NV NV - Pershing Co, 'Valerie Doe' WhtFem 25-50, UP7635, in desert, May'91

Dang, and here I thought I was doing pretty good. OOO well back to the board.

Juile R and Snuf,

So was this ever ruled out? It looks to me like they were looking into the possible match back in 2006, but did they say either way??? I'm confused.

I don't see where they updated the submission. It might be worth following up and seeing what came of it.

That thread linked a Valerie Larkin who is a belly dancer in Dublin. http://www.bellydanceireland.com/ I wonder what came of that train of thought as well.

Juile R and Snuf,

So was this ever ruled out? It looks to me like they were looking into the possible match back in 2006, but did they say either way??? I'm confused.

I know she was submitted already, but I don't know if she has been ruled out for sure. Ms. Larkin's case manager is also Dawn's case manager, I'll email him and ask.

JulieR- you are doing good! It takes time to learn the cases. Who's been ruled out/ possible matches, ect, ect, so keep plugging along!! It's always better to throw a match out there and get some feedback- even if it's been thrown in the ring before, it gets people thinking about the case again- and keep in mind, this is a good possible match! :)

Snuf

It would be nice to get a rule out list on her.

Maz

:cow:

Valerie Larkin has not been ruled out.

Mr. Van Norman said he has been pushing DOJ since 2005 to compare the two, but there is only MtDNA from Ms. Larkin and NucDNA from the victim. He said he has no idea why the DOJ has not done the testing for MtDNA on the victim, and is beyond frustrated with them.

Snuf

Did he say if he is going to push any further to get the MtDNA done? What a shame!

Did he say if he is going to push any further to get the MtDNA done? What a shame!

He has been pushing, and can't seem to get anywhere. They are more focused on getting "newer" cases compared. I'd bet if it was their loved one, it would have been done a long time ago. :(

I believe him completely when he says he's been pushing it. He is a MP/UID advocate. He wrote Everything You Need To Know When Your Loved One Goes Missing He isn't all that fond of the way LE handles MP cases.

He has been pushing, and can't seem to get anywhere. They are more focused on getting "newer" cases compared. I'd bet if it was their loved one, it would have been done a long time ago. :(

I believe him completely when he says he's been pushing it. He is a MP/UID advocate. He wrote Everything You Need To Know When Your Loved One Goes Missing He isn't all that fond of the way LE handles MP cases.

How frustrating. I imagine limited and dried up resources also effect the priorities. And frustrating for him to not be heard.

These situations are always so frustrating because the answer might be right there. I look at the lists and lists of missing and unidentified people, and it's unfortunate and tragic how long it is.

Valerie+Doe+-+engraved+bracelet.jpg

http://canyouidentifyme.blogspot.com/search/label/Nevada

Is there any up dates on this case? The bracelet was unique.

Until DOJ does MtDNA, it's in a holding pattern- at least for Ms. Larkin's comparison. If anyone runs into any other potential matches, put em' up- you never know :)

This thread is for comparison between Valerie Larkin and this Jane doe 387ufnv only. Please, if you have other potential matches either start a new potential match thread between the missing person and the Doe. Or present other possible matches under this Jane Does general discussion thread here:
NV Valerie "Doe" unidentified - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

thanks!

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/larkin_valerie.html I actually think this is pretty close looking at the pictures

I definitely think that's she's worth them looking in to. Everything fits from the name to the height. They can always be a year or two off in death approximation. Also, for the record, it says the JD had size 30 waist pants on, I'm 5'2" and when I was 120 lbs (back in the good ol' days) I wore a size 30 waist for many years. So you can add that to being another thing that matches.

I was also thinking that she was supposed to be traveling from the west coast to the east coast, so it isn't that odd to find her in between if this is the same girl.

I just joined this website not too long ago and have never submitted before. Can you (or anyone) tell me how to go about doing that properly or direct me to a place that explains it :blushing:

Thanks!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr