The 900 Unreleased Photos

Earthbound Misfit I

Justice for Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Reaction score
It's been said that there is 900 or so photos that could not be released because they are too sexually explicit in nature. Do we have any idea what percentage of the unreleased photos were male and what percentage were female? I think I read that Alcala had a thing for photographing very young girls buttocks? I just wonder if the focus on trying to connect Alcala to missing persons should mainly be on girls or should boys be looked into equally?

It's been said that there is 900 or so photos that could not be released because they are too sexually explicit in nature. Do we have any idea what percentage of the unreleased photos were male and what percentage were female? I think I read that Alcala had a thing for photographing very young girls buttocks? I just wonder if the focus on trying to connect Alcala to missing persons should mainly be on girls or should boys be looked into equally?

That's a good question about the ratio, RK.

Personally after viewing the boy with the bike I believe boys as well.

Maybe they'll release a statement telling the public "We should be searching for boys as well". Plus if a young girl was in his company and had a male companion I have no doubt he'd murder a boy so he could have the intended victim.

You know I was also wondering if there are other people who we don't have a picture of (of course they already pulled pictures of his known victims).

I'm guessing though that they showed us each person that they could given the number of cropped pictures that were included. It seems likely he would take multiple pictures of each person so the 100 may cover most of the people included in the 900 unless there were some pictures in which there were no faces shown or where the pictures could not be adequately cropped or were just not appropriate to share with the public.

Thank you. I guess I find it odd that there was only a couple of photos of males and only one of them nude. What would draw Alcala to take a nude pic of only one boy?

You know I was also wondering if there are other people who we don't have a picture of (of course they already pulled pictures of his known victims).

I'm guessing though that they showed us each person that they could given the number of cropped pictures that were included. It seems likely he would take multiple pictures of each person so the 100 may cover most of the people included in the 900 unless there were some pictures in which there were no faces shown or where the pictures could not be adequately cropped or were just not appropriate to share with the public.

I wonder whether some of the girls he photographed brought their boyfriend or brother with them for safety reasons, and that tactic worked out for them sometimes and sometimes it didn't work out so great, for example if he managed to get the boyfriend drunk or drugged, or if the girl came back later without her boyfriend. Maybe some of the photos of guys were taken to put the couple at ease and make the activity seem more normal, less creepy. Sort of "Hey how about you get naked too and I can take one of you for her!"

Or he may just be slightly bisexual, and mostly go for females but occasionally a male if he saw one that he particularly liked.

Thank you. I guess I find it odd that there was only a couple of photos of males and only one of them nude. What would draw Alcala to take a nude pic of only one boy?

Yes, I know what you mean. Also if you read the interview with the psychiatrist in CT who came forward: "He showed me pictures of nude boys and some of them were so striking that they stick in my mind today," Leedom said. (from this article: http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-alcala-other-victims-identified,0,1874604.story)

Maybe the ones they released have accompanying more violent pics that they didn't release? It is so hard to know...

Yes, I know what you mean. Also if you read the interview with the psychiatrist in CT who came forward: "He showed me pictures of nude boys and some of them were so striking that they stick in my mind today," Leedom said. (from this article: http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-alcala-other-victims-identified,0,1874604.story)

Maybe the ones they released have accompanying more violent pics that they didn't release? It is so hard to know...

I've thought about this quote, too. What does she mean by "so striking"? Odd? Perverse? Violent?

The photo of the nude boy by the Indian-print curtains put no doubt in my mind that Alcala like boys, too.

I believe some of them had information about the subject in the photo and they were able to identify many.

I would guess that the nude boy was Alcala being "artsy" or trying to be. Probably hung out with some odd people as well.

I would guess that the nude boy was Alcala being "artsy" or trying to be.

Like Pee Wee Herman. After he was arrested they claimed to find naked photographs of under aged boys. Of course they were "artsy".

The boy in front of the print blanket is beautiful. Something a little feminine about him. However, it's obvious he is underage and that's child *advertiser censored*.

I'd posted in the old thread that I believe he had a ruse asking the people for names and addy's telling him that he would send the photographs to them. Copies anyway.

Claudette I agree I think he thought he was "artsy". I found he had a Modigliani print in one of the pictures. I can see where he'd identify with that artist.

The ones that he's been known to kill have all been female. Maybe that has something to do with it?

It's also possible that he stored his nude boys photograph collection somewhere else than his Seattle locker. IIRC one of the articles said that the photos there were predominantly female.

Like Pee Wee Herman. After he was arrested they claimed to find naked photographs of under aged boys. Of course they were "artsy".

The boy in front of the print blanket is beautiful. Something a little feminine about him. However, it's obvious he is underage and that's child *advertiser censored*.

I'd posted in the old thread that I believe he had a ruse asking the people for names and addy's telling him that he would send the photographs to them. Copies anyway.

Claudette I agree I think he thought he was "artsy". I found he had a Modigliani print in one of the pictures. I can see where he'd identify with that artist.

Just wondering if the police could lay charges against Alcala for these photos of this boy. He seems underage to give consent for such photos to be taken. He is obviously naked in the pic, and it seems like Alcala's shadow is there. If this boy is still missing maybe Alcala would fess up, and tell info about this kid.

I agree with those who say that one has to VICTIMIZE an underage boy to get that so called "Artsy" photo. IMO they are perverts, and people found with such photos should bee charged.

Not sure if he'd feel like a child *advertiser censored* charge is a threat anymore. He's already been sentenced to death so whatever sentence they'd give him for child *advertiser censored* might be of little concern.

Just wondering if the police could lay charges against Alcala for these photos of this boy. He seems underage to give consent for such photos to be taken. He is obviously naked in the pic, and it seems like Alcala's shadow is there. If this boy is still missing maybe Alcala would fess up, and tell info about this kid.

I agree with those who say that one has to VICTIMIZE an underage boy to get that so called "Artsy" photo. IMO they are perverts, and people found with such photos should bee charged.

The police can't go on what someone may "seem." He would have to be proven to be underage. And, no one knows if he's missing or not. Alcala isn't going to fess up to anything. He even denies murdering the ones he has been convicted of...

Lastly, I'm pretty sure that the police aren't remotely concerned about a photo of a naked kid from 40 years ago unless they KNOW and have evidence that the kid is dead.

The police can't go on what someone may "seem." He would have to be proven to be underage. And, no one knows if he's missing or not. Alcala isn't going to fess up to anything. He even denies murdering the ones he has been convicted of...

Lastly, I'm pretty sure that the police aren't remotely concerned about a photo of a naked kid from 40 years ago unless they KNOW and have evidence that the kid is dead.

I agree with you on the RA case.
Just thought I'd mention that some places have a new law called historical sex abuse charges where there is no time limit on pressing charges. I did read that one of RA's victims said she was molested but the time limit ran out as to where she can press charges.
Also there was a case a few yrs ago where they caught this man with "artsy" images of nude young boys. The judge dismissed the case because the judge says they were runaways, and got paid for posing so they were not victims. The best I can hope for is that this kid was a runaway, and is alive out there hiding from his past. I say that because in the first pic he looks really comfortable posting in the nude. I want all the people in the pic to be alive but some pull at my heart strings more than others. He's one of them.

I personally feel he only killed men if they got in his way or were a witness to a murder and I would probably narrow that down to the "person hanging in foliage." In any event, I think if they successfully try his for these two new cases that will be it, because there is some public outrage at the expense and the delay in his execution in California.

Not sure if he'd feel like a child *advertiser censored* charge is a threat anymore. He's already been sentenced to death so whatever sentence they'd give him for child *advertiser censored* might be of little concern.

There is also a statute of limitations in place that would not allow him to be charged for having child *advertiser censored* after all this time - even at the time of the photos they would have had to find the alleged victim and make him testify against Alcala for him to get any real jail time. The 8 year old girl that Alcala raped and attempted to kill was unable to testify (her parents took her to Mexico and wouldnt allow her to testify) so Alcala was given a sentence of 34 months instead of the 112 months that the DA hoped for.

I wonder if the pic of the 13-year old that Alcala was convicted of giving pot to and who also claimed that Alcala kidnapped them has pic among this stash. This means that this person is probably alive. I wish this person would tell their story.
I see about 4 people in the stash that lcould be around 13. The boy and girl in front of the native print curtin. The boy with missing teeth. The person on the bed whose hands appear tied back.

Ugh. Horrible thought but he may have used males for photographing sexual acts with the women he was degrading. He could have paid young male prostitutes for participating without a lot of fear of being exposed (pardon the pun).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back