CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if some of you guys that have followed Bob's case from the start...or near the start....would mind posting a couple links for new folks who might be visiting for the first time. Where could a new person find the basics about Bob's disappearance?

Shefner, Unfortunately most of the posts you will read here are a one-sided witch hunt against the family of Bob. If you read some of the first posts, you will read the same posts here daily because they keep repeating themselves over and over! Per Detective Radomski NO ONE has been ruled out as a person of interest as first reported by Detective Loomis. That can be verified by calling Det. Radomski. When Fontelle contacted Bob after all those years apart he didnt even remember who she was. Maybe by watching the "Disappeared" episode coming you will get an unbiased look as to what led up to his disappearance.

Shefner, Unfortunately most of the posts you will read here are a one-sided witch hunt against the family of Bob. If you read some of the first posts, you will read the same posts here daily because they keep repeating themselves over and over! Per Detective Radomski NO ONE has been ruled out as a person of interest as first reported by Detective Loomis. That can be verified by calling Det. Radomski. When Fontelle contacted Bob after all those years apart he didnt even remember who she was. Maybe by watching the "Disappeared" episode coming you will get an unbiased look as to what led up to his disappearance.

DollyPardonMe, can I ask why you feel this way? Not trying to be rude, I am honestly curious. I can totally understand saying "Well, hold up now, there is no evidence that Bob's family had anything to do with this" and maybe present other theories, but you seem to be very angry about the posts here. And no, there seems to be NO evidence whatsoever of what happened to poor Bob, he just, well, disappeared. I myself am just very bothered by the way his family acts/has acted. The impression they are giving off is of greedy, spoiled children who pretty much only cared about Bob's money. Maybe they are lovely people, but I just don't see it from how they have presented themselves. And after all, the BiL was the LAST ONE to see Bob. Very strange that there was the heated family argument, then the BiL doing supposed handyman work, and poof! Bob is gone. And since that time, they seem to be more fixated on what happens to Bob's assets as opposed to FINDING him. ( Such as the detailed list of stuff they wanted out of the house. Who DOES that? Yuck!) Why have a FB page that the public can't even access? No website? The whole thing is just, well, it's hinky.
Like I said, I am not trying to be rude or start an argument, I just wondered what YOU feel is going on here. :)

DollyPardonMe, can I ask why you feel this way? Not trying to be rude, I am honestly curious. I can totally understand saying "Well, hold up now, there is no evidence that Bob's family had anything to do with this" and maybe present other theories, but you seem to be very angry about the posts here. And no, there seems to be NO evidence whatsoever of what happened to poor Bob, he just, well, disappeared. I myself am just very bothered by the way his family acts/has acted. The impression they are giving off is of greedy, spoiled children who pretty much only cared about Bob's money. Maybe they are lovely people, but I just don't see it from how they have presented themselves. And after all, the BiL was the LAST ONE to see Bob. Very strange that there was the heated family argument, then the BiL doing supposed handyman work, and poof! Bob is gone. And since that time, they seem to be more fixated on what happens to Bob's assets as opposed to FINDING him. ( Such as the detailed list of stuff they wanted out of the house. Who DOES that? Yuck!) Why have a FB page that the public can't even access? No website? The whole thing is just, well, it's hinky.
Like I said, I am not trying to be rude or start an argument, I just wondered what YOU feel is going on here. :)

BBM
Yes, I am angry about many of the posts here because they are hateful. I have been following this case from the start and I can't tell you how many of my posts have been deleted because they did not agree with the way the thread was going. Bob's best friend came to the thread to give his views on what could have happened and to talk about Bob, his best friend and he was run off. I have seen pictures of trucks posted explaining how "this truck" COULD BE like the one the daughter and SIL used to hide Bob's body and dump somewhere on the way home..huh? Seems to me there's alot of assuming here and not enough sleuthing. Isn't that what we are here for anyway? To look at Bob's disappearance from ALL angles? I am so sorry that Bob disappeared. In my heart I believe the daughters had nothing to do with his disappearance. I believe he did know the persons who had something to do with his disappearance and went with them of his own free will. He was the innocent victim of someone who had alot to lose if he lived!

What made this case stand out from all others were the hateful and disparaging comments about their father Robert Harrod on the IS threads. That is not the place to air dirty laundry about the family when your father is missing. It was bizarre and inappropriate. It seemed they were trying to make sure nobody cared if he was ever found. He was gone so could never defend himself, he had no voice.Thank God for his wife Fontelle and "strangers" on the Web, or this whole story would have slipped into oblivion. IMO

Unfortunately most of the posts you will read here are a one-sided witch hunt against the family of Bob. If you read some of the first posts...

