Who will make the most money? Includes various book discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that is how we all got the first hand info from the trial. That and the sunshine law. If Vander Sloot is ever prosecuted I hope they all can do the same with his trial. How would you ever pick up a newspaper or watch 6 o'clock news and get enough information. The problem I think for most everyone is the lying the family did and it is all on the internet what is the reason to write a book. We can come online and read exactly what someone said verbatim and watch it.

Hey, I agree with the importance of journalism, but please let's not confuse Dr. Drew and NG with ethical journalism. What a crock!

And that is how we all got the first hand info from the trial. That and the sunshine law. If Vander Sloot is ever prosecuted I hope they all can do the same with his trial. How would you ever pick up a newspaper or watch 6 o'clock news and get enough information. The problem I think for most everyone is the lying the family did and it is all on the internet what is the reason to write a book. We can come online and read exactly what someone said verbatim and watch it.

With open records and new technology, knowledge of the evidence in this case was not limited to a small group of elites, including lawyers, judges and the jury. Actually, more information and keen analysis was available on the the internet and from media outlets that took advantage of the new tech than was available in the courtroom and those interested from the beginning had 3 years to process it all and come to really informed decisions. I think the future is here and the court system, over time, will have to adapt. As offensive as this all is to at least one lawyer involved in the KC case and a few talking heads going after some of their fellow talking heads, these changes are for the best and here to stay. The system shouldn't be keeping this information to itself. Through cases like this, the general public gets a window in to see how OUR legal system is working. That's valuable knowledge for anyone who believes in our constitution and wants for our country's systems to keep evolving so that we REALLY will have the best legal system in the world! "We the people" watching the government and changing it if necessary it vital to our freedoms.

Hopefully, the defense won't turn much of a profit. No jury member ever should, although we should be paying jurors, particularly in high profile cases, a good amount, enough to defray most financial hardship in order that fewer must be excluded. I don't mind the media making money if they are also providing accurate, fact based analysis and providing trial coverage people flock to see. Might but a book by Jeff Ashton or Yuri....

JB IMO, did a terrible job, put on a lousy defense. He was only successful because the jury couldn't see beyond their noses, IMO. I don't think too many intelligent defendants will want to put their lives in JB's hands. I for one would never choose him, unless he was the last lawyer left in the world. So as a consequence, I just don't see JB making nearly what he thought he would make on Caylee's death.

ICA, IMO will do much worse because people hate her, and I think a boycott is coming.

Borrowing this post from the "Current News" thread;

it's an interesting article but I nearly gagged when it gets to the part about ABC News. It seems ABC 'News' gave the juror who appeared an all expense paid vacation to Disney. THIS IS APPALLING.

Don't wish to skirt any rules here so I will merely say ABC will be notified of how I feel about this disgrace act.

I wonder what will be on this jurors mind walking among scores of little girls both the age Caylee would be now & the age she was when she was murdered. Will this juror still enjoy the profit earned of the murder of a child ?
BBM
It won't affect them, they think she accidentally died (drowned?) like countless other children in this world. I think this Jury thought they were on Big Brother... be sequestered for a couple months, enjoy the perks that come alone with it, and then make a vote and go home and fatten up their wallets.

The story will fade, but it will always ignite something in people. Look at OJ...I was in tenth grade when he was found not guilty and I remember that day, and the shock and rage, like it was yesterday. I would never, even this many years later, buy anything or watch anything he was a part of. I think a lot of people will feel this way about Casey.

I agree. In fact, I turn the channel whenever one of OJ's old shows is rerun. Can't stand the sight of him and I wouldn't be able to stand the sight of ICA.

Where in my post did I say that?

Again, where in my post did I compare them to Casey or those who supported her?

I didn't.

I merely pointed out a fact that media outlets have made a ton of money from this case and trial.

People are opposed to Casey or her supporters making any money off of this. Of course the media is going to report on it so I in no way see how people can complain about them getting ratings off of news...reporting the news is their job. Like it or not HLN shows are part of the media. If People magazine writes an article without paying anyone for interviews I seriously doubt people will be upset about it. Many have already stated they might buy a book written by Ann Rule. LE and the court employees all have jobs because of crime. The media have jobs because of news. Casey and her supporters are the only ones who benefit solely for the reason of a dead child. :twocents:

People magazine, Jerry Springer, Skyline Chili and others are saying that now - What will they say 30-60 days from now? Just saying.

People are opposed to Casey or her supporters making any money off of this. Of course the media is going to report on it so I in no way see how people can complain about them getting ratings off of news...reporting the news is their job. Like it or not HLN shows are part of the media. If People magazine writes an article without paying anyone for interviews I seriously doubt people will be upset about it. Many have already stated they might buy a book written by Ann Rule. LE and the court employees all have jobs because of crime. The media have jobs because of news. Casey and her supporters are the only ones who benefit solely for the reason of a dead child. :twocents:

They have a job to report on news. Not sensationalize it, IMO, for ratings. We will have to agree to disagree on this one. The title of the thread is "Who will make the most money?" and I gave my answer.

I'd like George to write a book called "Life With Cindy".

I think Lee would make millions ...

I also wait for Yuri's book...that one will be so interesting..

I totally think Casey's book will sell - even if we know there will be lies in it - in general, people are still curious about how Casey ticks... I know I will buy her book.. well, read it anyway :) I'd rather borrow the book than buy the book - but I will read it.

I'm really not interested in what Cindy has to say - I have a severe problem with Cindy .. out of all of them, it is her that I dislike the most.... no clue why... just do...

I agree, Wendy. There is noone who gets under my skin more than Cindy. Let's look at why: for me, it's cuz she is an enabler of the worst kind. Did you hear that checks came to ICA directly from Gentiva?
She never allowed ICA to accept any responsibility for her actions. Because of her coddling of her insane daughter, she allowed ICA to "got away with murder".
She is a fricking liar just like her daughter. Where do we think Casey learned how to do it so well?
She is also a nag and a mean, vindictive woman who rages at everyone in her family. I wonder how many brawls little Caylee had to witness.
Mouthing "I love you" in the courtroom after all that ICA did to destroy this family..and after she threw her father under the bus? SICK!!!

I agree, Wendy. There is noone who gets under my skin more than Cindy. Let's look at why: for me, it's cuz she is an enabler of the worst kind. Did you hear that checks came to ICA directly from Gentiva?
She never allowed ICA to accept any responsibility for her actions. Because of her coddling of her insane daughter, she allowed ICA to "got away with murder".
She is a fricking liar just like her daughter. Where do we think Casey learned how to do it so well?
She is also a nag and a mean, vindictive woman who rages at everyone in her family. I wonder how many brawls little Caylee had to witness.
Mouthing "I love you" in the courtroom after all that ICA did to destroy this family..and after she threw her father under the bus? SICK!!!

I also can't stand Cindy. At first I felt sorry for Cindy, but once documents and audio interviews were released to the public I started to hate her. I think Cindy was a giant moron to allow Casey to get away with things. Casey stole money from Jesse Grund and Richard confronted Cindy about it and she brushed it off. Casey also stole checks and used Cindy's credit cards and Cindy didn't make Casey pay her back and she never question why her "employed" daughter had to steal money and credit cards.

Cindy also got Casey out of taking responsibility for theft she committed against Shirley and Alex which I think was really sad. Casey stole money from a nursing home account and I do wonder if Pleaseas income was very limited.

Cindy has a bad reputation with the neighbors. The Dickens couple that was interviewed by LE said that Kio Torres told them about Cindy being hateful and Bailey the husband said that Brian Burner told him that Cindy was never friendly to him or his wife. I think Cindy was nicknamed "Queen *****" of the neighborhood.

I honestly hope publishers or literary agents don't give Cindy the time of day. She is a known liar and out of her, George and Lee she seems to be the worst.

Cindy being hateful and Bailey the husband said that Brian Burner told him that Cindy was never friendly to him or his wife. I think Cindy was nicknamed "Queen *****" of the neighborhood.

Gee, the though of the queen alien raced into my head. And Casey being one of the small aliens kids.:couch:

I was flabbergasted when I heard/read that George and Cindy would write a book about what to do when your child/grandchild is missing. WTF! They know d*mn well that Caylee was never missing; she was most likely deceased long before that famous (and, perhaps, fake) 9-1-1 call. The only type of tome along these lines might be what NOT to do when a child goes missing, or better still, How To Make Money Off Your Missing Grandchild. jmo

I dont think its any big secret as what to do...call 911? There are police nd detectives that want to help.
What in the world are they thinking?

Someone needs to tell THEM ifyou pick up your daughters abandoned car, havent seen Grand daughter for a mo, have flakey daughter and it smells like theres been a dead body in damn car, do not drive it home call police from towyard!!!!!
Its almost laughable them writing a book how to advise other people.
Mark Klaas is good. People I am sure if they need help could ask him for advie, too. :)

Bettydaviseyes: they need to change title since trial to: What to do if you find drowned Granddaughter.
Best NOT to make up huge story that snowballs out of control when you simply call 911 and admit you werent watching said child and now child is drowned, please send help?
Well, it all depends on what story they want to go with, The kidnapped by Nanny or the drowning story.

As much as you hate Cindy, do you think she would trade $ for the choice of having her granddaughter alive? Can you say the same for Casey? Think about it...

As much as you hate Cindy, do you think she would trade $ for the choice of having her granddaughter alive? Can you say the same for Casey? Think about it...

I feel Cindy would love to have Caylee back, not money.

But that Cindy will take money gladly over Casey.

Caylee was a chance for Cindy to have a new daughter and get it right. Casey was beyound hope long ago, and Cindy knew that.

We can't stop news stations from making money...regardless of what sensational story they report on, they will make money. Personally I NEVER watch NG, GR, HLN, etc. I don't like the way they report and so I choose not to watch. I get most of my info online or from stations I respect who haven't milked this story. And if I don't want Casey to make money, then I won't buy or watch anything she is part of. I think the worst thing of all is for the person who murdered their child to then turn around and profit from the death of said child with lies and absurd stories, and be made to feel like a celebrity. :banghead:

BBM ITA She has gotten away with Murder,to become rich would be rewarding her actions that is INSANITY!How many other copycats will there be if she becomes rich!!!! I will never give 1cent to a killer or her family for a book of lies. I will buy a book if Jeff Ashton or Yuri Melich write one, anyone else if I get curious I will sit in Barnes and Nobles and read it for free. I will respect Caylee's memory by writing to any company who helps to support a Child Murderer and by not letting her make a dime!

JB IMO, did a terrible job, put on a lousy defense. He was only successful because the jury couldn't see beyond their noses, IMO. I don't think too many intelligent defendants will want to put their lives in JB's hands. I for one would never choose him, unless he was the last lawyer left in the world. So as a consequence, I just don't see JB making nearly what he thought he would make on Caylee's death.

ICA, IMO will do much worse because people hate her, and I think a boycott is coming.

I could see some people actually hiring JB to defend them and I predict JB won't have successes in the future. I could see him falling on his face in the future in other trials. JB reminds me of Douglas Tinker an criminal defense lawyer in Texas who had some successes getting a few acquittals in murder trials. Douglas defended Yolanda Salivadar the killer of Tejano singer. In that trial he claimed the killing was accidental and that Yolanda was going to kill herself and that Selena tried to stop her. Douglas was laughed at by many in Texas. After Yolanda was convicted things went downhill for Douglas.

I agree his defense was lousy and had several holes. In his opening statements when he did the "reenactment of George finding Caylee in the pool" seemed really phony and you could tell there was tension in voice when he did that.

Also if JB wrote a book, I wonder how he would explain a few things such as

-Why would a former cop like George wanted to cover up a drowning?
-If Caylee didn't die in a drowning was Casey going to continue the charade of having a job and a nanny?
-

Many people have already made a ton of money off the back of this case. How many commercials interrupted the trial on the TV stations? How much money were each of those legal experts paid to be on NG or Dr. Drew or whatever????? I guess it's been okay for all of them to make a ton of money from sensationalizing the death of a child and the trial. Whatever anyone else makes will be peanuts in comparison. MOO

Apples/oranges Those commercials run as a normal course of business day in and day out.
They air it because we as the public want to see it, if no one was watching it wouldn't be on.

Not the same as making blood money off of the murder of their family member.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member