OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if one of the children did have a electricity project.

Now I'm wondering if someone there knew Kyron had a particular interest in electricity. Maybe not though. A child could be lured by telling them that there was an electricity project that did something 'cool'. Like flipping a switch and something happens. Kids love things that are interactive, where they can 'do something' and it has an effect they can see.

I am not taking anything as fact that is not reported by LE and that includes a day's recap from an 8-year old. Sorry, that is just my opinion. So to me, we have not learned anything new in many, many days.

Thanks for that. It's been quite a few years since my son was in school. I didn't realize that sort of thing was done these days. I'm old :)

O/T Our archdiocese hosts a "Theology on Tap" session for 20-somethings. They meet at pubs and drink beer while they talk about religion. For real.

That's what I'm thinking. Someone could have leaned over to him while he was walking by in the small group (not that I'm positive he ever was in one of the small groups) and lured him to this "cool" exhibit in a utility closet or something.

Or down in the basement, or saying it was in a room near a door :(

Actually I'm surprised more people aren't talking. You can't keep people quiet for too long when a little child is missing and nothing is being reported by LE.

Apparently other people care enough about this investigation and Kyron to want to follow the instructions of LE and the flippin' FBI. How damn bold do you have to be to go against what child abduction experts from the FBI tell you not to do????

**snipped by me**
We haven't even been able to look beneath the surface of this case, but already I've plotted out a great mystery novel.

First we have a stepmother, never a good sign.

I know this was posted as opinion only....but I am rather appalled and frankly insulted from this post. I have been a stepmother for almost 18 yrs, 10 of which I have been a custodial stepmother for two boys. There have been dozens of warnings in the multiple threads on this matter for throwing family members under the bus and/or assuming some semblance of guilt on their parts. And Kyron's stepmother seems to bearing the brunt of the majority of this. Comments that she left him at school, comments that she didn't come back for the talent show, comments that she was on facebook, comments that she went to the gym, blah, blah, blah. ENOUGH ALREADY!

Unless you've ever been a stepparent, don't even begin to throw stones.

"And she was like 'oh no where's Kyron there's only five' and Mrs. Porter was like it's okay calm down, calm down he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water and she said alright I'm going to leave and she left, " says Tanner Pumala.

I think the sub left - she said "alright" in response to teacher saying he probably left to go to br or get drink - and then left.

Yes, ITA,it would have been the sub who left.

I noticed that LE's "no comments" were most prevelent when they got questions about the sightings and sequence of events that morning at the school. It's strange originally, it was LE who mentioned that they had a witness who saw Kyron at around 9:00 by the door of his classroom.They declined to identify this witness. So,now they are basically saying "no comment" on their own statement ? I think that the whole genesis of the crime happened near the classroom,around 9:00. And someone saw something important.

Personally, I find that pic of the child in the VW to be haunting. It really does resemble Kyron...

what exactly?

that he's a former detective that was asked by media about the standard behavior procedure on FB and exercise during homicides and kidnappings and stuff? JMO

You're my hero :)

what exactly?

that he's a former detective that was asked by media about the standard behavior procedure on FB and exercise during homicides and kidnappings and stuff? JMO

That he has 20 years under his belt of observations and experience.

pdx just indicated that he may be a go to resource, which puts him along the lines of Mike (what is his last name?) from CNN perhaps.

I think everyone here is concerned for the safe return of Kyron.

If this is an open discussion though, we all have the right to look at evidence and make comments about it.

Parents getting into a car ignoring questions about their missing son is not normal -- I'm sorry. People can say what they want about the police telling them to be quiet and live their lives like normal. Doing it is another matter though.

In my experience seeing cases like this, it's hard to "fake emotion" when you already know the outcome.

BBM

What is normal when your child is missing? I don't think any of us can answer that.

IMO there is no such thing as a right way (normal way) or wrong way (abnormal way) to act when your world has been turned upside down.

I've seen cases (one in perticular) where every action of a parent was nit picked and torn to shreds. The things that were said were downright hateful. That parent had nothing to do with her child's abduction/murder.

IMO the members of the family are victims until LE tells us otherwise. We've only seen them like one time. And that was like 2 minutes walking to a car, getting in, and leaving. So they didn't stop to talk to reporters. Maybe they just didn't feel like it.
LE/FBI are handling the case. The parents aren't.

T is Kyron's deskmate in their combined second-third grade classroom.

It wasn't until the bus ride home from school, says Pumala that he noticed Kyron was not on the bus.
http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...itute-noticed-him/TVY3YTREG0SyCP3tb3MkZg.cspx

I am going to take what this boy said with caution. He is just a child and there are discrepancies. If he sat beside Kyron he would have noticed him missing in class, not just on the bus,

Just catching up today; there's something else weird for y'alls attention... The Oregonian has not run ONE letter to the editor on this topic.
This is beyond strange for this community and this paper. I don't believe no one has written in. I believe the paper is holding back letters. Why? They have printed several on much less pressing topics, over the past 5 days.

Thumbs up on this.. if you're talking about CW Jensen, he's a media *advertiser censored* who has made his second career on TV. When I saw him being interviewed, my first thought was: he has no more information than the rest of us.

YES the case is unusual.

Pressing Thank YOU (for a local perspective on media) is not enough.

Actually, that's the vibe I got from Jensen, exactly. One rarely finds a professional detective yapping and providing colorful commentary on irrelevancies like that about victim families.

Good question on paper holding back questions. Possible answer - news is cooperating with LE's requests. In return they get access to actual info, news and/or LE leaks when they are available.

Reminder we are a victim friendly forum. At this point the entire family would be considered victims. Please don't play word games with me.
When we say victim friendly we mean all those that are immediately victimized but what appears to be terrible crime. This includes the family that are missing a 7 year old child for the love of God.

You are free to discuss your opinions on statements made, possible doubts you may have or questions raised by the information or lack thereof.

But if you start throwing around careless accusations against the family or sleuthing out their personal information you will be given a no expense paid vacation.

If the situation changes and if the investigation by LE points back to the family then these rules will change. We roll with the news and as more infomration is revealed and as LE gives us information we adjust.

As I have said, imagine this is your child and people are looking at YOU.

Moreover, stereotyping some of these players is postively embarrassing to the forum. KNOCK IT OFF

is Kyron's deskmate in their combined second-third grade classroom.

It wasn't until the bus ride home from school, says Pumala that he noticed Kyron was not on the bus.
http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...itute-noticed-him/TVY3YTREG0SyCP3tb3MkZg.cspx

I am going to take what this boy said with caution. He is just a child and there are discrepancies. If he sat beside Kyron he would have noticed him missing in class, not just on the bus,

Hi, Ruby. What discrepancies are you seeing? And what makes you think the child didn't notice Kyron missing in class?

I think the FBI needs to publish a one size fits all handbook for parents of missing children. That way parents will know what they are and aren't supposed to do and what is the "normal" way to act. To be honest, until I found WS, I never realized that there were so many rights and wrongs when it came to a missing or murdered person. I'll admit that I was probably living in my little world and although I heard about cases on the news, I didn't dissect them like I do now. I would imagine that there are many, many people who are living in their "little worlds"

BBM

What is normal when your child is missing? I don't think any of us can answer that.

IMO there is no such thing as a right way (normal way) or wrong way (abnormal way) to act when your world has been turned upside down.

I've seen cases (one in perticular) where every action of a parent was nit picked and torn to shreds. The things that were said were downright hateful. That parent had nothing to do with her child's abduction/murder.

IMO the members of the family are victims until LE tells us otherwise. We've only seen them like one time. And that was like 2 minutes walking to a car, getting in, and leaving. So they didn't stop to talk to reporters. Maybe they just didn't feel like it.
LE/FBI are handling the case. The parents aren't.

BBM

I agree, we can't really know what we would do in such a situation.

You know, there is NO WAY any of my children would be in front of a camera or have their names published or spoken if a classmate was missing. Especially if anyone from LE asked me to keep quiet. But then again, I am a an overprotective privacy hog when it comes to my children.

Did I miss an floor plan of the school? If anyone know if we have a floor plan can some one point me to it. TIA

Reminder we are a victim friendly forum. At this point the entire family would be considered victims. Please don't play word games with me.
When we say victim friendly we mean all those that are immediately victimized but what appears to be terrible crime. This includes the family that are missing a 7 year old child for the love of God.

You are free to discuss your opinions on statements made, possible doubts you may have or questions raised by the information or lack thereof.

But if you start throwing around careless accusations against the family or sleuthing out their personal information you will be given a no expense paid vacation.

If the situation changes and if the investigation by LE points back to the family then these rules will change. We roll with the news and as more infomration is revealed and as LE gives us information we adjust.

As I have said, imagine this is your child and people are looking at YOU.

Moreover, stereotyping some of these players is postively embarrassing to the forum. KNOCK IT OFF
like to hear myself talk so here I am again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member