Huntington Contacted on Dec. 11/Will TH Ever Testify Again **Merged**

Will Dr. Tim Huntington ever testify in another trial

• YES, he did great

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • NO, JA tore his credibility apart on the stand today and he won't put himself through that again!

Votes: 110 38.2%
  • I don't know, but JA was picking on poor Dr. Huntington

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Yes, even though he didn't do so great

Votes: 95 33.0%
  • Probably

Votes: 53 18.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 12 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Walk in IL

Reaction score
Just how significant is this information that Huntington was contacted as an expert witness before Caylee's remains were found?

I think it is very significant. We may not ever get to see the video of KC finding out that Caylee was found...but I think that the fact that he was contacted then speaks volumes, since the remains were not identified until days later and GA supposedly dumped Caylee somewhere else and RK supposedly put her there.

At first thought, it might seem significant - except for the fact that he is also testifying about the flies in the trunk of the car, which was recovered in July.

This is incredibly important stuff. Huntington stated that if someone was decomposing in that truck, you'd have to remove the entire trunk liner to eliminate the physical evidence of decomposition. No stains, no large enough quantities of insects or their remains in the car or the trunk. Either Caylee was not there, or she was, and afterwards, a near impossible cleaning of the trunk and car would have to begin... and Casey didn't have said car at said time.

She could not have pulled this off on her own. The only question are who and how many others are involved. JMO

Just how significant is this information that Huntington was contacted as an expert witness before Caylee's remains were found?

He wasn't called before they were FOUND, he was called before they were IDENTIFIED....

They didn't call him the first time it was being reported that the remains may have been found in another location. Within minutes of the media reported remains had been found on Suburban Drive he was called...days before the body was positively identified. How did they know the first report was a false one but the 2nd was accurate?

This is incredibly important stuff. Huntington stated that if someone was decomposing in that truck, you'd have to remove the entire trunk liner to eliminate the physical evidence of decomposition. No stains, no large enough quantities of insects or their remains in the car or the trunk. Either Caylee was not there, or she was, and afterwards, a near impossible cleaning of the trunk and car would have to begin... and Casey didn't have said car at said time.

She could not have pulled this off on her own. The only question are who and how many others are involved. JMO

Whenever I see casey in court rubbing her hands I think of the scene from Macbeth where Lady Macbeth was trying to get blood off herself:

'Yet here's a spot.... Out, damned spot! out, I say!.... Here's the smell of the blood still: all the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand.'

IMO, casey had nothing but time on her hands to clean her trunk to the best of her ability. Hours and hours of time to work on it. She could do everything within her power, but the smell persisted.

Whenever I see casey in court rubbing her hands I think of the scene from Macbeth where Lady Macbeth was trying to get blood off herself:

'Yet here's a spot.... Out, damned spot! out, I say!.... Here's the smell of the blood still: all the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand.'

IMO, casey had nothing but time on her hands to clean her trunk to the best of her ability. Hours and hours of time to work on it. She could do everything within her power, but the smell persisted.

RIGHT - which is exactly why she;

1. Left the garbage bag from TL's apartment in it
2. Made up a stroy about hitting a squirel
3. Put a dryer sheet in it
4. Ditched it at Amscot , near a garbage bin that restaurants used

ITA...someone cleaned that car out rather well. There is just no way that there can be that many people testifying the smell of decomp coming from that car and there not be a body there. It doesn't add up.

Sorry - I think it is grammar getting in the way but are you saying there was NO stain and not enough bugs in the trunk to have been a dead body in the trunk?

Has it been verified that the liner found in the Sunfire was the original liner that came with the car?

Sorry - I think it is grammar getting in the way but are you saying there was NO stain and not enough bugs in the trunk to have been a dead body in the trunk?

Referencing Dr Huntington's testimony regarding decomposition stains, there were no "comparable" decomposition stains in the trunk, and tests done by the State say they found none... only one hair of "questionable origin".

There were small identified stains, but nothing significant in the trunk. From the photos shown and my own practical experience, it suggests to me that if decomposition reached the level in the trunk the State suggests, there would be a very large amount of evidence to support the finding... and that evidence does not exist.

The main thing I took away from Huntington's testimony , is that the maggots flee the decomposing body and hide in tight, confined spaces... such as under the trunk liner... and there were none there.

That leaves me two potential conclusions to draw. a) Caylee didn't decompose in the trunk or b) Casey had a lot of help, and therefore there are a lot of suspects that still have to answer some questions.

He wasn't called before they were FOUND, he was called before they were IDENTIFIED....

They didn't call him the first time it was being reported that the remains may have been found in another location. Within minutes of the media reported remains had been found on Suburban Drive he was called...days before the body was positively identified. How did they know the first report was a false one but the 2nd was accurate?

Because the remains were found a block from the Anthony residence. What are the odds it was the remains of another two year old?

This is being discussed on HLN right now. TH said he was called a pre-emptive strike.

Referencing Dr Huntington's testimony regarding decomposition stains, there were no "comparable" decomposition stains in the trunk, and tests done by the State say they found none... only one hair of "questionable origin".

There were small identified stains, but nothing significant in the trunk. From the photos shown and my own practical experience, it suggests to me that if decomposition reached the level in the trunk the State suggests, there would be a very large amount of evidence to support the finding... and that evidence does not exist.

The main thing I took away from Huntington's testimony , is that the maggots flee the decomposing body and hide in tight, confined spaces... such as under the trunk liner... and there were none there.

That leaves me two potential conclusions to draw. a) Caylee didn't decompose in the trunk or b) Casey had a lot of help, and therefore there are a lot of suspects that still have to answer some questions.

Although I want to disagree with you immediately because of my theories for the past couple of years, I have to admit that you have some very logical arguments here. More for me to ponder!

BBM . . . that assumes the body was in the trunk not wrapped in a blanket, not in a bag inside a bag inside a bag.

i personally believe, moo, that the blanket, 2 garbage bags, and laundry bag did a fairly adequate job of containing liquids that would stain. i feel that what small stain was there either a) happened in one day while she was wrapped in a blanket and hadn't decomposed substantially but occurred before she was triple bagged (in this scenario we would use the 4ish window that she was killed and then wrapped in a blanket and sat overnight while the weather was still relatively cool - then triple bagged the next day around the same time frame soo 24 hours only before the liquids really got going and were still being absorbed by the blanket) or b) a small amount seeped out when the bagged contents dripped or spilled during removal to the final location.

Your post made me think of something. Was it ever said what happened to all those rolls of paper towels that KC was buying at Target? She bought a huge package of them, which is odd for someone who was essentially homeless at that point. Of course a few probably ended up being the ones with the adipocere on them but where did the rest go? Did Tony ever say that she left them at his house?

Right now I'm thinking that either she bought them to use for cleaning the trunk, or she used a bunch of Cindy's paper towel rolls for the same purpose and had to replace them. Either way, there was some cleaning going on. She didn't just give up on her car and dump it when the smell became noticeable, without trying to somehow salvage it, IMO.

Your post made me think of something. Was it ever said what happened to all those rolls of paper towels that KC was buying at Target? She bought a huge package of them, which is odd for someone who was essentially homeless at that point. Of course a few probably ended up being the ones with the adipocere on them but where did the rest go? Did Tony ever say that she left them at his house?

Right now I'm thinking that either she bought them to use for cleaning the trunk, or she used a bunch of Cindy's paper towel rolls for the same purpose and had to replace them. Either way, there was some cleaning going on. She didn't just give up on her car and dump it when the smell became noticeable, without trying to somehow salvage it, IMO.

totally agree with this, i think there was bug spray, vacuuming, shampooing, febrezing, paper towelling, dryer sheeting and when all that STILL failed, there was throwing poor innocent squirrels *literally* under the car (bus) and then dumping the car near a dumpster. but guess what, 2 years later, the smell was still there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back