2011.05.10 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
STOP posting on this thread or any other thread who you are contacting regarding the microphones in the courtroom. What you do on the outside is your business, however, when it is posted in the threads, it becomes our business.

Thank you.

Sorry!:redface:

Thank you Baxter. This is what he said. I don't think it amounts to asking for the list and being refused. JS told JB to contact the FBI and here, in this depo, Vass gives him the name of the man to talk to. JB never made the effort.

Q Okay. Let me see. Were you aware that we on behalf of Ms. Anthony had requested certain documents from you?
A Yes.
Q Okay. And one of the documents was a listing of the decompositional odor database; correct?
Original document at: http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27389831/detail.html
A Yes.
Q And your answer -- correct me if I'm wrong -- was, quote, the complete list would be considered the property of the organization that funded the research and could not be released without their approval. Correct?
A I believe that's what Mr. Parker agreed we should say. Yes.
Q Did you yourself ever ask the FBI whether or not the database could be released to us?
A I just asked the FBI whether that database could be released in general, not to you specifically, because a number of people are very curious about the entire component list -- of the of the database, especially fragrance manufacturing companies who want to make training aids, odors, fragrances. So it was considered -- at least my understanding, that it's considered proprietary.
Q Okay. Did you say that you asked the FBI?
A I believe I asked them when -- not specifically on this case, but terms of, again, fragrance manufacturing companies that have called me up over the years wanting to make their own concoctions.
Q Please tell me who from the FBI told you that it's proprietary and could not be released?
A I believe that was Brian Eckenrode.

Hi everyone, I am a long time member, but this is my first time making a comment. I am fortunate to be vacationing right now in Florida, about 10 miles from the courthouse. I attended the jury selection hearing this morning and was amazed that there was no crowd. In fact, I was one of just two visitors attending this morning. I was able to meet and talk to several of the media. The other visitor was from out of town on vacation as well. I spoke with Diane Dimond, Kathy B, and Bill S.

You said it... not me! :floorlaugh:

I vividly remember this issue being brought up numerous times by JB...and JA kept saying (nicely I might add) that all he had to do was ask, it was not in the control of the SAO's to get that information. But JB, being the ... unusual person he is...just would not get off his duff and do the work. He likes to blame everyone else for his inadequacies.

So now, in the interest of keeping Dr. Vass' testimony in, JA did the work for the DT last night. That kind of stuff just chaps my hide. But what 'cha gonna do? Just like HHJP said yesterday, in the interest of NOT HAVING THIS CASE COME BACK TO HIM, let's all do what we have to do.

Really sucks IMHO.

Hi everyone, I am a long time member, but this is my first time making a comment. I am fortunate to be vacationing right now in Florida, about 10 miles from the courthouse. I attended the jury selection hearing this morning and was amazed that there was no crowd. In fact, I was one of just two visitors attending this morning. I was able to meet and talk to several of the media. The other visitor was from out of town on vacation as well. I spoke with Diane Dimond, Kathy B, and Bill S.
Of course you realize.....you're our new best friend? :)

:welcome4:

Thanks so much. Please...more detail.

I've watched that three or four times now. Interesting to see how the relationship has changed! He seemed so taken by her when this all started and now "you're acting like a two-year-old." Wish I could figure out what caused him to say that. Maybe she was whining that she wanted to go to the bathroom?

Tink

I hope this is the proper place to post this. I just wanted to thank you all SO much for helping those of us that aren't able to watch this live. Your descriptions and dialogue makes me feel as if I am right there! I am so appreciative of you all. You rock!:rocker:

anyone else seeing Baez trying to distance himself emotionally from ICA? Several of his media interviews over the last few weeks he stresses that this case is not defining him... possible little spat.. new seating arrangement...

I think he is ready to get this over with (the trial, etc)

moo

(BigFatMommyDog rubbing her hands.....)

Owwww RedSox Fan, come sit by me!:D

And

WELCOME!!!!!!

Welcome aboard! :seeya:

:welcome4:

anyone else seeing Baez trying to distance himself emotionally from ICA? Several of his media interviews over the last few weeks he stresses that this case is not defining him... possible little spat.. new seating arrangement...

I think he is ready to get this over with (the trial, etc)

moo

He is probably thinking like every one who has been involved in her life, this woman has wrecked my life.

I hope this is the proper place to post this. I just wanted to thank you all SO much for helping those of us that aren't able to watch this live. Your descriptions and dialogue makes me feel as if I am right there! I am so appreciative of you all. You rock!:rocker:

Jump on in OldNWize! Speak up if you have a question or what not. I lurked for YEARS - and I'm not the most prolific poster, but participating really helps "mitigate" some of the stress and drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member