Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
MJD_ID_TawniLee.jpg

preliminary results of overlay: holy ****, it's uncanny. But I used the age progressed image....:doh:. I'll do the actual photo too.

How long had Coral been missing again, wasn't it just a few months? I wonder when the photo of her was taken? Her bangs are short. Its hard to tell if MJD's bangs were long or short. Just a thought.

How long had Coral been missing again, wasn't it just a few months? I wonder when the photo of her was taken? Her bangs are short. Its hard to tell if MJD's bangs were long or short. Just a thought.

I thought that too. She went missing in September of 1998, but I'm betting that is a old photo.

I don't see a resemblance between them. Maricopa's face is heart shaped and wider than Coral's, her eyes are larger and spaced farther apart, and the brow ridge seems to be totally different (I don't mean the brows--I mean the actual bone beneath the brows). Maricopa's bridge of her nose is also wider than Coral's. Others may see something differently, though.

Yes, her face is wider, but how much of it is swelling?

the left side of her face is pretty significantly wider because of swelling.

I say call it in (and I was skeptical about Coral being MJD too). Does Michaela Garecht have an age progressed photo?

I just read the police report, and it leaves some lingering questions:

1) Re: Robin, the person who said she knew MJD from the neighborhood--if she really tried to talk her out of prostitution, then obviously they must have had some conversations of note. Why wouldn't she know MJD's real name? I know why she might be confused about MJD's street name, but generally--don't you get a name from someone you're having a conversation with?

2) In the last interview with Lindsey, why did she keep referring to Alonzo as "William"?

3) In the first part of the report, when Lindsey said something about someone only being in AZ for two months, did she mean *herself* or did she mean MJD?

After reading the report, I would want to talk to the neighbor some more. I'm also curious about the girl who they originally thought was MJD (that Monica girl).

I thought the same things, Aphra. I mean if you are comfortable enough to discuss prostitution with them and try to get her to leave, how could you not know her name? She had to have been a little more than a passing acquaintence, I would think.

I caught the William reference too. I wonder if it was just a strange typo of some sort (along with the "bark" blue cadillac).

ALot of Lindsey's statements were confusing to me. Of course, I just got the report and only scanned it quickly, I didn't read it for detail the first time, but it seemed like her stories were a little (or a lot) different depending on which investigator she was speaking to at the time. And I too would like to know who's Rolex it was. That surprised me! I thought for sure it would be a knock-off, but it did say Rolex "brand".

the left side of her face is pretty significantly wider because of swelling.

I say call it in (and I was skeptical about Coral being MJD too). Does Michaela Garecht have an age progressed photo?

Personally, I like Michaela better than Coral. I agree with Lion, I really don't see the resemblance in their faces.

Thanks Lionrun, I don't think their is a strong enough resemblence between Coral and MJD either. I don't believe that MJD was ever reported missing, which could be for various reasons.

I reread the report, I can see how the reference to "she's only been in Arizona for two months" could refer to either LDJ or MDJ and nothing we have found has indicated either were in PHX any longer.

And who had a damn Rolex! I want to know if that was a man's watch or a woman's watch. MJD had diamonds, is it possible she had a Rolex, too?

I would think if our girl had a rolex on her while she was walking the street then she was truly an innocent because that would get you at least rolled by someone....I think it was Alonzo's or stolen from someone else.

Actually, Michaela's too old to be MJD. She would've been 20 at the time, old enough to dance in strip clubs or whatever.

So we have a girl who was at maximum 15, and not savvy enough to lie about her age when she went to the club to apply to be a stripper, who cared about her appearance and who inspired (allegedly that is, I am referring to Robin's witness statement) in others the thought that she could or should be rescued from the life. If there is any truth at all to LDJ's statements, our girl was resourceful-claiming that she was going to throw up and possibly trying to get out the window of the moving vehicle. She wore real jewelry, but had a homemade tattoo on her chest...a small cheesy blue heart about 1x1 inch.

She was seen, allegedly, fighting with KTL (her purported pimp)...mind you it was a vigorous arguement that was noticed by the sales manager of the car dealership it occurred in front of. So she was at least somewhat gutsy.

A gutsy, reasonably well put together, petite, beautiful teenager who no one really knew...there has to be someone out there who matches this description.

I'm currently combing adoption sites through archive.org from 1998 or before to see if maybe this girl was listed on one of these sites--I am going with the theory that she ran away from a foster home. We'll see. I'm not sure I'll find anything.

I talked to my friend in AZ. Nothing in that end... there are loads of strip clubs in AZ, and MJD would have been younger than his youngest son who was born in 82. My guess is MJD would have a birth year of 83. After reading LE put pics and info in all the "gentlemens clubs", it appears to be a dead end. I could ask one more time, as we had a mutual friend who fell off the wagon and was found dead from alcohol poisening near 24th and Van Buren, but I am unsure of the year that happened, and these were both guys in the trades who went out there. The guy who died from the alcohol poisening remodeled my kitchen and did a great job fwiw. Maybe he still knows of anyone who associated with the guy who died... though, I never knew of either of them frequenting prostitutes.

ETA: While I was talking to my friend last night and sharing bits and pc's of the report, I mentioned how well groomed she was, and the real diamonds and gold... This friend has been in some trouble himself, and I would call him very street wise. He mentioned she could have gotten them anywhere... possibly stealing them, which I hadn't thought of. though, I imagine she wasn't on the streets long or she would have needed to pawn them.

So we have a girl who was at maximum 15, and not savvy enough to lie about her age when she went to the club to apply to be a stripper, who cared about her appearance and who inspired (allegedly that is, I am referring to Robin's witness statement) in others the thought that she could or should be rescued from the life. If there is any truth at all to LDJ's statements, our girl was resourceful-claiming that she was going to throw up and possibly trying to get out the window of the moving vehicle. She wore real jewelry, but had a homemade tattoo on her chest...a small cheesy blue heart about 1x1 inch.

She was seen, allegedly, fighting with KTL (her purported pimp)...mind you it was a vigorous arguement that was noticed by the sales manager of the car dealership it occurred in front of. So she was at least somewhat gutsy.

A gutsy, reasonably well put together, petite, beautiful teenager who no one really knew...there has to be someone out there who matches this description.

I don't think it was KTL she was fighting with because he was in jail, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes