UK - College of Policing: consider psychics' advice in missing persons cases

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Independent:

Detectives investigating missing persons cases 'should consider advice of psychics'

Detectives investigating missing persons cases should consider tips from people claiming to have supernatural abilities, according to new proposals from the College of Policing.

Under revised professional standards released for consultation this week, officers are reminded: “High-profile missing person investigations nearly always attract the interest of psychics and others, such as witches and clairvoyants, stating that they possess extrasensory perception.”
---
the rest at the link

I say no way; what say thee?

I say no way, but

“Some people say they have supernatural powers when they have information. We deal with it in the same way we would deal with any other information... if they say it’s come to them in a dream for example, isn’t the same thing as how they have actually got it. They may have started asking around and doing their own investigation,” he told PoliceOracle.com.

If that's the case just tell the truth and leave the supernatural out of it.

I would consider it, to a degree. Not necessarily because I believe in their supernatural powers, because I don't, but because some of them might have come across some useful tidbit of information that leads their vision, particularly if they have been contacted by the family. Family members might know something that they don't know that they know and the psychic could have picked up on that. Or let's say the perp wants the body found because he wants his inheritance finally, he might get someone to call in a psychic tip.

She is up a road, near a water source, the road is unsealed, there are trees, a white building and a bridge. The killer is someone she knew briefly, but I don't feel that they were close. He's very angry, his anger covers a deep pain from childhood. I feel a tightness around the neck region. He will strike again if not caught.

She is up a road, near a water source, the road is unsealed, there are trees, a white building and a bridge. The killer is someone she knew briefly, but I don't feel that they were close. He's very angry, his anger covers a deep pain from childhood. I feel a tightness around the neck region. He will strike again if not caught.
Chuckling madly. Water, always water.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vconners
Back