GUILTY MI - Mariha Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

Couch.JPG

Here it is and the couch the mother was asleep on and the window inside the house.....

:banghead: NO WAY!!! Someone could have used that window to do what they are saying.....

The back of the couch and the size of the window :banghead:

Mom took a poly this morning. LE named a POI this morning. Dunno if those two items are related.

I don't know why it is some of these little ones just grab onto my heart, but this little sweetie did, and I am just heartbroken. Just thinking of her looking up, trusting look on her beautiful little face. How can anyone violate that trust? They're so innocent, so fragile, so defenseless.

What makes one person look at them and want to scoop them up and hug them and tickle them and smooch them all over their cheeks and bake them cookies and rock them and sing to them, and another look at them and want to beat them and rape them and strangle them and starve them and chop them to pieces and burn them to cinders?

How can we be sooooo different as people, in our hearts and our minds and our souls? Do we not see the same child when we look at them?

Thanks for the above post CN2'. I don't have working computer speakers so miss info from video's.

JMO, but I think the mom (if she is not involved) suspects someone came in through the window. Maybe one of the kids unlocked the door and she wasn't aware it was unlocked. (My 8 yr old has followed me out the door and forgotten to shut the door entirely. I've driven him to school and back twice only to come home to find the front door wide open. After the second time I don't rely on him to close the door anymore. )

Has it been said LE is scheduling a poly for her? ETA: I see above she took one this am.

Someone purchasing .57 cents worth of gas is concerning. Hopefully LE has that person on survelliance. At appx 4.00 a gallon one would think .57 cents worth was nothing more than spillage.......

Has it been said how many adults were in the home? Was mom the only adult home at the time Mariha went missing?

I ask because most times kids are heavy sleepers. Sometimes adults are heavy sleepers. If Mom was the only adult in the house perhaps she might have slept through someone coming into the home. If there was more than one adult in the home I find it almost impossible for multiple adults to sleep through someone entering the home. (unless they took or drank something causing them all to sleep heavier than usual.)

Thanks for the above post CN2'. I don't have working computer speakers so miss info from video's.

JMO, but I think the mom (if she is not involved) suspects someone came in through the window. Maybe one of the kids unlocked the door and she wasn't aware it was unlocked. (My 8 yr old has followed me out the door and forgotten to shut the door entirely. I've driven him to school and back twice only to come home to find the front door wide open. After the second time I don't rely on him to close the door anymore. )

Has it been said LE is scheduling a poly for her?

Someone purchasing .57 cents worth of gas is concerning. Hopefully LE has that person on surveillance. At appx 4.00 a gallon one would think .57 cents worth was nothing more than spillage.......

I think you might be right,

IF, IF, If

they have nothing to do with it,

that the perp, bumped a door lock and came and went that way,

I think the window is a red herring,

When I was in college my freshmen year I always put a box fan in my window of my dorm room.

Well, one day it vibrated so much it pushed the screen out back wards and fell the 5 story's on to the downstairs awning.

I think that is what might have happened with the fan...

Mom said LE asked her how someone climbed in the window and over her on the couch to get to the child. I'm thinking that means the door was locked. I dunno.

Has it been said how many adults were in the home? Was mom the only adult home at the time Mariha went missing?

I ask because most times kids are heavy sleepers. Sometimes adults are heavy sleepers. If Mom was the only adult in the house perhaps she might have slept through someone coming into the home. If there was more than one adult in the home I find it almost impossible for multiple adults to sleep through someone entering the home. (unless they took or drank something causing them all to sleep heavier than usual.)

Cubby, I think quite a few people might have lived there... But I believe for sure it was mom, and mom sister not sure on how many children.

ETA: In the videos, it seems the other relatives speak as if they all were there. like:
"We" saw she was asleep on the floor, "We" noticed the fan was outside the window, "We" saw she was gone.

http://www.detnews.com/article/2011...-that-missing-Detroit-girl--5--is-still-alive

Detroit — Family and friends of Mariha Trenice Smith are still searching for the missing 5-year-old, despite investigators saying the body of a child matching her description was found at a burnt house less than a mile away.

"I suspect my niece is still alive," Mariha's aunt, Dominique Poole, 29, said. "And I just pray whoever's got her just brings her back home because we care about our kids."

The Southeast Michigan Crimes Against Children Task Force is investigating the kidnapping and has a person of interest in custody, FBI Special Agent Sandra Berchtold said. Multiple family members said they did not recognize the person of interest from a blurry photo police showed them.

Mom said LE asked her how someone climbed in the window and over her on the couch to get to the child. I'm thinking that means the door was locked. I dunno.

BeanE, Yeah, I think that LE must know that the only thing open or unlocked was that window.

But I think that window is an impossibility. There is just no way...:banghead:

Also from link above:

Konesha's sister, Virginia, also lives in the house with her three young children. Nobody else was taken or injured.

The window had a box fan running with the screen closed behind it, Henry said. When Mariha's mother woke up, the screen had been slid open and the fan was moved. Henry believes someone must have a grudge against Konesha, one of her 12 children, but doesn't understand why the person took Mariha.

"You wanted somebody you could've taken my daughter, not my grandbaby," she said. "Take a grown person. Why a child? Somebody that can't even change a damn diaper.

"Whoever got her please just bring her home. That's all I want."

The diaper comment by grandmaw is strage to me.

The window had a box fan running with the screen closed behind it, Henry said. When Mariha's mother woke up, the screen had been slid open and the fan was moved. Henry believes someone must have a grudge against Konesha, one of her 12 children, but doesn't understand why the person took Mariha.

12.....:eek:

"You wanted somebody you could've taken my daughter, not my grandbaby," she said. "Take a grown person. Why a child? Somebody that can't even change a damn diaper. :waitasec:

For some reason I am not thinking the mom is responsible. At least I don't want to believe that. To go through the extreme of staging an abduction and with the body being found burnt and the fire starting on a mattress in an abandoned building seems like more than something a mother would do. It reminds me of the Ethan Stacy case. And I can't think of any cases where the mother has burnt a child. (other than the oven or microwave cases.....)

There may be info mom and aunt have withheld, but then why would they mention a male the family had problems with? If their is survelliance with the person who purchased the gas they may be able to rule that person in or out fairly quickly.

My gut is telling me child predator right now.

For some reason I am not thinking the mom is responsible. At least I don't want to believe that. To go through the extreme of staging an abduction and with the body being found burnt and the fire starting on a mattress in an abandoned building seems like more than a mother would do. It reminds me of the Ethan Stacy case. And I can't think of any cases where the mother has burnt a child.

There may be info mom and aunt have withheld, but then why would they mention a male the family had problems with? If their is survelliance with the person who purchased the gas they may be able to rule that person in or out fairly quickly.

My gut is telling me child predator right now.

My gut is telling me Mom may have or could have handed her off to a predator.

Maybe I'm tainted by Shaniya's case. But mothers do hand kids over to cover drug debts and such.

This mother could be 100% innocent and I'm hoping she is, but we all know mothers sometimes do horrible things.

I want to hear what happened in that poly this morning.

How many children does Mariha's mother have?

My gut is telling me Mom may have or could have handed her off to a predator.

Maybe I'm tainted by Shaniya's case. But mothers do hand kids over to cover drug debts and such.

This mother could be 100% innocent and I'm hoping she is, but we all know mothers sometimes do horrible things.

I want to hear what happened in that poly this morning.

I must say I waffle back and forth,

Family involved / Family not involved.

I guess the window thing just doesn't sit right with me.

Maybe it is a case of leaving the children home alone while they were all out.

When they got home at 3:30 am it looked like all the children were asleep on the floor.

But Mariha was already taken.

12 kids! Wow! The diaper comment by the grandmother is very odd. Such a strange thing to say when your grandkid is missing. I hope she doesn't end up being the burn victim but odds are it is unless there has been another 5-7 year old child reported missing in the area. I hope I am wrong!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back