Crime scene photos #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I focus on this, the more it looks to me, like a gentleman from the days of "Gunsmoke", where he has on a vest, a jacket over it that goes down to his knees (kind of like the duck tail tuxedos), and is either posing with his hand in front of him, or else it's his shirt peeking out from underneath the vest. He's wearing glasses, and has his hair parted to the side.

Exactly - that is what I see...one of those "old timey" photos. Could be a current one made to look old, or actually an old one. It doesn't seem to be superimposed on the crime scene photo because it is partially covered by the book. If super-imposed during exposure or something - it would also be on top of the book - and I don't see that. I am not saying it is related to Caylee or the Anthony's, because it could just be random trash.

And FloridaKatz - I give you 100% credit! I was not claiming to have spotted it myself...just commenting on what it looked like to me. You have a good eye, because I didn't see it originally.

Lili--That looks like a photo of caylee with the "bunny ears" on. Remember there was one of Caylee and Casey together--looking in a mirror, I think? It looks like Caylee is reaching up and touching the bunny ears.

I have no idea what it is you all see there. Must be my poor, old eyes.

quoting Jane in Oz from the first crime scene photos thread on Thursday night:

"Whilst searching for pics of this book, I came upon another site talking about the same thing and someone said there is a PHOTO just above the top edge of the book
They have a photo to it enlarged - not sure if I can post it ?"

Can you say what site you saw this mentioned on. I'd like to see what others are saying about it. I still can't see the man.

Try this. I took the original crime scene photo and cropped it, zoomed in, and turned it sideways. It is still very difficult to make out details, but perhaps from that angle you can see what we are talking about. It looks like a man standing in a pose. You can see his hand fairly well.

10hoeub.jpg

Edit> Sorry it came out so big...I am new to TinyPic!

I think that this is the spot where the bag was and this is after the bag has been removed. It is exactly the way that TM described what the ground looked like under the bag. It looks like a shallow depression and the foliage around it has been turned dark brown/black by the bag. JMHO

I think you are right and it appears the bag became "lodged" in those bushes.

I don't think she was left here with any type of ceremony at all. The scene reads to me as if things were discarded as fast and furiously as someone could. This was someone who was not thinking far ahead. As if she just wanted to have the trunk emptied of her stuff so that she could face as few questions as possible at home.

*snipped*
I totally agree. I don't see Casey performing any ceremony or leaving any type of token or memorial behind. Considering how close to the road Caylee was dumped, Casey couldn't wait to be rid of "the obstacle" in her trunk. She was on the road to freedom and good times ahead. She flippin' didn't care about Caylee.

Not trying to step on anyone's toes but shortly after the crime scene photos were released last night the Orlando Sentinal reported ......

"Was Caylee's book found at crime scene"...???

They had side by side photos for comparison

There was a poster who started a thread here at WS last night with a link to the story - Don't know what happened to it

Anyway...Just giving credit where credit is due

This was all discussed night before last. (Thursday night) We were still discussing it at 3:00 in the morning. Florida Katz saw the picture immediately and when questioned about the book yesterday, I posted what even the media was saying.

WS found the bag, the book and the photo long before ANY media got it. I tend to think they are reading here, because a few hours later they were reporting and showing the book.

I've been looking at that picture with the book/photo for a couple of days now. I can totally see a photo. To me, it looks like a man wearing a beret with an emblem on it (military) or possibly a backwards baseball cap and possibly sunglasses (it also looks like there's a bandana on underneath if it's a baseball cap or the man is bald). It also looks like a woman's arm around the waist and the woman (or a child) looking up at the man. You can also make out a collar on the shirt. At first, I thought that the book was just a book, but now in comparing it to pics of the actual book Caylee was reading in that video you can see the samiliarities. UGH, this whole thing is giving me a headache. I still don't see a skull. I see things that might be but when you compare leaves and such, the size just doesn't match up.

Can I get credit for spotting the photo of the man ? :crazy::crazy: I noticed it yesterday when we were discussing the book. Turbo gets the credit for the book.

Actually we were discussing it on here LONG before the media. Thursday night in the wee hours of the morning these were being discussed.

Looking at the pics again and it looks like a man wearing USMC dress blues. Who is in the Marine Corps that's connected with this? Isn't California guy in the Marines?

In terms of the books, I noticed several by this author seem to have been first published in 1985 - wasn't Casey born in 1986? So these could have been her baby books that Cindy kept all this time. I'm sure she would know which ones she had, if any could be missing PLUS I notice when looking at this book online, to purchase, the one Caylee was seen with in the video, the cover illustration now looks different. I would venture to say these were Casey's old books.

This is the exact same conclusion I came to about the doll in the 'Caylee in the carseat' photo. On Dec 2, I posted that it suddenly occured to me that the doll in the carseat photo is actually Casey's childhood doll due to its year of manufacture. Here is the post titled "Caylee's doll ~ or is it?"
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3010629&postcount=363

Even though Caylee had many new toys, I bet more than a few of Caylee's toys and books were actually Casey's childhood toys.

What I would like to know, out of curiousity, is if the mama doll's clothing was found at the scene (since the doll was apparently found in the Pontiac unclothed).

suzet

My 3 y/o has the exact same 'mama' doll. I bought it new. She's had it about 2 1/2 years.

Looking at the pics again and it looks like a man wearing USMC dress blues. Who is in the Marine Corps that's connected with this? Isn't California guy in the Marines?

I see what you mean TxMama...it could be a military photo instead. I see what you mention as a beret. There are clearly leaves and debris on the "photo"...so it makes it hard to see alot of details. But I can satisfy myself that it is a man standing and posing for a photograph.

Let me go try to find the doll amongst the gaggle of babydolls. bbiab

No tag on doll. I can tell you that it was an very inexpensive doll. I think I bought it at Walmart (it's a 'generic' doll, not a Madame Alexander or any sort of brand name). It has a pink & white stripped one piece outfit. Soft body, plastic/latex head/feet/hands. I'd take a pic of it & post it but my camera isn't working. My daughter loves that cheap little doll. I think that particular doll is why I've paid so much attention to this case. My daughter is about the same age and has that same doll and it familiarized the whole thing to me.

The scene in the car and scene in the woods, close to home, leads one to believe we are dealing with a disorganized crime scene. Typically, this means there was not much forethought and planning with this crime. Their crimes and victims remains are close to home. This type of scene is not typical with the true sociopath. Before I take a hit with this statement, I want to say that she displays those tendencies but she doesn't fit the entire profile.

The true sociopaths will undoubtedly have planned and hid the body in a more secure place or far away from the scene of the crime.

I come from the old school,and I guess by reading most of the analyses, the criteria must be different nowadays for the diagnosis. I have not done any reading on the subject or looked at the new DSM. There may be the possibility that they have broadened their criteria.

We looked at psychopaths differently from sociopaths.

Ya have your organized and your unorganized. Neither are even in the DSM anymore it's all jammed together under ASPD now.

I've been looking at that picture with the book/photo for a couple of days now. I can totally see a photo. To me, it looks like a man wearing a beret with an emblem on it (military) or possibly a backwards baseball cap and possibly sunglasses (it also looks like there's a bandana on underneath if it's a baseball cap or the man is bald). It also looks like a woman's arm around the waist and the woman (or a child) looking up at the man. You can also make out a collar on the shirt. At first, I thought that the book was just a book, but now in comparing it to pics of the actual book Caylee was reading in that video you can see the samiliarities. UGH, this whole thing is giving me a headache. I still don't see a skull. I see things that might be but when you compare leaves and such, the size just doesn't match up.

Thanks Txmama. I've been going crosseyed looking for a man today and it just now clicked. I see what everyone is seeing. What you see as the mans eyes, I'm seeing as the shadow in the child's neck area. That's why I couldn't see him. To me though the child lying sideways on a bed with another person in the pic is much more detailed and visable than the man.

Thank you for the help,
we used to have a very strong criteria which started in youth. It would encompass harming or killing animals, truancy, fire-setting, etc. That was the main reason that was stopping me from including her. I thought she was a good student and she seemed to have many friends.You have been a big help.

I agree with you that she does not meet the criteria going back into childhood.

A is the first person's head.
B are her knees.
C is the bed pillows or back of couch.
D is the second person's head.
E is her right arm on the bed but stretched toward the first person.

photo.jpg

Does anyone else see what I see?

i can make out what you believe you are seeing but according to your ABCDE explanation, the subject would either lack shoulders or a neck. the "head" is just too close to the arms IMO.

i see the "shot" horizontal as opposed to vertical - and i think i see 3 people... the person in the middle is sitting (chair/wheelchair) and there is one person on each side of this person and they are possibly kneeling/crouched on the floor. the person on the left looks like her/his arms are either partially outstretched or resting on something like an armrest or tabletop. what you call "B"/knees, i see as the third person in the picture - the one to the right of the person sitting. b/c this person seems to be situated somewhat lower than the person in the middle, i cannot decide if person 3 is a child or an adult.

i sure hope LE tells us what this picture is of soon LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member