Questions for fellow websleuthers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that being discussed or reported by witnesses, but when I looked at the dates in the docs I found that on that date it was already towed. But I sure could be wrong; I've stayed up way too late the last few nights.
Going back to those docs all the time gives me a headache; the pages load so slowly, I could clean house before they finish. I wish we had access to a page that just had simple LE facts with dates.

I can help with the docs - at the top of the main forum page, there are "sticky" threads. There are timelines and cliff notes for the docs.

Thanks...but as a mother I can say that there would be no way I'd let my 22 year old daughter (yes, I have one) go without me. I also can't imagine my parents letting me go by myself either (my father was an attorney so maybe that's why), but I was just wondering if there was a rule about this.

Well, I am not a lawyer, but I based on my own personal experience with my step-daughter, I don't think you would have a choice once they are adults. I believe LE has a right to interview them outside your presence and without your consent. Of course you could always tell your daughter not to talk and to demand an attorney, and just hope she follows your advice! LOL

I still believe that George and Cindy believed that the police could get the truth out of Casey and that she would give them enough info to get Caylee back. I don't think they were focused that much on Casey's potential guilt yet because I think they still believed she was alive somewhere. I think they were desperate to get Caylee found and probably encouraged their daughter to cooperate. I think even if George had warned Casey not to say too much, she loves to talk so much it probably went in one ear and out the other!

The whole reference to Casey being glad that "everything" happened the way it did (her mom finding out) in her interview just didn't sit right with me. Again, one of those answers that just didn't sound forthcoming, but camouflaged in some way.
My husband is always reminding me "you aren't from around here, are you?" Then he giggles.
I'm *from* Texas. So I don't talk like, or form all of my sentences like many other people. But is it just me, or do these 2 gals - CA & KC - talk like they're from another planet ??
I hear the way they form their sentences on tv, and I read them in the docs. I've never known anyone who talks the way they do. Maybe it's the stress, for CA. She has a nice soft voice when she's not upset. I would have known her as a nurse without even being told. I see her as nurturing.
But sometimes I do go cross-eyed when I try to follow what the hey they are saying sometimes, lol. :crosseyed:

I can help with the docs - at the top of the main forum page, there are "sticky" threads. There are timelines and cliff notes for the docs.
Thank you !
Hmmmm...... cliff notes...... might just be what I'm looking for :)

My husband is always reminding me "you aren't from around here, are you?" Then he giggles.
I'm *from* Texas. So I don't talk like, or form all of my sentences like many other people. But is it just me, or do these 2 gals - CA & KC - talk like they're from another planet ??
I hear the way they form their sentences on tv, and I read them in the docs. I've never known anyone who talks the way they do. Maybe it's the stress, for CA. She has a nice soft voice when she's not upset. I would have known her as a nurse without even being told. I see her as nurturing.
But sometimes I do go cross-eyed when I try to follow what the hey they are saying sometimes, lol. :crosseyed:

Howdy fellow Texan. LOL. I also find the way they speak to be strange. The way they pronounce certain words is very different. I also find the words in a sentence that they emphasize to be somewhat odd sometimes. Casey sure like to say words like "absolutely" and "positively" and "definitely" and "honestly" - seemingly as a way of adding strength and credibility to what she is saying. I find her accent somewhat annoying at times.

~~snipped~~
Casey's car was already at the tow yard.

okay...but she used amy's car the whole time she was gone, i thought... does that mean she was pretending to not have her own car even before amy left?

Actually I think Casey's car was too small to pick everybody up from the airport so she drove AH's car to pick them up from the airport

right, but in that case, she would have only used it that one time. i thought she used it the whole time amy was gone.

Answer to number 1- her car had been abandoned by June 27th. Casey borrowed AH's car while she was away on vacation. Was there an earlier time that you were referring to?

okay, so was amy only in PR from the 27-30th? i doubt casey would have called amy in PR and asked her if she could use her car, but i don't know. i thought it was more like 'hey, i'll be gone x amount of days, you don't have a car, use mine'.

also...i thought AH came back from PR on the 16th...

#2- could it have been in reference to the "window narrowing" in regards to when Caylee was actually...well you know. Can you refer to the post where this was mentioned?

#3- Well it was either the very best stroke of luck (Caylee was finally reported missing) or the very worst stroke of luck. The whole reference to Casey being glad that "everything" happened the way it did (her mom finding out) in her interview just didn't sit right with me. Again, one of those answers that just didn't sound forthcoming, but camouflaged in some way.

with you totally on your opinion of that part of the interview. completely with you.

also, i tried to find that post that referenced 'leonard's window' and i still can't. i'll keep looking.

thanks, friends. and don't be shy to set me straight, i just want to make sure i'm not missing something here. something's not right, and if i talk it it out i can usually find where i'm wrong...

I don't see why they couldn't my mother carried my first son on her insurance for years
---------
Hi Door,you're right.We were able to carry our teenage granddaughter,after our son died she came to live with us.Take care,Nore

Has anyone in real life/ in the movies ever heard of a child being kidnapped and the parents did not contact authorities?

It would be my guess that Casey got AFDC and Medicaid to cover Caylee's medical bills. She would probably qualify because of her low(no) income.

dunno bout FL but here in MO, you have to agree to go after the father for support before you qualify, which means establishing paternity etc.

Answer to number 1- her car had been abandoned by June 27th. Casey borrowed AH's car while she was away on vacation. Was there an earlier time that you were referring to?

The window - I think LP, while on Nancy, mentioned that Caylee could have fallen out of a window or off a balcony at Casey's bf's apartment. I could be wrong.

Howdy fellow Texan. LOL. I also find the way they speak to be strange. The way they pronounce certain words is very different. I also find the words in a sentence that they emphasize to be somewhat odd sometimes. Casey sure like to say words like "absolutely" and "positively" and "definitely" and "honestly" - seemingly as a way of adding strength and credibility to what she is saying. I find her accent somewhat annoying at times.

I'm not from Texas. I'm from Philadelphia. And yes, I have an accent. I now live in New Jersey (close to NYC) and get teased about my Philly accent all of the time.
I am a speech pathologist. Although I don't specialize in accent reduction, I have some knowledge of accents and dialects. Very few people speak like Casey and Cindy. Cindy may be combining her Ohio accent with some "Southern" pronunciations to form words that really jump out at the listener. Casey's syntax and symantics are "off". Best word I can think of (it's 1 am here!) Her sentence structure is atypical of speakers of English as a first language. However, it isn't typical of any other group either.
I remember a class I had in grad school called "Psycho-Linguistics" which certainly has the correct first word in the title......Maybe I should have kept that text book!
I agree that listening to them or reading their quotes is annoying. I guess that is my point.:confused:

The window - I think LP, while on Nancy, mentioned that Caylee could have fallen out of a window or off a balcony at Casey's bf's apartment. I could be wrong.

In a phone call he was heard to say Caylee could have fallen off of Tony's balcony or choked on a candy bar. I think he was just throwing out some possibilities. I never put too much weight on that comment.

Has anyone in real life/ in the movies ever heard of a child being kidnapped and the parents did not contact authorities?
No...not kidnapped...I have heard of children who went missing and it was never reported. Ultimately, the parent was found responsible for killing the child (in one recent case the parent said it was an accident).

I'm not from Texas. I'm from Philadelphia. And yes, I have an accent. I now live in New Jersey (close to NYC) and get teased about my Philly accent all of the time.
I am a speech pathologist. Although I don't specialize in accent reduction, I have some knowledge of accents and dialects. Very few people speak like Casey and Cindy. Cindy may be combining her Ohio accent with some "Southern" pronunciations to form words that really jump out at the listener. Casey's syntax and symantics are "off". Best word I can think of (it's 1 am here!) Her sentence structure is atypical of speakers of English as a first language. However, it isn't typical of any other group either.
I remember a class I had in grad school called "Psycho-Linguistics" which certainly has the correct first word in the title......Maybe I should have kept that text book!
I agree that listening to them or reading their quotes is annoying. I guess that is my point.:confused:
Maybe that's why as a former sph path. I ,too, think there's something off with Casey's language. Thanks! I hadn't thought of that.

okay...but she used amy's car the whole time she was gone, i thought... does that mean she was pretending to not have her own car even before amy left?

right, but in that case, she would have only used it that one time. i thought she used it the whole time amy was gone.

okay, so was amy only in PR from the 27-30th? i doubt casey would have called amy in PR and asked her if she could use her car, but i don't know. i thought it was more like 'hey, i'll be gone x amount of days, you don't have a car, use mine'.

also...i thought AH came back from PR on the 16th...

with you totally on your opinion of that part of the interview. completely with you.

also, i tried to find that post that referenced 'leonard's window' and i still can't. i'll keep looking.

thanks, friends. and don't be shy to set me straight, i just want to make sure i'm not missing something here. something's not right, and if i talk it it out i can usually find where i'm wrong...
AH was away from July 8th-15th. It's been asked many times how she got around the 26/27th of June till the beginning of July. I have yet to see the answer. She may have borrowed others' cars...including AH's and TL's from time to time. Can't say.

I would like help finding the information about the pink carseat in the silver 4 door ford focus. I've searched and searched, read and read and I find Brittany getting a text from Casey about the silver 4 door ford focus. No carseat though.

I do recall a while back on Kio threads it was talked about and there it was a pink carseat cover. I thought that odd because it was a 2008 Focus, but figured somebody could be anal about their new car.

I would very much like help finding where this information is linked to. Thanks kindly if you can help me!

I apologize if anyone else said anything already, but has anyone gone to the local libraries and asked about Casey checking out books?? (or maybe even there reading about certain things, or asking for certain books) I know she doesnt seem the type to go to the Library, but I think Miss Casey wears many hats, and she very well may have to keep the searches on her computer down (the chloroform may have been a huge slip up, if she was thinking they might not be able to trace chloroform in the trunk so long after it was there)
I know this is a lame question in the context of things, I just think Casey is very sneaky and could have gone this route to do some research without it being completely known.

I apologize if anyone else said anything already, but has anyone gone to the local libraries and asked about Casey checking out books?? (or maybe even there reading about certain things, or asking for certain books) I know she doesnt seem the type to go to the Library, but I think Miss Casey wears many hats, and she very well may have to keep the searches on her computer down (the chloroform may have been a huge slip up, if she was thinking they might not be able to trace chloroform in the trunk so long after it was there)
I know this is a lame question in the context of things, I just think Casey is very sneaky and could have gone this route to do some research without it being completely known.

This isn't a lame question at all, very good thinking! It doesn't take a genius to use a library card, read some books, or use a public computer to search things that you don't want traced back to you. I had never even thought of this.:clap:

This is actually a good thought. Libraries are free and we all know that KC didn't have lots of money so it's plausable. Although, IF the chloroform search information is a fact she probably searched for a lot more than just that. She also needed to kill(no pun intended) a lot of time while she *cough* worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain