WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped by me :)

I don't believe LE went back and did the clearing. Last Friday was the first time since November that I would have been in a position to notice the clearing.

I have a question. What do you mean by Last Friday was the first time since Nov that you would have been in a position to notice the clearing? Didn't you take the pictures on the property a few weeks ago? Why didn't you notice this clearing at that time?

While I believe that CB is a key to solving the idiotic act that took MC life, I may be wrong. Maybe LE does not think that CB is that important or they have everything useful from the site. Also it would be stupid for the murder to go back to this site.

Stupid, yes, but I think we are dealing with someone that is a few fries short of a Happy Meal!

What was the something else?

I was able to catch a momentary glimps of the trail head from a particular spot on the roadway. The trail head looked much wider than what it had been back in November.

Snipped by me :)

I have a question. What do you mean by Last Friday was the first time since Nov that you would have been in a position to notice the clearing? Didn't you take the pictures on the property a few weeks ago? Why didn't you notice this clearing at that time?

I was never on the property when I took any of those photos. I've been very careful to not go on the property because I don't like that property.

You can't see the clearing unless you look straight down the trail at it. Photographs of the property are very deceptive as to just how steep in fact the property is. It is very steep.

I bet Sherlock 9 didn't see the clearing because he wasn't in the right position to do so (based upon the statements in his post).

I wonder if the company that owns the CB property is preparing it for some type of construction. That could explain the clearing of brush that seems to be taking place.

Unlikely. Why would they start clearing the brush in the middle? I would think they would just bulldoze the brushy-area instead of methodically cutting down brush from the inside out. Plus, I don't think it's coincidental that the clearing is on the trail.

I'm confused. I thought you were there in January duck hunting in that very spot.
Is the area that was additionally cleared in a different spot? I'm really confused.
sorry. Need food and sleep.............

I was never on the property when I took any of those photos. I've been very careful to not go on the property because I don't like that property.

You can't see the clearing unless you look straight down the trail at it. Photographs of the property are very deceptive as to just how steep in fact the property is. It is very steep.

I bet Sherlock 9 didn't see the clearing because he wasn't in the right position to do so (based upon the statements in his post).

Oh, I thought you had admitted to being on the actual property in later posts. Sorry, my mistake. :)

Hmmm, very interesting about the clearing though. I have wondered if maybe the perp took her out to the brush and laid a tarp or some heavy plastic down to do what he did to her post mortem. I wonder if that is a possibility?

Oh, I thought you had admitted to being on the actual property in later posts. Sorry, my mistake. :)

Hmmm, very interesting about the clearing though. I have wondered if maybe the perp took her out to the brush and laid a tarp or some heavy plastic down to do what he did to her post mortem. I wonder if that is a possibility?

I would think LE would gather every blade of grass or twig that was near her body. They might be looking for any trace evidence that only modern forensics can expose. They can't look at it up close and in controlled conditions unless they take it with them. Just a thought.

[respectfully snipped by me]

They were big letters (3' or 4'). I SUSPECT they marked the location where some sort of evidence was found or seen.

Very together, like "SLM". Again, I'm very uncertain if any of those were the letters. For some reason, it was really difficult to interpret the letters (maybe because I looked at them from only one position instead of trying different positions). I didn't want to spend much time there.

Del, that seems like some really HUGE lettering!

~respectfully snipped

And wouldn't we like to know this info!

I'm pretty sure if the remodel was extensive, the home owners may have had to get a building permit. Could be wrong. If so, said permit may have details of contractors. Again, could be wrong. Could be worth looking into, tho

I was able to see, by looking at the Douglas County Parcel Map and tax assessor information online, that a building permit was applied for and received in July 2000 for the remodel work that was done. Unfortunately, the only information that is given on that site is the date and the name of the applicant. Does anyone know how to look into this further?

I'm confused. I thought you were there in January duck hunting in that very spot.

Is the area that was additionally cleared in a different spot? I'm really confused.

The last (and only) time I went duck hunting on the CB property was during the first week of November 2009.

The clearing is along one of the trails I cut which leads from the driveway-area down the hill and through the brushy-area to where the duck blind was situated (very near the river).

By the way, the reason I "cut" a trail using a machette was because that brush is very prickly. I couldn't just push my way through it like I could if it was grass or etc.

Del, that seems like some really HUGE lettering!

It was enormous, which is why (I think) it was so difficult for me to read. I'm not accustomed to reading letters that big.

They were must bigger than the letter "B" in the duck blind.

I agree AutymnRose.....some of the info is confusing me too.

The last (and only) time I went duck hunting on the CB property was during the first week of November 2009.

The clearing is along one of the trails I cut which leads from the driveway-area down the hill and through the brushy-area to where the duck blind was situated (very near the river).

By the way, the reason I "cut" a trail using a machette was because that brush is very prickly. I couldn't just push my way through it like I could if it was grass or etc.

That sounds like DNA gathering prickly brush!

I was able to see, by looking at the Douglas County Parcel Map and tax assessor information online, that a building permit was applied for and received in July 2000 for the remodel work that was done. Unfortunately, the only information that is given on that site is the date and the name of the applicant. Does anyone know how to look into this further?

It's usually the contractor doing the work that gets the permit and there would have had to be an inspection by the health dept, I believe. Seems like you should be able to look up the permit and who it was issued to.

Until he clarifies, I'm assuming that Del took the photos from the beach (public right of way) and/or from above the property with a good lens.

If this clearing has been there and he just previously didn't have a good line of sight, I would bet that LE cleared it for forensic purposes.

It was enormous, which is why (I think) it was so difficult for me to read. I'm not accustomed to reading letters that big.

They were must bigger than the letter "B" in the duck blind.

Maybe that big for aerial photo's?

That scenario would be consistent with what I saw. For several weeks, I theorized that the CB property was simply the "dumpt site." Nothing more. I theorized that MC's body was prepped post-mortum prior to being transported to CB.

After seeing the clearing, I changed my #1 scenario to include your post-mortum theory because I can't fathom of any other reason for the perps to have spent any time at the clearing.

There were so many evidence markers in that clearing. Something very significant happened there.

Until he clarifies, I'm assuming that Del took the photos from the beach (public right of way) and/or from above the property with a good lens.

If this clearing has been there and he just previously didn't have a good line of sight, I would bet that LE cleared it for forensic purposes.

Yes, but didn't he say that he noticed the bag and air mattress were gone, but saw 3 shell casings that were still there? Weren't those in the duck blind and seen after LE had been there?

So, I'm still confused, Del. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member