FLDS men "disappeared"

mollymalone

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/5817593.html
With the custody battle concluded for now, the focus has shifted to building criminal cases against male members suspected of having underage brides — if they can be found.

Two weeks ago at their children's custody hearings, a number of mothers, including a wife of YFZ leader Merrill Jessop, testified that their spouses had disappeared, leaving no forwarding information.

A source close to the investigation said authorities believe many of the men who were at the ranch at the time of the raid have gone underground. "The vast majority have been moved," said the source, who could not be quoted by name because he is not authorized to speak publicly.

From that same link: "It's not clear if all the men who once lived on the ranch submitted to DNA testing, despite a court order to do so. State authorities don't know the number or the identities of the men who lived on the ranch at the time of the raid. They simply have DNA samples from 33 male sect members who showed up in Eldorado last month to provide cheek swabs and three men who did so outside of Texas."

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2008/06/04/20080604polyretreat04-on.html
Doran said he has not seen Merrill Jessop, the presumed leader of the YFZ Ranch, since he saw him during the raid. "My understanding is he's out of state," Doran said. "That apparently is what he has told some people. I think there's been a rotation of the leadership at the ranch. We're not seeing the faces out there that we're used to seeing."

http://www.590klbj.com/News/Story.aspx?ID=9269
Doran is up for re-election this fall. He continues to defend his involvement in the children initial removal and is pressing for criminal charges to filed on some of the churches members. This week over 3-hundred FLDS members have signed up for voter registration cards with the county clerk in Schleicher county.

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700231682,00.html
Deseret News: The FLDS have requested 300 voter cards. You're up for re-election. How do you think that's going to factor into it?

Doran: I don't think it will be a big role in our local politics. Now, different scenarios could play out if they decide to run one of theirs as a write-in.
The community has always stood behind me during my last 12 years in office ... so I've always done well. After this operation, the citizens still stand behind me. The community during this operation, and there was a time for need, we called for that help the community came out in droves and brought love, volunteerism, monetary donations, shelter. The whole community came out and supported law enforcement and supported the women and children out here. If nothing else, this has drawn the community closer.

A lot will depend on how the criminal charges proceed. If a number of FLDS members are convicted of criminal offenses prior to the election, they won't be able to vote. In Texas, a convicted felon regains the right to vote only after completing his or her sentence. That means any term of incarceration, parole, or supervision, or period of probation ordered by the court.

Of course, I wouldn't put it past their attorneys to file motions of continuance and delay the trials. :rolleyes:

LOL, don't you have to be a resident for so long before you are eligible to vote? How are they going to show they have been residents?

If they do make arrests, they won't have time to work their way through the legal system to trial before the elections. But he doesn't have to have the convictions, all he has to have is the criminal charges and arrests. That will show voters he did have reason and he is doing his job.

Yes, and they also must prove they are 18 to register to vote. How do they do that if they have had no birth certificates for generations? The voting in Colorado City and Hildale needs to be looked into. I suspect massive voter fraud, which could bring Federal charges.

These men are such lowlifes. They are just like every other criminal; complete and total cowards at heart. They are not man enough to even meet a woman on their own; they've got to be told to marry their own daughters. What a bunch of sick losers. I wish the kids could get away.

Don't they also have to have a gov't issued ID, such as a driver's license or passport?

Thanks for all the links mollymalone!

All the Flds men are good for is making babies. Lets not forget they can't afford to support them. Many are on welfare....kids go hungry. Everything about the hipocrites is a lie.

I doubt the women are traumatized...... allowing the boys to be taken away at night, dumped out in the desert, would be traumatized. Yet they let it happen, no remose & no regret. They gladly give there young daughters to old men for whatever kind of a life he deems fit. Before they are old enough to have a clue what life is about..... The religon is sick!

Them women showed no emotions when they were on TV when kids were first taken away. They're just gearing up for a massive lawsuit on Texas.

Thanks for all the links mollymalone!

All the Flds men are good for is making babies. Lets not forget they can't afford to support them. Many are on welfare....kids go hungry. Everything about the hipocrites is a lie.

I doubt the women are traumatized...... allowing the boys to be taken away at night, dumped out in the desert, would be traumatized. Yet they let it happen, no remose & no regret. They gladly give there young daughters to old men for whatever kind of a life he deems fit. Before they are old enough to have a clue what life is about..... The religon is sick!

Them women showed no emotions when they were on TV when kids were first taken away. They're just gearing up for a massive lawsuit on Texas.
Is this a religion? Or is it just a bunch of nasty old men trying to rape young girls?

Oh wait...perhaps that's what all 'religions' are about. The men write the rules for the men to screw so many virgin girls. And then the men go to heaven while the women just get *advertiser censored***d by the nasty old men. Hmmmmm...what is wrong with this picture?

My question: Why does any woman believe that any man knows more of god than she does? Women create life. Men lie if they claim to speak for god. Men telling women to be silent in childbirth! These women need to grow a brain and a spine and scream at these pencil-dick loser child-molestor men to STFU!

Is this a religion? Or is it just a bunch of nasty old men trying to rape young girls?

Oh wait...perhaps that's what all 'religions' are about. The men write the rules for the men to screw so many virgin girls. And then the men go to heaven while the women just get *advertiser censored***d by the nasty old men. Hmmmmm...what is wrong with this picture?

My question: Why does any woman believe that any man knows more of god than she does? Women create life. Men lie if they claim to speak for god. Men telling women to be silent in childbirth! These women need to grow a brain and a spine and scream at these pencil-dick loser child-molestor men to STFU!

WOW, someone else is awake and reading too, lol!
This isnt a religion of course, its a cult. Plain and simple. The men in this cult have taken a kernel of the Mormon church and expolited it for their own gain/glory/satisfaction--power, sex, etc.
But as for the women, I do have some sympathy for them, they are born into this cult and have basically NO ties with the outside world, and grow up thinking this the way to heaven. I wish it were so easy for them to "grow a brain". It's so complicated on so many levels for ANYONE to leave this cult, much less a women with children, no job skills, no resources---and the fear of retaliation.
Just my opinion and all. I'm not trying to defend ANY part of this cult--and I am not a big fan of organized religion of any type.

http://www.590klbj.com/News/Story.aspx?ID=9269
Doran is up for re-election this fall. He continues to defend his involvement in the children initial removal and is pressing for criminal charges to filed on some of the churches members. This week over 3-hundred FLDS members have signed up for voter registration cards with the county clerk in Schleicher county.

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700231682,00.html
Deseret News: The FLDS have requested 300 voter cards.

Where did 300 come from? Are some already registered voters? I didn't think there were 300 adults living at the compound.

The residency requirement for voting in Texas is only 30 days. The FLDS could easily move enough members into the community in time to vote to unseat the sheriff, and I'm betting they will do just that. They could live at the compound, then leave after the election.

Just found this and had to laugh and cry at the same time.

It's kind of off topic, but the age difference fits right in with the FLDS men. T.R. Knight (Grey's Anatomy) is 35, has a 19 year old boyfriend.

You know, Texans are known for our friendliness, but I would bet that if the FLDS tried to pull another sneaky trick like rigging an election, they wouldn't have any of their fellow county citizens welcoming them into their place of businesses. It might get a little hard to buy necessities. That county doesn't have that many towns in which to find grocery stores, etc. They can grow or kill much of what they eat on the compound, but there are still some items they have to purchase. If they're considering doing that, they'd better look further ahead than temporary payback. Texas isn't going to overlook any actions taken by the FLDS and will be monitoring them under a microscope. They may THINK they can take over a small town, but the larger populace will be watching THEM and slapping their wrist with a 2X4 if they take one step out of line.

You know, Texans are known for our friendliness, but I would bet that if the FLDS tried to pull another sneaky trick like rigging an election, they wouldn't have any of their fellow county citizens welcoming them into their place of businesses. It might get a little hard to buy necessities. That county doesn't have that many towns in which to find grocery stores, etc. They can grow or kill much of what they eat on the compound, but there are still some items they have to purchase. If they're considering doing that, they'd better look further ahead than temporary payback. Texas isn't going to overlook any actions taken by the FLDS and will be monitoring them under a microscope. They may THINK they can take over a small town, but the larger populace will be watching THEM and slapping their wrist with a 2X4 if they take one step out of line.
That wouldn't stop them, they do a lot of their shopping in San Angelo anyway and there are plenty of other larger towns they could drive to, even if they are some distance away.

Texans are known for their friendliness and compassion but rigging an election by the flds brings in others from out of state to vote in local elections would definitely be an unfriendly action and viewed as voter fraud.

Where did 300 come from? Are some already registered voters? I didn't think there were 300 adults living at the compound.

The residency requirement for voting in Texas is only 30 days. The FLDS could easily move enough members into the community in time to vote to unseat the sheriff, and I'm betting they will do just that. They could live at the compound, then leave after the election.
That's the number of cards that were requested per the clerk of court.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morbidlittlemind
Back