I also would like to add...that the early posts by the daughters were a One-sided witch hunt against Robert Harrod's reputation and character. Shame on them! Especially after all he had done for them, IMO it was despicable behavior.

Shefner, Unfortunately most of the posts you will read here are a one-sided witch hunt against the family of Bob. If you read some of the first posts, you will read the same posts here daily because they keep repeating themselves over and over!

This is inaccurate and unfair as it misrepresents the work of many posters here. If one does as you suggest, and reads some of the first posts, it is clear that posters were considering all possibilities. As more information emerged, some possibilities were ruled out. The posts reveal that several posters changed their opinions as time passed and more became known about the events leading up to Bob's death.

I'm not disputing that the focus has shifted or become more refined over time. Why wouldn't it? Death/abduction at the hands of a stranger has been ruled out. Bob and Georgia's barber, and her family, have been ruled out. More is known about the events leading up to Bob's death, such as the 'heated' meeting with his daughters about money the day he informed them that he was going to include Fontelle in his estate. Also, the statements of his daughters (often arguably hateful and apropos of nothing -- such as criticizing his choice of TV dinners) gave many cause to wonder. (And how unlike the children of a missing person they have acted -- the facebook page speaks for itself.)

All of this (and much more) information changed many minds over time, including those of some very dedicated posters here. I don't know that 'witch hunt' is fair to WS posters as it simply became impossible for people to entertain some possibilities in light of new information. I think that all angles have now been considered if not explored, but I'm sure that people reading here are open minded. (I think many would be pleased if there was a plausible explanation other than that which appears to be the case. I know I would, even though the outcome would be the same.)

As a reference I will include a link to the first page of the first thread about Bob:

CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

BBM
Yes, I am angry about many of the posts here because they are hateful. I have been following this case from the start and I can't tell you how many of my posts have been deleted because they did not agree with the way the thread was going. Bob's best friend came to the thread to give his views on what could have happened and to talk about Bob, his best friend and he was run off. I have seen pictures of trucks posted explaining how "this truck" COULD BE like the one the daughter and SIL used to hide Bob's body and dump somewhere on the way home..huh? Seems to me there's alot of assuming here and not enough sleuthing. Isn't that what we are here for anyway? To look at Bob's disappearance from ALL angles? I am so sorry that Bob disappeared. In my heart I believe the daughters had nothing to do with his disappearance. I believe he did know the persons who had something to do with his disappearance and went with them of his own free will. He was the innocent victim of someone who had alot to lose if he lived!

I am going to object a little to this Dolly-and you know I have great respect for you. Posts do not get deleted for an opposing point of view. If you feel that way, then you need to reach out to Admin.

You and I agree completely regarding your statement here: He was the innocent victim of someone who had alot to lose if he lived!

For example, you state in your previous post that Radomski has stated no one has been ruled out. We have posted msm links time and time again that indicate this is not so. Do you have a link showing that no one has been ruled out?

I am heartened to read that you think Disappeared will clear up who the focus of the investigation will be. I suspect you are right there-LE input is an important part of the process I am told.

As for the Honda Ridgeline, I think there has been abundant work detailing what the Honda Ridgeline in the possession of JeM and JuM was, and the examples we have provided in terms of video and photos are the same make and model. If you took the time to view the Disappeared clip, then you can see the producers of Disappeared did the same.

If we hinge some of this on the merits of the Disappeared clip, then I would be interested to get the CL perspective on why JeM was shown fixing a toilet tank and if she knew that it was in disrepair.

Looks like clip was taken down from ID/Disappeared site? When I click on the link now I get: "We're sorry. This page is not available."

http://investigation.discovery.com/videos/disappeared-sign-of-trouble.html

When I search the site on "bob harrod" I get a page that shows a link to the clip that no longer works (clip had 775 views):

http://investigation.discovery.com/search/results.html?query=bob+harrod&focus=video

Interesting. I wonder if they gauge where they will run a show based upon the interest in the teaser? *shrug*

BBM

Thanks for responding, I do appreciate it. I CAN understand your frustration. There are cases here where I disagree with the "majority" and it can make you angry, thats for sure. :maddening:
I read Bob's threads when I first started lurking at WS a while back. I vaguely remember the friend posting. Going to go back and read again I think.
I most surely give you props for speaking your mind and not being afraid to say what you think. :)

ETA: I am interested in watching the "Disappeared" episode. Unfortunately sometimes that show gets things incorrect, but all in all they usually do a good job.

Bob's friend, PE, was not run off by the sleuthers. PE was accused on the open board here at WS of unsavory and illegal behavior by someone close to Bob's daughters. An apology was issued later by the person who did it, but the damage was done.

I dont blame him for not wanting to engage on the www any further with his views.

I also completely and totally understand why people would resist the idea that a group of family members might engage in some kind of conspiracy regarding their elderly father. People who dont have those thoughts and desires cannot wrap their brains around it, sure. I felt the same when I first posted and for a period of time thereafter.

The thing is, no one has to believe even cold hard facts if they choose not to. This is the www. However, it is an insult, imo, to those here who have worked long and hard at assembling what facts we have available and putting the pieces of the puzzle together to dismiss that work completely because it doesnt fit in with what you want to believe.

Spirited debate? Fine. Insults and name calling? Not fine. I wouldnt support that behavior towards anyone on any thread here at WS.

Bob's friend, PE, was not run off by the sleuthers. PE was accused on the open board here at WS of unsavory and illegal behavior by someone close to Bob's daughters. An apology was issued later by the person who did it, but the damage was done.

I dont blame him for not wanting to engage on the www any further with his views.

I also completely and totally understand why people would resist the idea that a group of family members might engage in some kind of conspiracy regarding their elderly father. People who dont have those thoughts and desires cannot wrap their brains around it, sure. I felt the same when I first posted and for a period of time thereafter.

The thing is, no one has to believe even cold hard facts if they choose not to. This is the www. However, it is an insult, imo, to those here who have worked long and hard at assembling what facts we have available and putting the pieces of the puzzle together to dismiss that work completely because it doesnt fit in with what you want to believe.

Spirited debate? Fine. Insults and name calling? Not fine. I wouldnt support that behavior towards anyone on any thread here at WS.

Yes. This is a forum where people should be able to debate their opposing viewpoints. And it is perfectly ok to voice your opinion. But I most definitley agree name-callling and such is uncalled for. I know personally, I will tend to tune out people who take such tactics. I just glide right past their posts, because if you can't be civil I I don't really care what you have to say, to put it bluntly. I am always willing to hear theories and viewpoints, I might learn something new! But you are not going to convince me of anything if you are going to be rude.

Well, that was quite a ramble. LOL Thanks to all the people here who won't let Bob be forgotten. :)

It looks like the clip was put up by mistake-Bob's episode will be aired at another point in the year.

I simply asked the network and this is what they shared. :)

We were lucky to get a sneak preview however, lol!!

Not only is there no MSM link indicating no one has been ruled out, there has never been a MSM correction to statements indicating LE ruled out the hair dresser.

Published: Oct. 8, 2009 Updated: 3:13 p.m.

The three daughters told police initially they suspected Bob Harrod's barber – a woman who attended their mother's funeral in 2008 – of some connection with the disappearance. Police have cleared the barber and her husband of any connection with the case.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-214111--.html

Originally published February 7, 2010 at 7:02 PM | Page modified February 7, 2010 at 9:07 PM

The younger woman with whom Bob had a friendship has a solid alibi.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2010985815_disappeared08.html

Additionally there has never been a MSM correction to the information indicating LE ruled out foul play at the hands of a stranger.

Cops: Stranger Not Responsible For Disappearance

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=67544

From this we can glean the hairdresser has been ruled out and police believe Bob met with foul play at the hands of someone he knew.

Not only is there no MSM link indicating no one has been ruled out, there has never been a MSM correction to statements indicating LE ruled out the hair dresser.

Published: Oct. 8, 2009 Updated: 3:13 p.m.

The three daughters told police initially they suspected Bob Harrod's barber – a woman who attended their mother's funeral in 2008 – of some connection with the disappearance. Police have cleared the barber and her husband of any connection with the case.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-214111--.html

Originally published February 7, 2010 at 7:02 PM | Page modified February 7, 2010 at 9:07 PM

The younger woman with whom Bob had a friendship has a solid alibi.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2010985815_disappeared08.html

Additionally there has never been a MSM correction to the information indicating LE ruled out foul play at the hands of a stranger.

Cops: Stranger Not Responsible For Disappearance

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=67544

From this we can glean the hairdresser has been ruled out and police believe Bob met with foul play at the hands of someone he knew.

Thanks Cubby.

I have to wonder if the police specifically let it be known the hairdresser was cleared because they were aware that the daughters were posting on the WWW that the hairdresser was a POI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni