Sidebar Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that it matters, but aside from her DT, who is KC supposed to thank for supporting her?

She could have thanked the DT in person, and most likely did.
She had no other supporters that I know of to thank. I suppose she could have publicly thanked those two people who sent her 20$ so she could buy cheeto's and slim jims while in jail?

Not only that but would they even had allowed her to do a 'public' press conference without somebody throwing something at her? IMO I think her doing a press conference would of enraged people even further. There is nothing that she's going to say or do (and this goes for CA as well) that going to change the minds of most people.

IMO, I think comparing AK to FCA isn't really a fair comparison, mainly because most here have even admitted they know next to nothing about AK or her case, so there is no 'predetermined' view of her vs. FCA who everyone knows and has many preconceived notions of.

I'm not willing to put AK on any sort of pedestal. The lady was accused and convicted of murder, aquitted on appeal yet still found guilty of trying to place blame on an innocent party. There is a lot more to that story that we don't know.

I agree with you cityslick. I will never put AK on a pedestal. There were a few things (not enough to convict) that seemed very strange with AK. The cartwheels at the courthouse, the fact that neither she or her boyfriend answered their phone at the time the murder was being committed. I'm not completely convinced she is innocent. AK seems far more intelligent than FCA that's for sure, but whether she is a murderer I don't know.

Wake up people. If your child is lost in a pool accident, are you going to put the body in the trunk of your car in a garbage bag and dump the child in the woods? I for the life of me can not believe how anyone could still believe this thought process.

Welcome to the Sidebar thread :D where it is perfectly OK to believe this :D

Haha, she may have some supporters, and I agree none are going to raise their hands in a crowded bar and admit it. But, who is creating the support websites? I am not asking out of interest, as I am not interested. Just think about it. A family, a messed up attorney who needed to make this case news so he could make some money to pay his bills, a convicted felon?

It doesn't take that much to set up a website. It's actually not that expensive either.

I said it before and I'll say it again, there are more Casey Anthony supporters and benefactors than you would believe, they are just not going to raise their hand to announce it.

Worse yet - there is one supporter who has posted a number of comments to Casey offering her a place to stay, and even posted her phone number.

Said that she sent 100s of letters to her in jail.

:shakehead:

Not that it matters, but aside from her DT, who is KC supposed to thank for supporting her?

She could have thanked the DT in person, and most likely did.
She had no other supporters that I know of to thank. I suppose she could have publicly thanked those two people who sent her 20$ so she could buy cheeto's and slim jims while in jail?

I was talking about AK coming forward and thanking everyone not KC.

KC has no one to thank except her legal team. KC has never apologized for all the damage she has done with her lies. Never apologized publicly to her parents for lying to them. I think they deserved the truth. Hard to believe that this is the same person who CA describes as acting like a Mom to all her friends. Then again, probably another lie and she's not acting out of character at all. KC obviously feels she has nothing to be sorry for....mission accomplished. jmo

This doesn't have much to do with anything, but I was just thinking... can you imagine what it's like to be someone else with the name Casey Anthony right now? Anthony isn't that unusual a name, and there have to be more than a couple Casey Anthonys out there. Imagine having an Amazon account or something under your name Casey Anthony and having tons of people thinking it's her. I bet there were a few Casey Anthonys who changed their screen names around the the internet.

There was a guy around here named that and was harrassed on facebook!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/13/casey-anthony-pennsylvania_n_897147.html

Some quite interesting thoughts presented by CBC today on why juries voted the way they did in the Amanda Knox trial and the Anthony trial and how they view female defendants... I actually had to do some belief searching...:waitasec: and would be interested in hearing your coments about this article.

..http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/10/04/amanda-knox-qa-trial.html?cmp=rss

Although we have come a long way from the bra burning sixties, there is still a very real glass ceiling in many business's in corporate America.

Although improved from the past, sex still sells, watch a beer commercial, or Victoria's Secret commercial, shoot, even Jack in the Box keeps making sexual innuendos in its commercials.

Pretty girls are still highly marketable. The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, Runway models (Project Runway), cheerleading competitions on ESPN (yes, we now have a few male cheerleaders, so we are trying to improve), most servers in restaurants are still female, check the toy departments for little girls, makeup, etc.

Looks are still very important in our society. Not quite as important as the Stepford Wives would have you believe, but still important.

Would a mudfight between Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston sell more tickets than a mudfight between Roseanne Barr and Rosie O'donnell?

Double standards in all walks of life in the U.S. are alive and well. We are trying to eliminate these double standards, but we are definitely not there yet.

As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

Worse yet - there is one supporter who has posted a number of comments to Casey offering her a place to stay, and even posted her phone number.

Said that she sent 100s of letters to her in jail.

:shakehead:

:ignore: :ignore: :ignore: :ignore: :waiting: just so much carp in this world... :nevermind:

Where can one find that webpage?

ETA: NVMD I found it. Oh.My.Goodness..first the page. :eek: Second, once again she does not have a personality of her own. She is totally channeling and copying Amanda Knox. LOLOL

Could I have the link to the webpage?

IMO, I think comparing AK to FCA isn't really a fair comparison, mainly because most here have even admitted they know next to nothing about AK or her case, so there is no 'predetermined' view of her vs. FCA who everyone knows and has many preconceived notions of.

I'm not willing to put AK on any sort of pedestal. The lady was accused and convicted of murder, aquitted on appeal yet still found guilty of trying to place blame on an innocent party. There is a lot more to that story that we don't know.
I followed the case (just not much here) and think there is a big difference between the two.
PS- I believed AK was innocent...go figure.

I agree with you cityslick. I will never put AK on a pedestal. There were a few things (not enough to convict) that seemed very strange with AK. The cartwheels at the courthouse, the fact that neither she or her boyfriend answered their phone at the time the murder was being committed. I'm not completely convinced she is innocent. AK seems far more intelligent than FCA that's for sure, but whether she is a murderer I don't know.

I agree too. What has irritated me is that some people put her on a pedestal with angel wings and a halo. I'm not sure what her role is, but I don't think she's totally innocent. She is definitely an odd bird, and seems to have some connection to what happened at the very least. Why admit she was there and covered her ears as Meredith screamed? Of course, it was later retracted and blamed on the interrogation. I just don't like that there was answer cleansing her of every action she did in this case. The case was so bad, though, we'll probably never know the real truth. Hopefully, she's learned something and will stay out of trouble now. I do think she has a much better chance of that than Casey. And I am a bit impressed that she thanked everyone for their support too.

I think it was a tragic drowning accident. I don't think anyone is responsible. If the State had charged her correctly, say for not reporting the accident, for improper disposal of a corpse, I believe the jury would have found her guilty of those charges., Of course, as any parent that has lost a child, most tend to blame themselves regardless. I don't find it unusual that Casey fought the charges against her. But, I think it's very possible that privately, she does blame her self. All JMO.
The State said murder...Casey has said NOTHING. IMO there are facts that show that this was a planned act of doing harm and that it was an unnatural death. There are no facts that show it was a drowning. I guess we can assume anything...but I have never heard ANYONE (other than JB, et al.) say Caylee drowned.

Oh..SJ. I thought the owner would have the initials N, T, and S or O and E.

Sadly, I hardly had to think for a second to know who both people you're talking about. I have been on this case waaaaaaaaaay too long. LOL

I can't hear it. Was it a squeak, a putt or a blatt?

Gawd I hate how fart jokes still make me laugh. I will not include all of the alternatives to squeak, putt or blatt that I came up with in the five seconds it took me to write this post :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member