NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I missed out on a lot of posts but finally got caught up. I guess there is no new news. :(

I think Monday is Zahra's day!! (Grand Jury meeting and all gives me great hope)

I cannot remember but I think it was lime I bought a few years ago because where i live I have loads of pine needles that make my grass really acidity...I think it was Lime my neighbor suggested I use to help. I bought a small bag and if I remember I had to sign a sheet of paper when I bought it.

My husband works with a certain kind of lime that is used for fertilizer. I wonder if lime would have been readily available at AB's place of work?

no new pressers I take it :(

I cannot remember but I think it was lime I bought a few years ago because where i live I have loads of pine needles that make my grass really acidity...I think it was Lime my neighbor suggested I use to help. I bought a small bag and if I remember I had to sign a sheet of paper when I bought it.

Quick question: Would persons or business that do work like landscaping, tree services and such have access to Lime without having it recorded for an individal but to a business name?

My husband works with a certain kind of lime that is used for fertilizer. I wonder if lime would have been readily available at AB's place of work?

Great point! I'm sure the dogs though would still alert even if Lime was used. My guess is that the FBI had a top notch dog arrive from their resource pool

Quick question: Would persons or business that do work like landscaping, tree services and such have access to Lime without having it recorded for an individal but to a business name?

According to my hubby, AG lime does not require any special paperwork. There is another lime that is activated by water that is used to clean steel. That is different than what the farmers use. Hope that helps . . . :)

According to my hubby, AG lime does not require any special paperwork. There is another lime that is activated by water that is used to clean steel. That is different than what the farmers use. Hope that helps . . . :)

OK probably just my local area store I purchased it from policy.

feeling a bit down today as holloween approaches. Wndering what Zahra thought about holloween and what her costume choice would have been. I am angry that she is not feeling the building excitement of the approach of trick or treating as a ten year old should be doing right now :(

Lime is available at any hardware, home improvement center or feed store. We use it yearly in our yard to counteract the acid from the oak leaves and a good thing to use if you have dogs in your yard. No identification is required to purchase here in FL.

Lime is available at any hardware, home improvement center or feed store. We use it yearly in our yard to counteract the acid from the oak leaves and a good thing to use if you have dogs in your yard. No identification is required to purchase here in FL.

Thank you ..I can purchase lime at any Home Depot , Lowe's or any hardware store here in CT w/out any problems. Lime has been used for lawn care for years and I personally have never heard of such restrictions.

Here's Zahra back in May getting her hearing aids. She is sitting down-but you can still get an idea of Z's size compares to EB's size. Do I think she could handle dead or drugged weight? It's possible IMO. Ya know the stories you hear about the incredible strength some people have while on drugs. But, I do think EB had help.
may10.jpg

It wasn't just the 911 call that alerted me to AB. The whole finding the ransom note and calling MC and his daughter there but not making sure Zahra was OK makes no sense. Imagine-you find a note from a kidnapper on your car saying they have your daughter. Well, gee the kidnapper got the wrong car, the wrong house-maybe they got the wrong girl!! Quick lets see if Zahra's OK!! Why didn't AB do that? Why didn't they tell LE they had a daughter since the kidnapper doesn't seem too well informed about who they were kidnapping?
IMO It's cause they lost their nerve. It wasn't just the hinky 911 call and his strange rambling that got me-it was his inaction at 5 in the morning that started my meter running!

I agree that is possible, but EB is extremely out of shape from what we can see and the body appears to be well hidden in combination with what I find to be very suspicious behavior from biodad, and my opinion is that she did not labor through carrying 85lbs of dead weight, dig a grave or some other effort to dispose of the body in a hidden way, dispose of an old mattress, buy a new one and reset the room by herself.

And while she did all of that in secrecy bio dad also coincidentally never checked on his child, never noticed any of this, and then called 911 and regurgitated a very detailed explanation of kidnapping, ransom notes, mistaken identity, prosthetics being missing, etc...

That equation does not come out to EB acting alone and AB being a disconnected parent imo

you're both very convincing

The patron saint of jurists is Giovanni da Capistrano - I'll light my San Juan de Capistrano prayer candle Monday. (Or tonight, come to think of it, and get a head start.)

Also, Monday is All Saints' Day, so this furthers the cause.

something I was reading earlier when playing catch up on previous pages sparked a thought I wanted to express on the Christy Rd - at - near - how near- etc. topic being discussed earlier.

To me it doesn't matter if MSM got it right or not. I got the point I needed from all of it. I have never thought EB disposed of Zahra's remains at any residence. I think she talked, to what degree I don't know, but what she told them or whatever the lead LE got told them it had to do with Zahra being disposed of near (as in in the area of) somewhere EB once lived. Of course it was. Who goes to an area they don't know, aren't familiar with, to dispose of a body?

Doesn't mean before loading up a dead body she knew exactly what her plan was to do with it. She just knew she had to be rid of it. So she went somewhere she was familiar with that had stretchs of secluded lightly traveled at night roads. She wouldn't want it near where she currently lives, but she would want to do it somewhere she was familiar with and comfortable with. MOO I Think it wasn't AT a specific preplanned spot.

I think the area was thought of and it happened wherever it was convenient. She may not even recall where along the road, just vague landmarks, such as a curve, a dirt road, etc. She may know the route she travelled. This would explain the search near the shoals rd/burns road (dirt) location and the Christy Rd/Elkart (dirt) interesection search.
If it was a hurried, oh crap, get to somewhere "away" from my house but familiar and known and deserted stretches with heavy woods and brush along the way, EB, she may have dumped the body somwhere along the drive.

Tossing the prosthetic out the window at another location along the same drive. I think LE suspects the same (for whatever reason be it tip or EB) and that is why they are still searching some of the sites along the drive. all MO

Hello fellow WS members! Tricia gave me permission to post in one place, one time - OT to let you all know about a case that is being spotlighted in a two hour special tonight on 48 hours.
Kari Baker's story is one all women and daughters should see as it highlights how men often use the best we as women have to offer and use it as a weapon against us. Values such as trust, loyalty, faithfulness etc are far to often used as tools to isolate us and in Kari's case to keep her from getting out before her sociopath killed her.(BTW- yes women do this to men too, so guys don't toss stones at me!) IMHO he saw his wife as a disposable item and he is what I call an eraser killer. He almost got away with it as he hid under the cloth as a minister.
I also wanted to let you all know I am sure that Kari's family reads at WS on her thread so if you want to leave them a message of support or anything they will see it. The conviction is done but they still face the appeals process and they are in a custody battle for custody of Kari's two adorable daughters so the story naturally never really ends for them. (Links to thread on homepage and in your notice at the top of the page!)
Thanks for reading and I will see you here, in Caylee, in Kyron and all over the place here at WS -- THE BEST CRIME INVESTIGATIVE SITE ON THE INTERNET! Thank you Tricia and all the Mods for making this site the best!
:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

Zahra - don't worry baby - we will get you justice too, we promise!

So I wonder how they got EB to admit to writing the ransom note so quickly!:waitasec:They must have presented her with some reason why they knew there wasn't a kidnapper. Was the envelope from their bill, did they have her fingerprints? If her fingerprints were on the bill and it was her bill that would explain the prints. She seems surprised or upset about the arrest-didn't she see it coming?
6-2.jpg

And did she stop talking as soon as she made that confession? I'm surprised she didn't finger someone else and say she was forced to write it. But, then I'm sure there is much we don't know yet.

Has anyone heard audio from this arrest? I REALLY want to know what she was yelling/saying.

I was searching around and found this MSNBC article from 10/11.

"A reporter saw what appeared to be remnants of clothes among burned branches from the fire at the house."

??? Has this been echoed anywhere else? It just struck me because I personally haven't seen this mentioned before.

Here's another, also dated 10/11:

http://www.thetimesnews.com/articles/hickory-37623-missing-parents.html

On Monday, several of Adam Baker’s friends stood outside his one-story in Hickory, a city of 40,000 residents about 50 miles northwest of Charlotte. In the yard were a few burned tree limbs and what appeared to be clothing.

As to the carrying Zahra's weight and EB loss of weight. EB is perfectly physically capable of carrying Zahra's dead weight IMO.

I am her age, am not a big woman or a strong woman but I can carry my daughter's "dead" sleeping weight. It is awkward but I get it done. DD is 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell