GUILTY on all 3 Counts!!! Post-Verdict Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will MR be locked up at Kingston or is there a possibility he'll end up somewhere else?

Kingston is slated to close in the next year or two so I would imagine he'll be there until his new home is completed with the special section needed for monsters like him, Bernardo and Williams.

I've realized that in the end the jury believed that MR was in fact the one to strike the hammer as many of us here suspected and believed ourselves. They also listened closely, as we did to TLM's first confession. I can't begin to tell you how relieved I am that they got it right. We have laughed together, cried together, vented together, prayed together.

I just came to that same realisation. It suddenly dawned on me that when they asked if they didn't believe a certain part of the evidence does it automatically mean he is guilty, they didn't believe TLM's admission that she is the one that used the hammer. Seems that they not only saw right through MR, but they also saw through TLM and determined when and what she was lying. That is simply amazing. Very attentive to detail.

I was so nervous. So worried that the right decision wouldn't be made. I was so wrong about that (and I am so glad I was wrong).

The Police said they truly believed for the first month that Tori was missing that she was coming home--that she would have been dropped off at a Variety Store or somewhere.

Why would they believe that--don't the statistics point to a child being murdered within 24 hours of abduction?

A few more things I ovserved.

I heard or read I can't remember which it was, I think maybe one of the articles, that the judge almost called a mistrial because of Charity Spitzig's testimony about MR being a pimp.

Also, in TLM's original testimony, she said it was MR that stomped and kicked Tori and she heard him yell 'Holy *advertiser censored***, why don't you die!'

TLM changed her story because she didn't want to testify against MR. I guess we'll never know who delivered the fatal blow to Tori. But we all know she suffered unimaginably, and that both those monsters are going to spend the rest of their lives in jail.

I was watching one of the shows on CBCNN yesterday, one of the guests said that it is unlikely that MR will ever get out of jail even when his parole comes up.

REST IN PEACE NOW TORI

I would really like to see a purple store front in every city, as well as towns and villages across Canada to keep awareness alive regarding these predators. With a case such as the magnitude of this one, we need to keep the public alert to this type of crime at all times and never forget what happened in Woodstock on April 8, 2009. RS should be the CEO, travelling from office to office across Canada handing out purple ribbons and telling his story, always keeping this story in the forefront and never letting people become complacent because a verdict has been reached in this case. Keep it going RS!!!!!!!!! The Canadian government should back you every step of the way!!! MOO

Some have speculated that TLM changed her story because she still had feelings for MTR. There are many reasons why she may have changed her story.

I now feel that MTR did the killing all himself. He used the fact that TLM had previous assaults as a way to cover his butt and make it believable that Terri-Lynne did the killing. In his police interogation video he keeps making reference to TLM's faults and crimes and in his initial interview with police, in his home, he brings up her problems and that he knows her. He was setting her up from the beginning.

I never realized that the two of these killers met only a few months before the crime. As soon as MTR found his "violent pawn" (which I don't believe was really violent in this particular crime) he wanted to proceed with his sick fantasies as soon as possible. MOO. By the way I am not praising TLM, she is just as much a part of this crime as Michael Rafferty - Convicted Murderer.

Just stopped by this morning to wave hello to everyone :) So very happy for the verdict last night and hope that Tori's family can now find some Peace ~

It's a glorious morning... of to the garden centre for some flowers.... they most certainly will be purple ! Looking forward to Tuesday's finale - I know there are many waiting to wave goodbye to Mikey..... I take great satisfaction in knowing that he will most likely be moving in very close to Bernardo (who stole our precious one ) .... Googley eyes partner as Smyth says - yep.... there is some satisfaction.... some indeed.

lmao...I saw googley eyes too! Also the picture of him sitting in the police car in the back in The Star photo...that smirk, hair and the googley eyes...remind me of Crusty the Clown...I really think that should be his nickname in prison. Wishes I knew how to extract that photo for this post.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/05/11/time-for-rafferty-to-wipe-that-smirk-off-his-face

Some have speculated that TLM changed her story because she still had feelings for MTR. There are many reasons why she may have changed her story.

I now feel that MTR did the killing all himself. He used the fact that TLM had previous assaults as a way to cover his butt and make it believable that Terri-Lynne did the killing. In his police interogation video he keeps making reference to TLM's faults and crimes and in his initial interview with police, in his home, he brings up her problems and that he knows her. He was setting her up from the beginning.

I never realized that the two of these killers met only a few months before the crime. As soon as MTR found his "violent pawn" (which I don't believe was really violent in this particular crime) he wanted to proceed with his sick fantasies as soon as possible. MOO. By the way I am not praising TLM, she is just as much a part of this crime as Michael Rafferty - Convicted Murderer.

convicted Kidnapper, Rapist, Sadistic Murderer

A few more things I ovserved.

I heard or read I can't remember which it was, I think maybe one of the articles, that the judge almost called a mistrial because of Charity Spitzig's testimony about MR being a pimp.

Also, in TLM's original testimony, she said it was MR that stomped and kicked Tori and she heard him yell 'Holy *advertiser censored***, why don't you die!'

TLM changed her story because she didn't want to testify against MR. I guess we'll never know who delivered the fatal blow to Tori. But we all know she suffered unimaginably, and that both those monsters are going to spend the rest of their lives in jail.

I was watching one of the shows on CBCNN yesterday, one of the guests said that it is unlikely that MR will ever get out of jail even when his parole comes up.

REST IN PEACE NOW TORI

that rotten SOB. I hope they find the worst prison hole of a cell in all of Canada for him..a cold one! I do not think this is the last we have heard of crimes he has committed. MOO

me too my splash color will be purple every year in my garden in memory of Tori. I won't forget. And I will be doing some letter writing as well. As well as a few in memorial things in Tori's name through education. MOO

He got a fair trial (really fair as they left out some really damaging evidence) so what the heck will he appeal?

To quote Michael Rafferty from his police interrogation

"Good luck, you will need lots of pennies" Rafferty stated to Det. Smythe about getting a conviction on him.

Back at cha MTR in regards to your "appeal". MOO

whoa the globe and mail article paints a grim picture for Rafferty's future. Much different from the zipping around life he lead. I don't think he is gonna like it. MOO

that rotten SOB. I hope they find the worst prison hole of a cell in all of Canada for him..a cold one! I do not think this is the last we have heard of crimes he has committed. MOO

me too my splash color will be purple every year in my garden in memory of Tori. I won't forget. And I will be doing some letter writing as well. As well as a few in memorial things in Tori's name through education. MOO

I'm wondering that too. He had been doing searches on his comp since 2005.

I think his search for a asian wife is extremely ominous... maybe he was looking for someone to kill, someone who wouldn't be missed somehow.

As for his searches for children for sale, my first thought when the police said that it was for nefarious purposes, the first thing I thought was that he wanted to sell Tori to a child trafficking ring or child *advertiser censored*... maybe he wanted to get into an online child *advertiser censored* club and had to come up with a child, or worst he wanted to make a snuff film. That all crossed my mind, but those things are just so taboo, people just don't even want to think about stuff like that.

Anyhow, I'll never understand what makes monsters like Rafferty tick. Experts say it is a sickness, and imbalance in the brain, I just don't know. I think monsters like MR just like watching people suffer. I'm glad he's off the street, once less monster to deal with... had the jury somehow not seen through the evidence, there would have been alot of frightened parents out there. I have a feeling he wouldn't have lasted very long on the outside.

JMO

To quote Michael Rafferty from his police interrogation

"Good luck, you will need lots of pennies" Rafferty stated to Det. Smythe about getting a conviction on him.

Back at cha MTR in regards to your "appeal". MOO

It's his right to appeal, but the judge can also not grant him that appeal :) I heard one of the lawyers yesterday say that the accused has to raise the funds to appeal and that alot of times the accused will represent himself during an appeal because of the lack of funds. However, I guess perhaps Derstine will represent him during his appeal if he gets one.

Love, love, love this article in the Toronto Sun by Michele Mandel :

"Bye-bye, Michael Rafferty.

You can wipe that smirk off your face now — the cocky smile you wore throughout your trial, so sure you were that you were going to be acquitted of these heinous crimes.

As if you had outsmarted us all.

A fan of CSI, you had wiped your Honda clean at that Cambridge carwash, disposed of Tori’s clothes and your own, threw out the back seat in your car and tried to wipe your BlackBerry clean.

You had buried Victoria Stafford in garbage bags beneath hundreds of pounds of rocks, left that bludgeoned child hidden and alone at the end of a remote country lane more than two hours from the people who loved and missed her, figuring she could never reveal the cruel horror you hammered down upon her.
Oh, but that innocent girl could not rest until she brought you to justice.

And she has now, she has.

How smug you were....

more at link

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/05/11/time-for-rafferty-to-wipe-that-smirk-off-his-face

Thank-you, Michele Mandel, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!!!

WELL WRITTEN

Must read article. Best article ever. Thank-you!

I was driving up island to be with my family when we heard a verdict was coming so had to pull over before we lost signal. hallelujah, horns were honking and we were cheering... I am standing on a hill top to get a signal ... Not hiding just don't have a signal

All I can say is that every may 11 when I am celebrating my birthday I will also be celebrating Tori. Rest now sweet girl ... Thank you god

I'm hoping Rodney will continue his quest to fight crime against children. Sadly, it took Tori's life to raise awareness. Rodney was inspirational in making changes to the Amber Alert system, he also raised funds for missing children. He is very much an advocate to Tori's Law and hopefully that will come into effect in the not too distant future.

Reporters love him. People love him. He has a gift and I think he can continue this fight to save our children from these monsters. I would stand behind him 100%.

In the meantime, there is a lot we as citizens can do to make the changes. Get more involved with your local governments (provincially and federally).

Our kids are our future and they need us to stand up for them.

Absolutely we can make change. Not just Rodney but "We".

TLM gets credit from me for doing one good thing in her life, in spite of the horrible childhood she had ... she took MR off the streets. With or without TLM, MR was eventually going to assault young girls and the one thing TLM did is ensure that it never happens again.

I agree. As i moved thru all of this information and the emotion I came to be thankful to TLM. If Rodney can be thankful I at the very least can be also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth