Brianna Dennison 19yo Reno NV #9

Maybe he went back to school late, maybe he finished a degree that was started years earlier.

I finished my college years in regular time, right after high school and straight through. At that time, there seemed to be only a handful of older students and mostly people my own age. But, in recent years-the last decade or so maybe, I have noticed there being a higher concentration of older adults in school and colleges expanding their continuing education programs. I also think there are more employers who are offering programs where they will outright pay or reimburse their employees to go back to school now. I think it's also more common at larger, public universities than smaller, private schools.

In regards to the recent arrest of the Go-Tran person.

This is very vague but thought I would throw it out there. Not sure if this person is the one, but there are some interesting items.

This person's name (Alvin Go-Tan)shows up for the following engineering class at UNR. Not sure if the same guy but his name is listed on one of the teams.
http://www.cse.unr.edu/~sp2005/

A company by the name of IGT (International Game Technology), I believe sponsors this class at UNR.
IGT coincidentally - put out a theme based slot machine several years ago. One of those being "The Pink Panther".
http://www.commercialalert.org/issues/culture/gambling/nevada-regulators-move-against-cartoon-themed-slot-machines

IGT has a building approx. 200-300 yds from where the body was found.
I believe this is the IGT HQ, and they have a parking lot adjacent to the location of the body.

In regards to the recent arrest of the Go-Tran person.

This is very vague but thought I would throw it out there. Not sure if this person is the one, but there are some interesting items.

This person's name (Alvin Go-Tan)shows up for the following engineering class at UNR. Not sure if the same guy but his name is listed on one of the teams.
http://www.cse.unr.edu/~sp2005/

A company by the name of IGT (International Game Technology), I believe sponsors this class at UNR.
IGT coincidentally - put out a theme based slot machine several years ago. One of those being "The Pink Panther".
http://www.commercialalert.org/issues/culture/gambling/nevada-regulators-move-against-cartoon-themed-slot-machines

IGT has a building approx. 200-300 yds from where the body was found.
I believe this is the IGT HQ, and they have a parking lot adjacent to the location of the body.

Wow. That it very interesting. Very odd, that should def. be looked into.

• PeopleSearch has Go-tan's age as 28. Interesting that there has been no news about him since his arrest. Is he still in custody? Was there an arraignment? What lead police to him? I find it unbelievable that a child was sexually assaulted and it isn't seen as newsworthy. The Reno media and LE haven't been impressive AT ALL in how they are handling sexual crimes since Bri's murder.

• PeopleSearch has Go-tan's age as 28. Interesting that there has been no news about him since his arrest. Is he still in custody? Was there an arraignment? What lead police to him? I find it unbelievable that a child was sexually assaulted and it isn't seen as newsworthy. The Reno media and LE haven't been impressive AT ALL in how they are handling sexual crimes since Bri's murder.

Without going into details, I have provided RPD and "America's Most Wanted" with information pertinent to this case. My gut feeling tells me that Alvin Go-Tan or someone in his circle of friends could be involved with Brianna's disappearance and murder. There are too many "red flags" and coincidences IMHO. With all due respect to RPD, they have not done a good job communicating with the public and keeping us all informed. Even the website which they hyped up a couple of months back has rarely been updated with any news.

Without going into details, I have provided RPD and "America's Most Wanted" with information pertinent to this case. My gut feeling tells me that Alvin Go-Tan or someone in his circle of friends could be involved with Brianna's disappearance and murder. There are too many "red flags" and coincidences IMHO. With all due respect to RPD, they have not done a good job communicating with the public and keeping us all informed. Even the website which they hyped up a couple of months back has rarely been updated with any news.

A poster on another board found the connection between Kellison and Go-tan just a day or so after his name was reported for this sexual assault. From there the other posters found out the info on IGT, Pink Panther and the proximity to the field Bri was left in. I would really hope that if your "average Jo(e)" could come up with that information that LE has been able to dig a little deeper. However, as I mentioned before , RPD hasn't impressed anyone so far with the way they have handled this case and it is often the public who actually solves these crimes. I agree that the coincidences with Go-Tan, Kellison and the other points appear to be red flags of some sort.

Welcome to WS, Elliotness! (By the way, love the nickname!) Looks like you found out some very solid information on that guy. Someone that lived there would be familiar with the layout and it would make sense. I agree this guy needs to be looked at much closer. They should have a DNA sample to be checking at the moment to easily rule him in or out.

Softsoul, I could not agree more about RPD...However, everytime I mention it...the locals start sharpening their spears and getting the fire ready. LOL

Welcome to WS, Elliotness! (By the way, love the nickname!) Looks like you found out some very solid information on that guy. Someone that lived there would be familiar with the layout and it would make sense. I agree this guy needs to be looked at much closer. They should have a DNA sample to be checking at the moment to easily rule him in or out.

Softsoul, I could not agree more about RPD...However, everytime I mention it...the locals start sharpening their spears and getting the fire ready. LOL

Go-tan is of Asian descent and they would be able to tell that from the DNA and should have released that in the suspect description. I believe if there is a link it will be through UNR. Several of the computer science alums seem to work for IGT and other companies located near where Bri's body was found. I tried to find the court records to see if he was arraigned but wasn't able to find it. Locally we are able to get all the court information online...nice public service. I'm absolutely amazed at the lack of media attention to this incident and the one in May. Have they ever said for sure if they are looking for one or two predators? The locals must be used to the silence. I personally don't like it when officials keep the public in the dark, especially about such dangerous people. I understand the need to keep some things quiet but come on!! Feels a little too controlling to me.

It is hard for them to go public when they don't have any information. :)

A tough crowd here tonight :).

They do know why they arrested Go-tan and what they are holding him on IF he is still in custody, which they also know.

True. I don't hold my breath for information on him tho. It is obvious that RPD has the local media wrapped around their finger and since national media attention to Bri's case has waned...no one is reporting it seems.

Maybe someone needs to bring it up to Greta. (hint...hint) It would be great to have Mark F. back in Reno investigating any possible connection to this guy and the location/roomate.

True. I don't hold my breath for information on him tho. It is obvious that RPD has the local media wrapped around their finger and since national media attention to Bri's case has waned...no one is reporting it seems.

Maybe someone needs to bring it up to Greta. (hint...hint) It would be great to have Mark F. back in Reno investigating any possible connection to this guy and the location/roomate.
It's very frustrating for me that the national media reports 24/7 on the latest Britney Spears fender bender and Lindsay Lohan meltdown but not one word about this.

Some people like to read/watch news stories about celebs in trouble and not the cold hard reality of a murdered woman. It is too real. The Paris and Lindsay news of today are fantasy lives of the overprivledged.

I know half my family refuses to even watch the news because they don't want to be subjected to the brutality of the world around them. They say it is a negative in their lives they do not need. Of course, I disagree. You can't stick your head in the sand and expect for the world to change.

Some people like to read/watch news stories about celebs in trouble and not the cold hard reality of a murdered woman. It is too real. The Paris and Lindsay news of today are fantasy lives of the overprivledged.

I know half my family refuses to even watch the news because they don't want to be subjected to the brutality of the world around them. They say it is a negative in their lives they do not need. Of course, I disagree. You can't stick your head in the sand and expect for the world to change.

Great post, SS!

Well, I feel it is my duty and responsibility as a citizen and human being to help out my fellow man and woman. Did anyone see the video last week of the old man who got hit by a car in Connecticut and nobody tried to help him? There were witnesses at the scene of the crime yet not one person did anything to help the man. That is disturbing. Somebody should have helped that man. We should all be looking out for each other.

People did call 911, but did not go out into the street as probably you or I would have done. Sadly, we live in a society where people say it isn't their problem or they don't want to be involved legally for the long haul.

People did call 911, but did not go out into the street as probably you or I would have done. Sadly, we live in a society where people say it isn't their problem or they don't want to be involved legally for the long haul.

The cold hard truth, sadly. It is each person for themselves anymore. The warm fuzzies of the 60's are now looked at as being "liberal", which the right has successfully turned into a negative term. I'm all for personal responsibility but some need to realize that doesn't exclude compassion and caring for someone besides yourself.

Back on topic, is there only one newspaper in Reno? What about the TV news media? How come the public doesn't complain about the lack of information? I saw on the other site that Nevada leads the nation in the murder of women. Maybe people ought to start paying more attention and realize they have a right to know instead of having blind faith in the system.

Blind faith is exactly what the locals seem to have. They have a firm belief that their LE is top notch and should never be questioned. I find it actually troubling that no one is willing to hold them accountable for anything that happens in their town. As far as I know there is one main newspaper and they never seem to go against the grain either.

The cold hard truth, sadly. It is each person for themselves anymore. The warm fuzzies of the 60's are now looked at as being "liberal", which the right has successfully turned into a negative term. I'm all for personal responsibility but some need to realize that doesn't exclude compassion and caring for someone besides yourself.

Back on topic, is there only one newspaper in Reno? What about the TV news media? How come the public doesn't complain about the lack of information? I saw on the other site that Nevada leads the nation in the murder of women. Maybe people ought to start paying more attention and realize they have a right to know instead of having blind faith in the system.
It's ironic that the same people who claim to be "Christians" frequently behave in ways that are most un-Christlike. To me, it isn't about "right and left". It's about "right and wrong." If you see someone who needs help, you call for help and try to assist them.

It has been over a week since this Alvin Go-Tan guy was arrested. Nothing from RPD. Nothing from the news media.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back