An arrest has been made!

She must have mental illness. The NECN article mentions that she was due in court April 17th April 17th to "check in with a county mental health program as part of a three-year probation sentence for a petty theft she pleaded no contest to."

Three year probation and mental health program for a petty theft?

Mental Problems - Then why the he** was she allowed to teach Sunday School?

Given that it appears Melissa drugged a 7 year old at the MHP, I'm thinking Melissa is wacked and this was not an accident.

Yes, Police Chief Janet Thiessen specifically said "murder" in the press statement.

My reaction was exactly the same way of that poster regarding "a woman" kidnapping and murdering a little girl ! And the woman new her & had access to her.

Of course everyone knows ""women are capable of stuff like this"" ....but I dont think alot of people suspected a woman of commiting this crime. Alot of folks were focused on the males, not females for most of the time since Sandra went "missing".

I think you missed the concept of the post....and your post came off kinda rude. jmo

This is not meant to be rude to anyone, but are there many cases where a woman - who is not a relative - kidnaps and kills a child?

------------------------------------------------------------

I just looked at the picture again and her face does not seem symetrical.
Maybe that is it.

Sorry but you just made me LOL. My face isn't symmetrical but I never killed anyone.

My reaction was exactly the same way of that poster regarding "a woman" kidnapping and murdering a little girl ! And the woman new her & had access to her.

Of course everyone knows ""women are capable of stuff like this"" ....but I dont think alot of people suspected a woman of commiting this crime. Alot of folks were focused on the males, not females for most of the time since Sandra went "missing".

I think you missed the concept of the post....and your post came off kinda rude. jmo

I agree. We do know women are capable of killing. We hear about women killing their children all the time. We hardly ever hear about a woman that has a child of her own that kidnaps another child and kills her without her significant other involved as well. I really believe that the majority of us are shocked and surprised that it's a Mother that kipnapped and killed Sandra and that they are saying for now, that she acted alone.

This is not meant to be rude to anyone, but are there many cases where a woman - who is not a relative - kidnaps and kills a child?

Hi Msfittz, No I don't think there are many cases of this nature - Karissa Boudreau (in my avatar area) was killed by her mother. Wonder what the profilers would say about a female non-custodian non-familial abduction and murder - really makes me wonder.

wow.
Guess she accelerated t his by flapping lips to the press. I say good. Her mug shot looks like a view into the bowels ofhe!!...

Will be interesting to see if there is anyone else arrested....but if not I am not surprised either. She looks like any other sociopathic predator...except she is a woman. (odd but not unheard of)

That's what I came to ask, this is just so baffling. Just completely bizarre that it was a woman, especially if she acted alone. I can't comprehend this. Now what do we tell our children? Women that are almost 'strangers' to children, don't kill children... :shocked2:

I think the kidnapping charge would indicate that there was some sort of confession/detailed information provided by either MH herself or someone closely associated with her. I realize we might be missing a lot of information, but nothing published, video or otherwise, would lead us to suspect kidnapping was involved. Kidnapping is not an inherent charge to murder, correct?

I can't believe that this was an accident, because just like Caylee, if it was an accident why not to confess to it when the poopy hits the fan? The idea that a murder charge is preferable to a heartfelt, tear-sodden "I didn't mean to run her over/leave the pool gate open/confuse the antifreeze with Koolaid" is just unfathomable. Maybe if evidence comes out that MH tied poor Sandra up before accidentally backing over her in a SUV, I'll change my tune.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but in this case an accident theory would seem farfetched. She told them something about the crime that led them to the kidnapping charge.

Could it be possible that Sandra was alive in that suitcase when she was loaded in the car and suffocated before MH's true intentions could be revealed? Whether it be sexual in nature, or whatever else. I hate to think she was drowned alive like a callous person does to a puppy, but the "waterproof" nature of the suitcase really scares me. Non-breathable fabric. A lined, sealed suitcase dropped in a pond.

Still doesn't speak to motive, though.

wow.
Guess she accelerated t his by flapping lips to the press. I say good. Her mug shot looks like a view into the bowels ofhe!!...

Will be interesting to see if there is anyone else arrested....but if not I am not surprised either. She looks like any other sociopathic predator...except she is a woman. (odd but not unheard of)

"Wow. Just wow." LOL, when I was reading through the astro thread I happened upon your entry with those three words and laughed so hard I woke myself right up! I think once a hinky meter tops out and can't register more, one hears those words said on its default setting.

After listening to the Chief, sounds like Sandra died shortly after she was kidnapped......

OT, but I wish the TPD would take a trip to Orlando and get a confession out of Casey this quick!!

So glad the family can have a bit of closure now. It must be horrible seeing your neighbors every day and wondering.. "which one did it". Prayers for the Cantu family. Skip with the angels Sandra.. you're finally home!

After listening to the Chief, sounds like Sandra died shortly after she was kidnapped......

Yes. That tends to streamline matters and make multiple-involvement less likely, except perhaps in disposal of the body.

Unbelievable. I'm in shock. All those sex offenders around, and the suspect is the preacher's granddaughter...

Thanks,
This information gives me hope that there is not a 'ring' of internet pervs connection.
The timeframe appears too short.
However, that doesn't lessen the horror of what happened to this poor child.

Is it me - or are more and more women becoming the aggressors in this type of crime (abduction or murder of children)?

IMO, there was plenty of time to do a something....like take pictures for the Tracy 60.

Ive seen LE thinks she was killed quick and Ive seen that LE killed her just before she was reported missing.

There was pleanty of time to do alot of things to Sandra.

I want to know where the blinds came from & if Melissa has a digi cam & if she takes alot pics of NORMAL stuff.

Yes. That tends to streamline matters and make multiple-involvement less likely, except perhaps in disposal of the body.
I doubt she had help with disposal. Did the suitcase have wheels? Almost all of them do, now.

IMO, there was plenty of time to do a something....like take pictures for the Tracy 60.

Ive seen LE thinks she was killed quick and Ive seen that LE killed her just before she was reported missing.

There was pleanty of time to do alot of things to Sandra.

I want to know where the blinds came from & if Melissa has a digi cam & if she takes alot pics of NORMAL stuff.

I would like to know about this Tracy 60..............
members..........
where are MH grandparents, parents etc..........did they come home by her side?
or flea?
hiding in another (BIL)church
Where is MH child?

Yes, it does streamline it a bit - depends on the definition of short time - was it 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2, 3 or 4 hours - LE may be defining short in terms of hours as opposed to days. This is totally baffling and you are probably onto something with the multiple involvement with the disposal of her body.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back