Jason Young to get new trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG. I didn't think about bail. Yes, he was out before and during his last trial. Oh no. Mama put up bond for her baby boy before. Surely if she can, she will this time.

If you ask me, he's a flight risk.

And if he does get out, which he probably will, I hope to god he doesn't get to see
CY!! That poor child.

Crazy, isn't it? At this time both Young and Cooper have had their convictions overturned and are back to square 1. What a day in North Carolina this has to be,:facepalm:

So how was this used as evidence against him? Shouldn't that be evidence the murderer was possibly female?

I think this was included so that the jury would make an emotional decision and not a logical one.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

I think it should have been evidence the child possibly witnessed the brutal murder of her mom and should have been interviewed by a trained investigator.

I agree the prosecution played on emotions rather than evidence. The same thing happened in the Cooper case.

Trial #1 testimony resulted in jury deadlocked so I'm not sure of your point. He could always testify again. In fact, he should, imo.

Yes, indeed he should.

Was this the one where she said Mommy got a spanking for biting?
Because I just remembered that JY didn't have any marks on him.

Yes, but it was also explained that CY might have received a spanking for biting and just associated biting as a reason for her mommy getting a "spanking". That sounds believable, but still doesn't prove JY was there.

Yes, indeed he should.

I'm sending him a birthday card, I'll ask if he plans on testifying. I think he should as well. Him not testifying was part of the jury's reason for their verdict.

Could someone link to his testimony and link to the second trial where the prosecution went over his testimony?
Edit: I remember watching it, and it seemed like they were nit picking his story. i.e. he said he was doing work on his laptop, while he was actually updating his fantasy football.

Yes, but it was also explained that CY might have received a spanking for biting and just associated biting as a reason for her mommy getting a "spanking". That sounds believable, but still doesn't prove JY was there.

Yes, I remember now and she never said that it was Daddy hitting Mommy, right?

Yes, I remember now and she never said that it was Daddy hitting Mommy, right?

Yep. I'm still curious about the sex of the attacker doll. I thought I read it was female.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm sending him a birthday card, I'll ask if he plans on testifying. I think he should as well. Him not testifying was part of the jury's reason for their verdict.

Could someone link to his testimony and link to the second trial where the prosecution went over his testimony?
Edit: I remember watching it, and it seemed like they were nit picking his story. i.e. he said he was doing work on his laptop, while he was actually updating his fantasy football.

Sorry, I don't have his testimony. I think the second jury was influenced by social media and prejudged him before the trial started. They were just looking for an excuse to defend their verdict. I'd like to see him testify.

BBM

:floorlaugh:

Yep. I'm still curious about the sex of the attacker doll. I thought I read it was female.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The daycare had no male dolls. The dolls CY picked up-one had long dark hair, the "mommy" doll and the other doll had short blonde hair, like daddy!

I agree, and I think JY is guilty as h3ll! I don't see how anyone watching the trial could think otherwise, but we are all free to have our own opinions!

:moo:

You're right, LaLaw. And I am thankful for being able to hear & speak all kinds of opinions.

My opinion is in large part based on facts that came out in the trials -- both trials. Facts which were not erased in the second trial.

To wit:

• He didn't want to be married.

• He didn't want another child.

• He didn't want to pay child support.

• He had slept with other women during his marriage.

• His wife was running circles around him professionally. In fact, he was failing in each successive job.

• They had money problems.

• Michelle had a nice insurance policy on her life -- for which he knew not to file a claim...

• Nothing was stolen from the house.

• The house did not appear to be ransacked.

• There was no evidence of a break-in.

• Michelle's handbag was sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor -- nothing seemed to be missing.

• J. Young called Kim on a ruse the next day so that she would go to the Young house to get a print-out -- so that she would find his little daughter. Young even had his mother call her with the same story. His mother had never called Kim before.

• His shirt & shoes & pants shown in the motel video near midnight were never found -- they were not left in his motel room; they were not what he was wearing when he reached Kim's house in Fuquay-Varina; they were not in the luggage in the car which was seized by LE when he reached F-V.

• He was identified by Gracie in the gas station/quick pick place at a time when he said he was asleep in the motel room.

• The camera in the stairwell was tampered with twice that night.

• The exit door in the stairwell was jammed open with a rock from outside the room.

• He said he had breakfast in the motel, but he was not seen on the camera in that breakfast room during the time he said he was there.

• He was late for his meeting that he had scheduled the day after the murder.

• The bloody shoe prints in the bedroom -- yes, two sizes -- one was his size.

• "Daddy is spanking Mommy for biting."

• "Daddy did it," is easy to hear (more than once) on the full 911 call Kim placed when she found her sister dead in the master bedroom. ETA: Please Note: This was not entered into evidence in the trial. Please forgive the error.
There's more, but I don't have the time.

Sorry, I don't have his testimony. I think the second jury was influenced by social media and prejudged him before the trial started. They were just looking for an excuse to defend their verdict. I'd like to see him testify.

I read somewhere else that their opinion is the jurors read this forum.

Also, the foreman said like 5 of them were convinced he was guilty from the beginning of the trial.

You're right, LaLaw. And I am thankful for being able to hear & speak all kinds of opinions.

My opinion is in large part based on facts that came out in the trials -- both trials. Facts which were not erased in the second trial.

To wit:

• He didn't want to be married.

• He didn't want another child.

• He didn't want to pay child support.

• He had slept with other women during his marriage.

• His wife was running circles around him professionally. In fact, he was failing in each successive job.

• They had money problems.

• Michelle had a nice insurance policy on her life -- for which he knew not to file a claim...

• Nothing was stolen from the house.

• The house did not appear to be ransacked.

• There was no evidence of a break-in.

• Michelle's handbag was sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor -- nothing seemed to be missing.

• J. Young called Kim on a ruse the next day so that she would go to the Young house to get a print-out -- so that she would find his little daughter. Young even had his mother call her with the same story. His mother had never called Kim before.

• His shirt & shoes & pants shown in the motel video near midnight were never found -- they were not left in his motel room; they were not what he was wearing when he reached Kim's house in Fuquay-Varina; they were not in the luggage in the car which was seized by LE when he reached F-V.

• He was identified by Gracie in the gas station/quick pick place at a time when he said he was asleep in the motel room.

• The camera in the stairwell was tampered with twice that night.

• The exit door in the stairwell was jammed open with a rock from outside the room.

• He said he had breakfast in the motel, but he was not seen on the camera in that breakfast room during the time he said he was there.

• He was late for his meeting that he had scheduled the day after the murder.

• The bloody shoe prints in the bedroom -- yes, two sizes -- one was his size.

• "Daddy is spanking Mommy for biting."

• "Daddy did it," is easy to hear (more than once) on the full 911 call Kim placed when she found her sister dead in the master bedroom.
There's more, but I don't have the time.

CY never once said "daddy did it".

The brain damaged gas station attendant only identified him after being shown his picture. They didn't show her a photo array or a series of photos, they only showed her JY's

Can Young use the Alford Plea, like Abaroa, and be sentenced to 99 months minus time served?

I read somewhere else that their opinion is the jurors read this forum.

Also, the foreman said like 5 of them were convinced he was guilty from the beginning of the trial.

Reading or discussing the case during a trial is supposed to be forbidden. I took the rules seriously when I was on a jury a few years ago. It wasn't all that hard.

Hopefully, next time around citizens are selected who understand and respect their civic duty.

Reading or discussing the case during a trial is supposed to be forbidden. I took the rules seriously when I was on a jury a few years ago. It wasn't all that hard.

Hopefully, next time around citizens are selected who understand and respect their civic duty.

It was one of the things a juror said, it echoed a comment off this forum. This was just the opinion of a comment left on a blog. The jury was investigated for misconduct, but nothing came of the investigation.

Can Young use the Alford Plea, like Abaroa, and be sentenced to 99 months minus time served?

I dunno. I think there is a strong possibility Young is innocent. Abaroa, uh, not so much.

It was one of the things a juror said, it echoed a comment off this forum. This was just the opinion of a comment left on a blog. The jury was investigated for misconduct, but nothing came of the investigation.

What was the comment about? I'm curious.

I would imagine he can, but doubt he will.

Why not? He's facing a life time in jail, and rolling the dice might result in another conviction. Time served is probably close to 8.25 years, so the Alford Plea would guarantee that he will be free soon. Wouldn't that be the best option under the circumstances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks