Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I hope this is the break in the case we all have been praying for sounds promising.

Capp says the case remains active and police are constantly follow new leads, but the tip that came in Tuesday was more substantial than even the tipster was aware.

"We got a call from someone that had met a person that made some unusual statements and gave some information that they thought was unusual and suspicious. They contacted us and with our knowledge of the case, we were actually more interested than that person even realized."

Capp says a task force involving investigators from Myrtle Beach, Georgetown County, Charleston County and the State Law Enforcement Division is assigned to the case, following leads that he says on occasion come in clusters and at other times, follow a long dry spell.

Capp and other investigators met with Brittanee's mother Tuesday, to update her on the status of the investigation.

Dawn Drexel says she is still hoping and praying every day that someone will come forward with information about her daughter's whereabouts.

"We know that the law enforcement and also the CUE Center for Missing Persons is not giving up. Her case has remained active and we're very fortunate for that," Drexel said.

I wonder if someone is finally talking from the Roc group or if this is the Taylor group friends. But sounds like new location is right around MB

My first thought was that someone from the ROC group developed a bit of heart but not holding my breath for that to really happen. Maybe someone just spoke to the wrong person. Crossing my fingers and toes and praying that this tip is THE one. Thanks for finding these latest articles Roc Girl and Wagara. I try to keep a check over here on Brittanee's thread whenever I log onto WS, but sometimes is sure can be disheartening. Just imagine how poor Dawn and her family must feel by now, especially with the 2-year mark fast approaching.

I know that the Drexels are currently in Myrtle Beach for the two year anniversary coming up...giving them lots of support during this really difficult time.

Hoping and praying this tip provides more answers than questions.

If this location ends up being something important, I suppose that whenever Brittanee was abducted (if she was abandoned near the new search area) her abductors left her phone in their vehicle when traveling. What I don't understand is how quick they traveled while still having time to commit a horrid crime in MB.

That is gonna be hard to explain unless there was 2 vehicles one took Britt the other's had her phone and was thrown into the river or something. I would think the phone would have turned up if it had just been thrown out

Good Morning All!

I am happy to learn about the new search. I'm praying for Brittanee, her family, LE and all the searchers. It must be very emotional for them with the 2 year anniversary of her disappearance.

mlatta, keep up the FOIA requests. It seems everytime you do, we see movement in Britt's case!;)

wm

" Police in Myrtle Beach say they got a new tip that may lead them to the missing teen. The tip came in early Tuesday morning."
http://www.whec.com/news/stories/s2073631.shtml?cat=565

The way this is worded gives me hope. I wonder if they are just putting out news in order to draw attention to the case as the two year anniversary approaches. I remember they did this last year at this time when they announced the 3-4 POIs.

Wow I hope this is the break in the case we all have been praying for sounds promising.

Capp says the case remains active and police are constantly follow new leads, but the tip that came in Tuesday was more substantial than even the tipster was aware.

"We got a call from someone that had met a person that made some unusual statements and gave some information that they thought was unusual and suspicious. They contacted us and with our knowledge of the case, we were actually more interested than that person even realized."

Maybe this is wishful thinking, but it sounds like the tipster knew something that had not been released to the public.

MBPD: Nothing of value found during new search for Brittanee Drexel

[snip]

The latest tip came into the Myrtle Beach Police Department Tuesday morning around 2:30 a.m. and is being followed up on as the rest are.

A new search for Drexel began in the Myrtle Beach area Wednesday morning around 7 a.m. involving about 25 people from MBPD, the Georgetown County Sheriff's Office and the CUE Center for Missing Persons.

Knipes said nothing of value was found during Wednesday's search.

More: http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/14476489/mbpd-to-begin-new-search-in-mb-area-for-brittanee-drexel

Wednesday search wraps up for Brittanee Drexel

Days before the two-year annivesary of Brittanee Drexel's disappareance, approximately 25 people spent Wednesday searching for any clues that would lead to solving the case of the missing New York teenager.

Myrtle Beach Police Lieutenant Chuck Capp said the area that was searched was less than 50 acres in Myrtle Beach. The exact location of the search was not released to the public.

Captain David Knipes said searchers set out at 7:00 a.m. and finished searching about 5:00 p.m. He said the search did not produce anything of value to investigators.

More: http://www2.scnow.com/news/grand-st...s-surprise-search-missing-ny-teen-ar-1737455/

Well I am very disappointed that this latest tip and search turned up nothing. I am starting to think it could have something to do with the upcoming anniversary of her disappearance or even the fact MLatta may have submitted another request through the FOIA. Seems something very similar happened the last time MLatta did this (I applaud you MLatta for this and hope and pray something breaks in this case soon). If I ever was missing or had a missing loved one, I'd sure like to have you working in my corner. You are truly an unsung hero with all the work you do for missing and their loved ones.

Sorry I was out of town the last 2 days and just catching up. I think I saw somewhere they searched today also and came up empty. I hate to suggest this but does anyone think that the MBPD is doing this around the 2 year anniversary so that people like Nancy Grace don't say there not doing enough like was implied after the last search?

Rochestergirl,

Sadly, you may be right in your thinking, but I'm still praying that this "tip" does continue to lead LE in a positive direction. I must agree that were anything found in the MB area, it makes the cell phone evidence a bit tricky to explain. If someone would go so far as to drive all the way to Georgetown to dispose of the phone, I would have guessed that they might have simply removed the battery or smashed the phone right there in MB, but then again, maybe I'd never make a great criminal. I love reading everyone's thoughts and you guys always have me considering things that had never occurred to me. PRAYERS to Brittanee and family! Talk radio mentioned the anniversary every morning this week here in Charleston. Regardless of motive, the public attention is important.

NEW STORY ON BRITTANEE DREXEL

Snipped:
Brittanee Drexel, 17, vanished on April 25, 2009, around 8:00 PM. This weekend marks the 2 year anniversary of when she was last seen in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Today, trained search teams from the Cue Center for Missing Persons in Wilmington, N.C., returned to Myrtle Beach, combing new areas in hopes of finding of Brittanee Drexel.

Snipped:
It is a fact that whether you participated directly in any act of violence as it relates to Brittanee Drexel, you each can be charged with obstruction of justice for simply remaining silent and not coming forward. Translation: prison time.

Fact: you have each remained silent because you have possibly been threatened. All it takes is for one of you to break and all of you will be facing prison time.

You do not need to publicly come forward with the information. No one will ever know who placed a call. All one of you needs to do is contact the tip line at the cue center 910-232-1637, your call is confidential and anonymous.

http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/2011/04/brittane-drexel-to-her-friends-in.html

Dawn Drexel on Time's Up Radio Show

This also marks the start of a series of articles and media on this case. Beginning with Dawn Drexel, her mother, who was in studio and on the show "Time's Up" during the second hour, from 3-4 pm today. To listen to the re-broadcast here is the link: http://herewomentalkradio.com/home/archives_details/710

NEW STORY ON BRITTANEE DREXEL

Snipped:

Snipped:

http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/2011/04/brittane-drexel-to-her-friends-in.html

Dawn Drexel on Time's Up Radio Show

I listened to the second hour of this program with Dawn D. It was very, very interesting. If anyone has the time, it is well worth taking the time to listen to this. Some very good points were brought up by the interviewers that I personally had not considered, but made a lot of sense (IMO) and sent my mind wandering in at least a couple of other directions as to what could have happened to Britanee.

Thank you for this post, Walker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member