GUILTY MI - Mariha Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

If she was asleep, drunk or not she may have not heard an intrudor who likely entered her home between 3:30am and 7am.

For everyone who wishes to bash this mother, would you all bash Marc Klaas in the same manner for not waking up when a predator entered his home and abducted his daughter? Really. Because I see no difference when a predator enters a home while a parent is asleep during normal sleeping hours. Based on the timeline this child was safe and home at 3:30am and dead by 7:50 am. Would it have made a difference if the mother woke at 6am to find her child missing? Probably not.

JMO

Stating facts is not bashing a mother. She told LE she was drunk and passed out.
She had small children to care for. Things happen during the night that you have to be able to handle.

Being passed out with no adult available for your children is not parenting.

And Marc Klaas was not so drunk he passed out was he???
Did Marc Klass have an infant to take care of too??
And did the intruder crawl over Marc's head to get Polly???

Not the same thing.

As I stated above, bad things happen to good people.

This bad thing happened to a mother who chose getting drunk over the welfare of her children.

Amen. Thank you for a post that looks at life realistically. People aren't perfect, never have been, never will be.

But not providing basic needs to your children because you are passed out drunk is not ok. Never has been, never will be.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110726/NEWS01/107260418/1001/news

Konesha Smith said she believes someone kidnapped her daughter.

But she said she couldn't remember anything because when the disappearance of 5-year-old Mariha Trenice Smith was discovered early Sunday, Konesha Smith was drunk and passed out on the couch after a party at the home she shared with her sister in the 3800 block of Burlingame.

***These are the mother's words!
It's not like I'm making this up. I wish I was.

Stating facts is not bashing a mother. She told LE she was drunk and passed out.
She had small children to care for. Things happen during the night that you have to be able to handle.

Being passed out with no adult available for your children is not parenting.

And Marc Klaas was not so drunk he passed out was he???
Did Marc Klass have an infant to take care of too??
And did the intruder crawl over Marc's head to get Polly???

Not the same thing.

As I stated above, bad things happen to good people.

This bad thing happened to a mother who chose getting drunk over the welfare of her children.

No, he was not drunk. My point being drunk or not it is possible for an intruder to abduct a child from within their home without waking a parent.

Where has it been proven the intruder crawled over this mothers head to get Mariha? IT HASN'T. Those were words LE used while 'interrogated' her. No one knows how this child was removed from the home. The predater could have carried her asleep out the door.

This mother passed a poly, just like Marc.

This child may have been abducted from this home without an adult being awoken regardless of whether she was drunk or not.

That's why parents have to do everything they can to PROTECT their children.

I know children of great parents are kidnapped.

IMO this is not the case. This mother put her children at risk of countless things happening to them because they had no adult watching over them.

What if one of them choked while she was passed out?
What if one fell and busted their head while she was passed out?

Can't parent drunk.
Not possible.

Yes mom got drunk in her own home at a party with family, the children were not left alone while she " got drunk and passed out", there were IIRC 2 or 3 other adults in the home.

Mom didn't break any laws or neglect or abuse her children this weekend, a horrific thing happened, unfortunately it occurred in her own home, the only place in the whole world you should be safe.

While I totally understand and agree with what you have said, I don't agree that this is the case here.

No, he was not drunk. My point being drunk or not it is possible for an intruder to abduct a child from within their home without waking a parent.

Where has it been proven the intruder crawled over this mothers head to get Mariha? IT HASN'T. Those were words LE used while 'interrogated' her. No one knows how this child was removed from the home. The predater could have carried her asleep out the door.

This mother passed a poly, just like Marc.

This child may have been abducted from this home without an adult being awoken regardless of whether she was drunk or not.

She passed a poly yep.
She can't REMEMBER anything.

I bet she can't.

I will never give a parent a free pass for neglect.
Drinking til you pass out with 3 small children in your care is neglect.

I just can't seem to find where the storyline, Timeline is because in every video the story keeps changing,

Like this one the Aunt says she put the Mariha to sleep in the Dinning room...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/28654852/index.html

Well, the mom said living room.

But she has already admitted that she can't remember anything, because she was passed out drunk.

She also said she "thinks" her daughter was kidnapped.

Yes mom got drunk in her own home at a party with family, the children were not left alone while she " got drunk and passed out", there were IIRC 2 or 3 other adults in the home.

Mom didn't break any laws or neglect or abuse her children this weekend, a horrific thing happened, unfortunately it occurred in her own home, the only place in the whole world you should be safe.

While I totally understand and agree with what you have said, I don't agree that this is the case here.

I agree.... and I don't think it is weird at all that the little girl didn't sleep in her bed.

They were not left alone. They were with drunk adults.

Is there a difference? Really???

So you think it's ok to get drunk in your own home and not provide protection, food, etc for your children. One of them is 6 months old!

When you open your home to an adult party with children there, you kinda throw the "it should be safe" out the window.

Because you open your children up to all sorts of things.

We don't know other adults in the home were drunk.

Just because someone was drinking does not mean they were drunk.

We don't know other adults in the home were drunk.

Just because someone was drinking does not mean they were drunk.

The Aunt says she left the house at 3:30 am after she put Mariha on the dinning room floor.

So, I am under the impression that Mariha's mother was the only one adult there...

The thought of it being ok to have a party, drink til you pass out, not care for your 3 small children... baffles me.

When you are drunk, you do not make wise decisions. Why is it ok to expose children to this?

The mother said "I think my daughter was kidnapped". She has NO CLUE what happened that night. She does not remember anything.

That's ok??

Those kids were exposed to all party goers that were in that house that night.

The Aunt says she left the house at 3:30 am after she put Mariha on the dinning room floor.

So, I am under the impression that Mariha's mother was the only one adult there...

I hadn't seen that, could you post a link please? TIA

I need to go dig for what the mother "originally" said.

It is different from what the aunt said.

But there was heavy drinking, so who knows. :crazy:

I hadn't seen that, could you post a link please? TIA

Here is CN2Souls post regarding that:

I just can't seem to find where the storyline, Timeline is because in every video the story keeps changing,

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/28662031/index.htmlhttp://www.clickondetroit.com/video/28654852/index.html

ETA: Then she also states she left at 3:30am!!!!! WHAT!!!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/28662031/index.htmlhttp://www.clickondetroit.com/video/28654852/index.html

ETA: Then she also states she left at 3:30am!!!!! WHAT!!!

I wonder if this is the same aunt that was detained on outstanding warrants?

I wonder if this is the same aunt that said KS was taking pain pills for a broken leg (leg did not look broken to me) and fell asleep real hard??
(this aunt QS also has drug references on her FB page)

A lot of different stories coming out in this case.

According to one of the media articles Mariha's mom and her sister (Mariah's aunt) share a home with their children.

I didn't read where the aunt left at 3:30 am. I wonder if that is the aunt that shares the house with her or a different Aunt. Another MSM article indicated Mariha's mom is one of 12 children so lots of aunts and /or uncles.

also, I don't have working computer speakers so miss any news via video.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back