Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
11991352-small.jpg

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/12/authorities_say_missing_woman.html
Authorities say missing woman was on her way to shop at Destiny USA
Syracuse, NY – Authorities are looking for a Chenango County woman who has been missing since Tuesday when she told her husband she was driving to Syracuse to shop at Destiny USA.
She was driving a maroon 2006 Chrysler Town and Country minivan with a New York license plate of EFA1962.
Deputies said Ramsaran may have changed her hair color and style before she left. Her cell phone was found Wednesday on State Route 23 in the Town of Plymouth.
Deputies ask that anyone with information about Ramsaran call them at 607-334-2000 and push option 1.
1zqaupt.png

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...99051391.74183.212865135400495&type=1&theater
Facebook missing page

Social Networks
Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)
Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!
Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Rumors are not allowed, if you can't link to it then please don't post it here. Main stream media and law enforcement are acceptable at this time.

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9

Thread #10

Scanner Thread

Media & Map thread

Finding Jennifer

Help Find Jennifer Facebook

Ramsaran, Jennifer
Lavanda Dolce
rickblaine - verified insider
Jilllian - verified insider

case map

Please continue here...

A few things to remember...

We are a victim friendly forum. This includes Jennifer as well as the rest of her family. It doesn't mean we can't discuss what is known thru the media or law enforcement and ask questions about any inconsistencies. It does mean we will not outright accuse someone or make up a scenerio not based on the facts we know at this time.

Everyone here has a right to post their thoughts and opinions about this case without being attacked for it. This means they are not being told their opinion is 'not logical' , 'its not facing reality', etc. We are not going to accuse members here of being manipulative and we are not going to tell each other how to post or what to post. If you feel a post is against our terms of service then alert on it. Please don't respond to the the post you are alerting. It may mean you will get timed out as well.

Be kind to each other and when posting make sure its how you expect to be treated as well. We are not on separate teams, we all want Jennifer to be found and brought home to her family. We do have insiders on this case, they may or may not be able to answer all of your questions.
Rumors are not allowed. Discussing comments from the news, and Social Networks are not allowed, they are considered rumors. We are not going to allow fighting or discussing a fight that is or may be going on with Facebook pages. Do not bring it here.

Lets stay focused on Jennifer. Please continue here...

Deepestsympathyprayers_zpse152a7b7.gif

Rest in Peace Jennifer. Our prayers and thoughts go out to Jennifer's family and friends. She was loved and will be missed by many.

Today, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by momrids6

vocabulary words of the day

incompetence:

lack of physical or intellectual ability or qualifications

lacking the power to perform

deflection:

a turning aside (of your course or attention or concern);

any diversion intended to distract attention from the main issue

:treadmill:

motto:

got none, want none, go away

So...Jen's body was left on Center Road, the same road where the trail head to Plymouth Loop -- a popular trail for those who enjoy vigorous outdoor exercise -- is located.

Question for locals: is the trail head parking lot paved...or is it just grass? (grass that could have gotten caught in a wheel?)

And...Plymouth Loop trailhead is just 1/2 mile from One Eye Street, where Tom Francisco's body was found. A location that would be familiar to those who frequent Plymouth Loop (or even drive or run regularly down that section of 23).

And...Jen's van was found at Plank Road Manor -- the site of a shooting a few years ago
http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/...ollowing-leads-in-apartment-complex-shooting/

Seems like someone disposed of the body and van in two locations associated with murder and violence. As if trying to deflect attention.

Someone, of course, quite familiar with the area. Someone who had read the news stories. Or heard local gossip.

Quote of the Day:

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
Confucius

So...Jen's body was left on Center Road, the same road where the trail head to Plymouth Loop -- a popular trail for those who enjoy vigorous outdoor exercise -- is located.

Question for locals: is the trail head parking lot paved...or is it just grass? (grass that could have gotten caught in a wheel?)

And...Plymouth Loop trailhead is just 1/2 mile from One Eye Street, where Tom Francisco's body was found. A location that would be familiar to those who frequent Plymouth Loop (or even drive or run regularly down that section of 23).

And...Jen's van was found at Plank Road Manor -- the site of a shooting a few years ago
http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/...ollowing-leads-in-apartment-complex-shooting/

Seems like someone disposed of the body and van in two locations associated with murder and violence. As if trying to deflect attention.

Someone, of course, quite familiar with the area. Someone who had read the news stories. Or heard local gossip.

And with Jen’s phone being discovered in a spot where locals are very aware that there is either no service or intermittent service, it seems that local knowledge was also behind the placement/discovery of her phone.

So .. local knowledge behind placement of all the items of value in this case … Jen, her van, her phone.

Jen also left her rings and perhaps other jewellery of value at home that day.

But Jen’s clothes had no real monetary value, and funnily enough they are apparently the only thing still unaccounted for ......

(except for the $500 that GR says Jen had, of course.)

To be quite honest, I am angry and disappointed, that LE has chosen to not use the many resources, that they have available to them, in this day of so much technology.:twocents:

I just wanted to reply to the above snippet from BearAngel's post towards the end of previous thread.

Just a thought but perhaps LE is not utilising all resources, especially media, so they can keep one particular person completely in the dark. Sure it would be nice to know where they're at in the investigation but it would also mean her killer would know as well.

As it is now, the way I see it, & I think we can all take a certain amount of satisfaction from it... the arrest may not happen today, tomorrow, next week or next month, but while her killer is in "the dark", he'd be constantly waiting & sweating on that knock on the door from LE. Jennifer's killer will never know peace.

A few of us have noted the remarkable similarities between Jennifer's case and Aussie Allison Baden Clay's case .. a whole long list of things that are so similar, (possibly including no definite COD).

But the one big difference here is that Gerard Baden Clay was arrested for the murder of his wife, based on strong circumstantial evidence, 8 weeks after the murder. We then waited months and months for all the forensic testings to be finalised before the case could proceed.

No-one has been arrested for Jennifer's murder based on strong circumstantial evidence, and while forensics are finalised. It has been 18 weeks !!

Above post is also from end of previous thread...

In Allison's case, police had planned an arrest on two other occasions prior to the day he was arrested but they held off while they gathered further evidence. They had him exactly where they wanted him. And I think this could be quite similar with Jennifer's killer...

LE have him right where they want him while they get all their ducks in a row & he has no escape from that knock on the door.

I just wanted to reply to the above snippet from BearAngel's post towards the end of previous thread.

Just a thought but perhaps LE is not utilising all resources, especially media, so they can keep one particular person completely in the dark. Sure it would be nice to know where they're at in the investigation but it would also mean her killer would know as well.

As it is now, the way I see it, & I think we can all take a certain amount of satisfaction from it... the arrest may not happen today, tomorrow, next week or next month, but while her killer is in "the dark", he'd be constantly waiting & sweating on that knock on the door from LE. Jennifer's killer will never know peace.

marlywings, four months without a media update by CCSO/Sheriff Cutter, coupled with the misinformation provided to the public initially in the JR investigation indicates the lack of a coherent media management strategy and profesionalism, imo.

The public is a very valuable investigative resource to squander. Silence by investigators
only causes innocent lives lost and mounting cold cases, imo..

marlywings, four months without a media update by CCSO/Sheriff Cutter, coupled with the misinformation provided to the public initially in the JR investigation indicates the lack of a coherent media management strategy and profesionalism, imo.

The public is a very valuable investigative resource to squander. Silence by investigators

Their silence may very well be for a good reason. Again, in Allison's case, we heard very little from police. On the day her body was found police held a news conference to say it was a homicide investigation...then that was it until the day of the arrest. There were a couple of reports about her accused killer's affairs...but every man & his dog were already aware of those.

And with Jen’s phone being discovered in a spot where locals are very aware that there is either no service or intermittent service, it seems that local knowledge was also behind the placement/discovery of her phone.

So .. local knowledge behind placement of all the items of value in this case … Jen, her van, her phone.

Jen also left her rings and perhaps other jewellery of value at home that day.

But Jen’s clothes had no real monetary value, and funnily enough they are apparently the only thing still unaccounted for ......

(except for the $500 that GR says Jen had, of course.)

That's an excellent point about the rings, and perhaps other valuable jewelry left at home. In the photos, it appears that Jenn wore simple, but quality jewelry -- the same two necklaces feature in almost all her photos.

Their silence may very well be for a good reason. Again, in Allison's case, we heard very little from police. On the day her body was found police held a news conference to say it was a homicide investigation...then that was it until the day of the arrest. There were a couple of reports about her accused killer's affairs...but every man & his dog were already aware of those.

18 weeks and LE have still not declared that Jen's case is a homicide investigation ....

I remember thinking/hoping that thread #7 would be the lucky thread that would title "ARREST!"

I know things seem to be slowing down and quiet, myself included. I really hope that there is an arrest sooner than later. I know we all are frustrated.

I'm not sure as to why it's taking so long but am looking forward to when we can all sit back and take a big deep breath.

I don't have a lot to add as I feel that I've sleuthed as much as possible regarding this case but don't want to disappear! Still here for Jennifer -

Agreed. The few public statements by local law enforcement have discouraged searches (cell phone, car, remains were all found by others - not CCSO); fueled incorrect speculation that Jennifer ran off (the odd reference to changing hair color) and caused confusion (red van? orange van?).

It may be that CCSO is conducting a competent investigation that will end in the arrest of the person who killed Jennifer. We all hope for that. But judging from the information that's available to the public, there's no reason for an excess of confidence. Family, friends and others who want justice for Jennifer should continue to focus on the case and demand answers. Public attention is the best guarantee that this doesn't turn into a cold case.

Yes, marlywings, in the Mickey Shunick case(LA). The LPD was silent initially, but then released vehicle descriptions to the public via MSM & conducted regular media updates to keep the community/public informed.

Mickey Shunick was randomly abducted by a stranger sexual predator; the most difficult cases to solve. Yet within 90 days from abduction to identification, arrest, indictment, conviction, and sentencing. Her case was solved due to excellent police work, an effective media management strategy, combined with the public's tips due to the awareness which was created..

That's an excellent point about the rings, and perhaps other valuable jewelry left at home. In the photos, it appears that Jenn wore simple, but quality jewelry -- the same two necklaces feature in almost all her photos.

IMO, the rings being left home are a telling piece of evidence. I dont think any woman would deliberately leave her rings at home even if she was planning on leaving someone. I would say the rings were removed from her finger after death and either left home or brought back home to make it look like she just ran off! Those rings could have been checked for fingerprints to tell if someone other than her had handled them! Did LE think to do this? Lots of little telltale things of evidence that im not sure was even thought of in this case! Even if Jenn were going to meet someone she had met online, she would have left her rings on and just taken them off and put them in her purse, it seems to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth