State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the Petrick trial, do you think anyone would even make such a search? That was why asked initially if there was a visit to a weather site using 27518 and maybe that site used Google Maps to display radar and other data (e.g. wunderground.com). That would be normal behavior before going to lunch when were showers around from about 12:00 until 3:00.

I am not familiar with the Petrick trial, but even after the Scott Peterson case, any person with a limited IQ or above knew not to do ANYTHING associated with killing your wife on the computer. So that has never made sense in this trial with the Google Map.

Why wouldn't the defense have talked about weather then? I'm just going by testimony. Weather could be a great alibi - especially since BC was supposed to play tennis the next day. I do a lot of outside activities and check the weather constantly (just did it 20 secs ago).

Boz did a great job handling the silly ducks. He quickly trumped the notion they screwed up with the real, hard evidence - the fact he was on the Google maps looking at the dump site. I think the jury will keep coming back to that very incriminating fact and convict Cooper for 1st degree murder.

Well at the end of the day, the defense won that ridiculous duck game. Cummings was such an idiot and really had egg on his face last week. They can't have it both ways - making the ducks (in the foyer) part of the suspicious evidence and then when that doesn't work, mock the defense. Sorry, doesn't work that way.

Boz did a great job handling the silly ducks. He quickly trumped the notion they screwed up with the real, hard evidence - the fact he was on the Google maps looking at the dump site. I think the jury will keep coming back to that very incriminating fact and convict Cooper for 1st degree murder.

Both sides used the ducks in attempt to make the other side's arguments look silly. I have to chuckle, given all of the duck jokes here.

I don't think anything Boz can say will undo what HC said about the ducks. It was simply classic screw up. I am sure HC wishes he could take it back. You could be right about the Google maps. However, that evidence has been under a cloud of suspicion so it really is hard to predict what this jury will do.

I haven't gone back the 40 pages since I went to bed last night......But I assume you're talking about the last time she called the realtor (and left the message she needed out ASAP). I originally took that to be he could help her rent/lease a place. Many realtors do that as well.

How could she have done that with no money, if we are to believe she had no money? There is then her not contacting her attorney who told her to stay in the house. In addition we were given no proof of the message to the realtor. No record of her phone call to him, no recording of the message she left him. She supposedly called him Thursday or Friday, she became missing on Saturday, and he didn't think WOW it may be important to save that message and let the police hear it? Then there is the realtor refusing to even talk to BCs own investigator.

To top it off, and really makes me wonder, we had some of her friends saying that BC swore and called her names in front of the realtor but the realtor said that he never heard BC swear. I don't think that call to the realtor happened.

And this is a jury that was allowed to analyze the $MFT for themselves during the defense's evidence viewing. There may be some techie people on that jury that understand, even without an expert, that there's tampering.

I think BC returned it to Cisco when the one he ordered came in. Please prove to me that he didn't - you cannot.

There was disallowed evidence that it's mac address was on the same local area network as his laptop at 10:21 on 7/11. Does this prove it to you?

There was disallowed evidence that it's mac address was on the same local area network as his laptop at 10:21 on 7/11. Does this prove it to you?

Actually, it was not disallowed. The Judge ruled it could come in, and the prosecution CHOSE not to put it in.

I don't think anything Boz can say will undo what HC said about the ducks. It was simply classic screw up. I am sure HC wishes he could take it back. You could be right about the Google maps. However, that evidence has been under a cloud of suspicion so it really is hard to predict what this jury will do.

i'll admit that i don't know a whole lot about computers, but does anyone know if they found any other google map searches on his computers? if not, how long would those files stay on his computer? to me it just seems odd that this was the only search and it was so surgical in it's execution. i don't know if he did the search or not, so i guess in that regard HK did a good enough job to raise a cloud of suspicion, at least for me.

i still think he probably did it, but i also think the State's handling of this case from the outset was woefully inept.

The evidence was not disallowed, the prosecution chose not to present it.

How could she have done that with no money, if we are to believe she had no money? There is then her not contacting her attorney who told her to stay in the house. In addition we were given no proof of the message to the realtor. No record of her phone call to him, no recording of the message she left him. She supposedly called him Thursday or Friday, she became missing on Saturday, and he didn't think WOW it may be important to save that message and let the police hear it? Then there is the realtor refusing to even talk to BCs own investigator.

To top it off, and really makes me wonder, we had some of her friends saying that BC swore and called her names in front of the realtor but the realtor said that he never heard BC swear. I don't think that call to the realtor happened.

wouldn't her phone records have shown this call?

Originally Posted by macd

Actually, it was not disallowed. The Judge ruled it could come in, and the prosecution CHOSE not to put it in.

Does anyone have a theory as to WHY the prosecution elected NOT to present the testimony that would have put that router in BCs house on 7/11?? That would have been pretty damning.

If NC made the 6:40 am call and went jogging that morning the Google search means absolutely nothing. The state has not proven that she did not do either of those things.

Does anyone have a theory as to WHY the prosecution elected NOT to present the testimony that would have put that router in BCs house on 7/11?? That would have been pretty damning.

I'm guessing either it was another "possibility" or that they were afraid that it would have opened the door to allowing the defense to call a rebuttal expert that could have cast further doubt on the map search.

I think the Google Maps is way too much coincidence personally. And yes if BC was a clever as we think he is, he wouldn't have left this piece of info on the computer, particularly knowing the Petrick case.

Maybe the invalid timestamps did him in.
What if he was reviewing his plans for the night and IE crashed.
During the crash, the files in use were saved with invalid timestamps.

Later when BC was cleaning his computer, he searched for files with the date 7/11/08 and wiped all those. But, those pesky cache files were save with timestamp 1/1/70. Thwarted by a Windows bug!

Maybe BC can sue MS.

The bottom line: he managed to destroy gobs of digital evidence, is it really a surprise that someone would miss one thing?

Later when BC was cleaning his computer, he searched for files with the date 7/11/08 and wiped all those. But, those pesky cache files were save with timestamp 1/1/70. Thwarted by a Windows bug!

Maybe BC can sue MS.

The bottom line: he managed to destroy gobs of digital evidence, is it really a surprise that someone would miss one thing?

What digital evidence are you referring to? Just curious, all this technological stuff is going over my head.

Maybe BC can sue MS.

Could you be specific about what he destroyed.

I think it was a load of bunk and a very lame but successful attempt by BOZ to get an incriminating sound bite floating around in cyberspace. Just in case the jury doesn't completely follow JGs instructions, probably through no fault of their own but just do to the volume of available information coupled with large number of people keeping track of the trial.

were any of the timestamps from the bank activity at 1:14 invalid? i just find it odd that every single timestamp for that search was invalid and that boz blamed it on buggy vista, when even his own expert couldn't explain it.

Yes, other google search files had invalid timestamps.

That's what I heard GM, the disallowed witness say. That witness said thousands of files had this issue. He drew the opinion that thousand of files were a red flag. I found it obvious that it meant that the problem of thousands of files is unrelated to how forty or so files got on the computer.

That is what BZ said in closing (a little too fast).

One poster here found invalid timestamps on google search files on his own computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member