GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does he know it was an hour run if he didn't see her leave or speak with her? Or was that a mdeia assumption?

It is weird, about him declaiming any knowledge of where shoe was found. But either way, I don't think this will have a happy ending. LE said there is some evidence on the shoe...blood? I wonder what else it could be...:(

How does he know it was an hour run if he didn't see her leave or speak with her? Or was that a mdeia assumption?

It is weird, about him declaiming any knowledge of where shoe was found. But either way, I don't think this will have a happy ending. LE said there is some evidence on the shoe...blood? I wonder what else it could be...:(

This is totally O/T, but I love your profile pic....soo cute :)

I keep thinking it has to be blood on the shoe because I can't figure what else it could be that would seem like evidence...

stion for anyone familiar with truck gps systems. I found the following quote which I have edited " ?? commands a platoon of 110 garbage trucks, so when a caller complained after seeing one of the blue and white trash tanks speeding down (anywhere USA), ?? didn’t know which driver to blame. Until he checked his computer. With a few taps on the keyboard, ?? zeroed in on the driver of one particular front-loader — which, the screen showed, had been on that very road at 7:22 a.m., doing 51 miles per hour in a zone restricted to 35. Gotcha." Is it possible to contact the trucking companies that operate in the area and find the trucks in the area of Sidney, MT on that date and near that time??

Maybe sleeping in to her was 6:15.

So she goes on a run and is supposed to take kids to a sporting event and needs to leave at a certain time.

Based on the time she would have had to leave and the time she was not at the house (when Gary returned 6:30) he figured the most she would be gone was an hour.

Somewhat related: My husband jogs 45-60 minutes on his runs. So I'd be able to estimate when he should return ...

Not sure I recall his exact words, but he said something like: usually she took a 1/2 hour run, sometimes one hour, and when she was gone longer than an hour he got worried. So it isn't a media assumption, anyway.

The part about him declaiming any knowledge of where the shoe was found really was weird. Especially because he actually did know approximately where it was found,so why didn't he just say, "well it was found near X street, but other than that I don't know any details". That would seem to flow more normally. It really seemed like he wanted to deflect any possible blame off of himself. He's not dumb, he knows that the spouse or significant other is the first one they suspect.

It is not confirmed that the children saw her before she left for her run. But, she was due to take them to a sporting event when she got back. They were waiting for her and when she was overdue and didn't show to head to the game they knew something was very wrong.

Will try to find mainstream media reference to this. I don't know whether Boilly is considered an official resource.

Gary's reluctance (if you want to call it that) to talk about the shoe could be because LE asked him not to.

They did not show the shoe IMO because of what is on it. IMO they are analyzing -- if blood then determine whether it is Sherry's or another person.

If something else (oil, sticky residue, whatever) then maybe they can narrow down where it would have come from.

It wasn't something she jogged in (IMO) because then it would have been on the bottom of the shoe. Assuming the sole they showed was the actual sole to her shoe and not just a sample of what her sole looks like.

After four days with no answers, authorities said they are considering scaling back their search for a Montana math teacher who left her home for a pre-dawn run and never returned.

FBI agent Deborah Bertrand said late Tuesday that tips were starting to come into an automated hotline set up for the case, but would not offer any details. The number is 406-433-4027.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...e14-5e96-be6c-1940f0da579d.html#ixzz1j6yH7Zp5

if a vehicle hit her, could she have been thrown into the ditch (with enough force that her shoe comes off)? how far is the ditch from the road? when I think ditch, I think right beside the shoulder of the road but someone upthread said it was a drainage ditch or something and not right beside the road?

in one scenario, the driver panics (speeding, DUI, suspended/no license, illegal immigrant, person wanted on warrants, truck driver way over his log limit) and puts her in the vehicle ... (this is the theory I think is most likely) It was dark out and it doesn't sound like she was wearing any reflective clothing or stripes (that we know of yet)

or in an abduction scenario, the driver bumps her just enough to stun her, grabs her, she struggles, thereby dislodging the shoe either intentionally or not - dragging her foot through gravel or against the side of a car will loosen it IMO

when a body is hit by a several-tonne vehicle, shoes come off, regardless of how snug the fit or how tightly tied - it happens frequently IMO

brake marks/tire tread marks or scraped off paint could be valuable evidence here if they are able to isolate any (maybe the vehicle went off into the ditch or hit a traffic sign ...)

A 5:30am walk on a Sat morning?

Pitch black, ungawdly hour.

Thus, no witnesses saw her leave her house, assuming she left by 6:30am and assuming the 2 teens were still asleep.

I don't know. That sounds very...hmmmm.... I just don't know what to think about that.

Article about business that burned in Sidney mentioned by Boilly. From the Sidney newspaper (Sidney Herald).

Link to article

And saw this article in the Herald too.

Sidney Police Chief Frank DiFonzo stressed Tuesday morning that authorities aren’t leaning toward an abduction case regarding the search for Sherry Arnold.

“It could be an abduction or it could be she got hurt and disoriented and wandered off,” DiFonzo said. “I’m not saying it’s one or the other.”

http://www.sidneyherald.com/articles/2012/01/10/news/breaking_news/doc4f0c81ec6f4f7117363552.txt

my take: these are outside enthusiasts with outside-enthusiast habits; mister nurse and I are exactly the same: we snow shoe, hike, bike, cross country ski, do triathlons, etc... we do not necessarily tell each other when we go.. we just know that we do.. and especially on winter break (they both worked for the school system) you get up, go out, and "get er done".. as me and mister nurse call it.

I do not own a taser... I do not own pepper spray.. I put on my stuff and I go out and run. I go out when I get up.. and I get up early at times to do it...

I do not find this strange at all with this athletic family.

It is very well that he knows what is missing from her athletic clothes without having last seen her..

I would know what was missing from Mister Nurse's gear just because 1) I know what he likes to wear in certain temperatures, know what drawers he leaves half open etc and 2) know what he wears in certain seasons...
oh... and I wash it LOL

If she is anything like me (I am an avid runner) I wear my same hoodie and stuff in certain weather.. I don't know.. I just would not put much stock into the hinky meter here in this case of apparel... jmhoo..

I truly think she met up with something very bad and wrong on the truck road she was running on... just a feeling I have...

:two cents:

A 5:30am walk on a Sat morning?

Pitch black, ungawdly hour.

Thus, no witnesses saw her leave her house, assuming she left by 6:30am and assuming the 2 teens were still asleep.

I don't know. That sounds very...hmmmm.... I just don't know what to think about that.

Earlier today, I responded to a post about being "on the fence" and said that I hadn't formed an opinion yet. This afternoon, I read about an interview with Sherry's dad and thought that it was strange that her father was talking about searching for his daughter and not her husband. After hearing the phone interview with Gary Arnold on Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell this evening, I'm starting to fall off the fence :( GA made some strange comments that have me wondering now what his involvement in her disappearance might be. jmo

Article about business that burned in Sidney mentioned by Boilly. From the Sidney newspaper (Sidney Herald).

Link to article

And saw this article in the Herald too.

Sidney Police Chief Frank DiFonzo stressed Tuesday morning that authorities aren’t leaning toward an abduction case regarding the search for Sherry Arnold.

“It could be an abduction or it could be she got hurt and disoriented and wandered off,” DiFonzo said. “I’m not saying it’s one or the other.”

http://www.sidneyherald.com/articles/2012/01/10/news/breaking_news/doc4f0c81ec6f4f7117363552.txt

Hurt and disoriented implies a head injury. I feel like they would have found her by now if that were the case. So odd...

nursebeeme: Why are your posts showing up in duplicate? :waitasec:

I'm nowhere near a fence even at this point, let alone falling off of one in either direction.

I know we like to think we are 'sleuthers' but in reality we are not inside this or any investigation on any of these missing person cases, and until more information is released (and confirmed by someone in an official capacity so it's not just a rumor) we can't do much more than guess and speculate.

Speculation is always rampant and oftentimes there is more misinformation than valid information. I was especially struck by this upon listening to Jeff Ashton on websleuths's radio in his interview and he more or less pointed out how people on forums think they have inside info when all they are really doing is speculating and creating rumors based on partial info and assumptions. He mentioned this a few times and I understood exactly what he was saying. We are following along and really know nothing that isn't published in the media and to pretend otherwise doesn't really align with reality.

I don't know what to think about the husband going out for a 5:30am walk...that might be something typical/normal for him. All I know is his not being at home when she allegedly left removes eyewitnesses who saw Sherry at home and then leave from her home for her run. It also puts in some question what time she actually left. If she left to go on a run, that is.

At least this husband is talking and is not hiding out. That gives him an automatic 50 points for good behavior at this point. I am not saying that he is not responsible for this - just look at the Cotta case - however, I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now. He did sound a bit hinky, but I would too if I was on a national TV show. I would be scared out of my wits.

Hurt and disoriented implies a head injury. I feel like they would have found her by now if that were the case. So odd...

I agree...why hasn't she been found? It is not a heavily wooded area full of growth is it? And I am guessing that it is indeed blood on her shoe, if they are talking "injury."

I hope it can be determined if the blood was "placed" on the shoe or came there by dripping, etc...(IF it is blood, of course.)

I wonder if LE has searched the Arnolds' home?
It's interesting that they aren't leaning toward an abduction at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth