DE DE - Mabel Chambers, 30-40, Wilmington, Jan 1952

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
Note: I think that the date of 01 Jan may be a default date? I'm not sure. But the year is 1952.

Mabel went by a few names: May Jones, May Simms, May Chambers.

Mabel's Charley Project page:

I don't find entries for Mabel in other missing persons databases but I may have missed them.

Mabel's NamUs profile:

Dental: not available
DNA: sample submitted tests not complete
Fingerprints: not available.

case report:
Married to Ted Chambers who worked at Three Little Bakers

I can't find any other information for Mabel. No archived articles found at this time.

Come home soon. ( picture from Charley project link embedded above).

Attachments

• chambers_mabel.jpg
    chambers_mabel.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.missingin.org/reg5798/mabel_may_chambers.htm

Last known alive: January 01, 1952

Circumstances: Married to Ted Chambers who worked at Three Little Bakers
First Name: Mabel May
Middle Name: May
Last Name: Chambers

Details
Age When Last Known Alive: 30
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 64.0
Weight: 130.0

State: Delaware
County: New Castle

Appearance
Hair: Brown
Head Hair: light brown, dirty blond
Eye: Hazel

Clothing and Accessories

Transportation

More pictures at this link also....
Creole

This is someone looking for Mabel Chambers who knew of her aliases but was under the impression that she was alive in the 1960s-1980s and living in Delaware:

http://www.pa-roots.org/data/read.php?994,407468

Chambers,Jones, Simms
February 20, 2002 09:09PM Registered: 8 years ago
Hello -
I am attempting to find my grandmother, Mabel May Chambers, nee Jones, who lived in Wilmington, Delaware from the 1960s through the 1980s. She worked at "The Three Little Bakers" - at some point. She may have also used the names Mabel May Jones or Mabel May Simms.
Any information would be most appreciated. Thank you!

The different names/aliases do confuse things. Probably someone not wanting to be found

Maybe, but could be the result of different relationships with men. Her maiden name was Jones, her married name was Chambers, and if she was married to someone else before Chambers, that account for her use of Simms.

Ok...so if she was indeed married twice, perhaps the first husband was jealous of the second? We know there must have been at least one child, if someone posted asking about their grandmother. Perhaps a custodial issue?

What kind of stuck out for me is that her age is listed as 30-40. That seems like a pretty big range IMO. Who initially reported Mabel as missing, that they wouldn't know more specifically?

This is someone looking for Mabel Chambers who knew of her aliases but was under the impression that she was alive in the 1960s-1980s and living in Delaware:

Chambers,Jones, Simms

Chambers,Jones, Simms
February 20, 2002 09:09PM Registered: 8 years ago
Hello -
I am attempting to find my grandmother, Mabel May Chambers, nee Jones, who lived in Wilmington, Delaware from the 1960s through the 1980s. She worked at "The Three Little Bakers" - at some point. She may have also used the names Mabel May Jones or Mabel May Simms.
Any information would be most appreciated. Thank you!

I am a little confused.. so she was last seen in 1952 and was las heard of living from the 1960s to 1980s in Delaware? or was that when she was last seen?

I see a marriage record for Mabel and her husband Ted in West Virginia in 1946. I see a 1940 census record for a Mabel M Jones who was about 16 in the county next to where they got married which would have made her roughly 28 to 30 at the time of her disappearance.

I am a little confused.. so she was last seen in 1952 and was las heard of living from the 1960s to 1980s in Delaware? or was that when she was last seen?
Let's just say that I'm a neighbour or an acquaintance, not close enough to know everything or anything really. She disappears at some point but there is a cover up like "she's visiting relatives" for example. Life goes on, things happen but few years ago I'm realizing that she was never seen again so I notify police that she's missing, telling as little as I know. But she never came back there officially so no update here.
Maybe she run/left and moved to Delaware, lived there not knowing that she's missing for years, and really went missing much later?

Is the fact that Mabel had at least 3 aliases indicate that she may have lived a couple of different lifestyles you think? Or could there have been a legitimate reason for the aliasess? Just trying to learn. Thanks, Dena
Probably not. If Chambers was her husbands surname then either Jones or Simms was her maiden name.
And either Simms or Jones may be from first husband (if she was married twice then).
Or from her mother's second husband, if mother remarried when she was still a child.
Could be also that third supposed alias of "Mabel May" was how the woman who some people believed to be her and lived in Delaware in 60-80s was called.
Those don't really sound like aliases to me. Probably Mabel was her official first name but she went by May, like many women did.
IMO she either got murdered by someone around the time when she was last seen by her family and the rest was a tell tale, or she ended up forced or chosing to start somewhat new life and lived it
unaware that someone is interested in conntacting her.

Mabel Jones was her maiden name from Ancestry census records. I think this is her first marriage

Name:May Jones
Spouse's Name:Ray Simms
Spouse Gender:Male
Marriage Date:1937
Marriage Place:Nicholas, West Virginia, United States

• mabel_may_chambers_1.jpg
    mabel_may_chambers_2.jpg
  • mabel_may_chambers_3.jpg
    mabel_may_chambers_4.jpg
Chambers, circa 1952

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: