TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully they were checked in and ID's were checked and written down. With that many people, likely they are handed a sheet that tells them what to be on the lookout (BOLO) for and sent on their way. Little guidance or training sadly. This would be why they had to find people via chopper and what not.

Newsreports at 5 out of Memphis are that these searchers are signed-in.Who knows how many are out there that haven't been?
JMO

I think of all the little stuff, like if she was hit and it was on the face or cut on the arm, did they find any blood on the duct tape or the lunch box? Because we know there was blood, logic says it was her's in order to get her to go with him. So wouldn't you put your hand up to your nose or mouth if hit and it would be on your hand or face or clothing? So we are to surmise he hit her hard enough to not knock her out, but enough to draw blood that is on the lawn or floor of a car port. But she didn't drop anything in her hands but simply never screamed out in pain or made a sound, just went with him. I guess it is possible, but I think there would be blood on that duct tape, unless he took the time as they were walking through the woods to let her clean up. I know we don't know if there was blood on the lunch box but the duct tape was reported to have blond hair, no one mentioned blood.

It was all planned, I agree on that. I just can't imagine someone attempting to grab her & then NOT drop everything. Because she'd be fighting a stranger with all her might. Unless he used a taser to stun her...then I have no idea how long it would take for her to start snapping out of a taser!

I carry a stun baton.
It will knock any animal (including human) down before they can make a noise.
Takes a few minutes to recover, but would explain why the perp's arm is said to have been around Holly and why her brother thought she was walking with a boyfriend.
She would have been able to walk, but only with assistance.
JMO

Thanks sarx. Would volunteers be assigned a specific plot of land to search? And besides the ID check and registering, there probably is very little accountability, right? I mean I could do a really poor or haphazard job searching and yet it would be assumed the area I was assigned to search had been cleared after I was done? If so, that must be frustrating to experts such as yourself. Please know I mean no disrespect to the hundreds of volunteers in this case. They are a demonstration of compassion and sacrifice that is so valuable in itself. It just seems it would be difficult to maintain a high degree of confidence that the search is as thorough and accurate as needed. But again, my hat is off to ALL who have given their time to to it.
Hopefully, yes they are being assigned specific areas, but with that many people they are either really really organized to be getting them checked in and divided up or it's not happening. Yes, very little accountability and no POD's coming in (probability of detection is done by %) so no idea how well an area has been searched. Now, if they are using them for line searches, different story, and an excellent use for mass amounts of people. I can give a 10 minute crash course on line searching and be comfortable with the results.

Newsreports at 5 out of Memphis are that these searchers are signed-in.Who knows how many are out there that haven't been?
JMO

One of the reports I read talked about the hundreds of searchers who were just joining in the field.....

What I was wondering earlier is if LE knew the perp. had already moved on from the volunteer search areas, and the volunteers were assigned to find evidence that the perp. left behind.

Did they saw the man had his arm around her, or was touching her? I can't see any scenario that would include her walking willingly into the woods, i.e. to help someone, that would involve her having to touch or be so close to the abductor.

I'm still not getting how LE determined after the fact that she was being led away, in fear for her life. Is this simply an assumption because she has not been found and there was a little blood? Or were there signs of a scuffle on the ground?

Hopefully they were checked in and ID's were checked and written down. With that many people, likely they are handed a sheet that tells them what to be on the lookout (BOLO) for and sent on their way. Little guidance or training sadly. This would be why they had to find people via chopper and what not.

I have never been on a search but i remember from the kyron hormon case you had to be certified to search.

I am wondering why he uses duct tape after the fact? If she is at her home, outside the house with her brother in it, I would think he would want her quiet from the get go, do you think she had duct tape over her mouth at that point? But how do we explain the neighbor hearing her scream but not the brother? If she was duct taped after he took her from the home, why, he risked her crying out at the house. So these are things for me that don't add up. But anything is possible, I will say that.

But like I said earlier, Carlie Brucia was led by the arm by the perp. in that case, around that car wash in FL. I think she was in a state of shock and fear. And who knows what else.

Hopefully, yes they are being assigned specific areas, but with that many people they are either really really organized to be getting them checked in and divided up or it's not happening. Yes, very little accountability and no POD's coming in (probability of detection is done by %) so no idea how well an area has been searched. Now, if they are using them for line searches, different story, and an excellent use for mass amounts of people. I can give a 10 minute crash course on line searching and be comfortable with the results.
Don't remember now where I saw it, but did see a picture of searchers lined up in orderly fashion getting ready for a grid search. Also there is a trooper from highway patrol in charge of the searches. That is as I understand it anyway.

I carry a stun baton.
It will knock any animal (including human) down before they can make a noise.
Takes a few minutes to recover, but would explain why the perp's arm is said to have been around Holly and why her brother thought she was walking with a boyfriend.
She would have been able to walk, but only with assistance.
JMO

That makes total sense I never thought of that one!!!
Thanks Snow!

As someone who is taught (especially someone new and I think that's why this case caught my attention) to be a first responder, you head into a situation with a bit of apprehension and a whole lot more concern for an individuals well being. If it were someone that she recognized or was slightly familiar with, and a plot laid out in front of her ("my friend is hurt in the woods, can you help me bring him back to your house"), she could easily walk in with her backpack/books and check things out. I have been on the scene of many accidents, including a successful abduction of a child, where I held close all of the things I had in hand. I am not sure why.. maybe it was to hold close what was familiar or because I knew there was a sense of something just not being "right".

I am wondering why he uses duct tape after the fact? If she is at her home, outside the house with her brother in it, I would think he would want her quiet from the get go, do you think she had duct tape over her mouth at that point? But how do we explain the neighbor hearing her scream but not the brother? If she was duct taped after he took her from the home, why, he risked her crying out at the house. So these are things for me that don't add up. But anything is possible, I will say that.

I'll go find my question, but I think he could have slapped a piece of duct-tape over her mouth when he intially got her under control. Cause I think the brother only saw her from the back.

If there is any link with the perp in the HS incident, she said he held on to her arm so tight, it left hand prints on her arm. (source: HS on FB)

I don't think she knew him, at least not well. She have seen him around or may have talked to him in passing somewhere, but I don't think she knew him. I think he had a weapon and threatened her. My theory is he told her if she screamed, he would kill her and her brother too. (if he was watching the house, he knew the brother was there.)
Not sure about the blood, he may have poked her superficially to show he meant business.
She may have held onto her lunch bag, books, etc.. as a shield or just to have something between him and her.

So if this is the case, he ducted taped her then and there, after the hit and blood, where is the blood on the duct tape? I may be way off base here, but something isn't right, clues and things are being left out for LE and if this is so well planned out, why so sloppy now?

But like I said earlier, Carlie Brucia was led by the arm by the perp. in that case, around that car wash in FL. I think she was in a state of shock and fear. And who knows what else.

Carlie was also only 11 yrs old..

Carlie was also only 11 yrs old..

And with Carly, in the video he pulls out a object that resembles a badge, as if he is security and says something to her and she goes with him. She was on private property in the car wash parking lot. Some think he told her he was a cop and she was trespassing and got her to get into the car.

So if this is the case, he ducted taped her then and there, after the hit and blood, where is the blood on the duct tape? I may be way off base here, but something isn't right, clues and things are being left out for LE and if this is so well planned out, why so sloppy now?

I think he duct taped her after the first scream maybe it obstructed her nose and she couldnt breathe when the perp noticed she was going unconscious and he rips the tape off. JUst a thought.

Or through rubbing her face against something or manipulating her facial muscles she may have been able to loosen the duct tape. So he tears it off and adheres another piece to her at the roadway? Just thinking, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend