Identified! TX - Austin, WhtFem UP11410, 20-40, on lake shore, Jun'13 - Magda Warski

Yeah.. She failed a shooting test with one of the rifles (she was also convinced her parents were behind her being discharged bc they didn't want her in the military. You can read her posts on the Leatherman's forum when you Google her name. Found her Dad. Now I see where she got her haunting eyes. Spot on.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4

I'm betting her "name change" had to do with trying to get back into the Marines :(

Yeah.. She failed a shooting test with one of the rifles (she was also convinced her parents were behind her being discharged bc they didn't want her in the military. You can read her posts on the Leatherman's forum when you Google her name. Found her Dad. Now I see where she got her haunting eyes. Spot on.

I will definitely check this out tomorrow -- thanks for your sleuthing!!

The resemblance to the artists rendering is pretty spot on.

RIP beautiful, sweet girl.

Jodie - I think you may need to blur out the other people in that photo as per TOS.

She really was. I feel so bad for her family. I pray they find closure and solace.

Miss semper fi, rip

Attachments

• SEMPER FI.jpg
    SEMPER FI.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 114
from what I've been finding, she really was a shining star

yet she didn't think so :cry:

Do we know if she was ever reported missing? Maybe she was estranged from her family? (Judging by posts on her family members' FB pages, they seem not to know she was missing, even in July.) RIP Meghann

from what I've been finding, she really was a shining star

yet she didn't think so :cry:

And that's sad...
It sounds like her confidence was broken, unable to be mended.
She was so young.....She didn't see a resolution......just this permanent one. It makes me so sad for her....... :(

Yeah, it's as if she *needed* to be a Marine and nothing else would do. To answer my own question, I think she no longer spoke to her parents, if she still felt about them the way she did in her 2010 leatherneck posts.

People were sooooo mean on that leatherneck forum T_T

I normally don’t comment on these situations but in this case I will.

First off, this is a tragedy. I feel very sad for Magda (Meghann) and her family. I hope they find peace and closure. I don’t know what happened, but this is what I can gather from Magda’s writing and her history on the web.

In her own words she was in the Marines from June-October 2009. She failed to qualify with an M16A2 service rifle (shooting) and received an honorable discharge.

But she also indicated her parents infuence has something to do with her discharge. They never wanted her to join in the first place. She indicated they had influence on her discharge.

After the service she worked various temp jobs. She applied for the San Antonio Fire Department. She posted to the leatherneck forum, never giving up on her dream to be a marine.

She was a phenomenal runner. In one race she finished top 5% overall in a half marathon less than 2 years ago. Other races she participated in are just as impressive.

It appears other members of the forum were giving her advice. She wanted to get back in the marines. It seemed it was THE goal she wanted in life. Fideli Certa Merces—to the faithful there is certain reward. It seemed as she was faithful to returning to the marines. She even wrote to a Congressman to get back in.

In her own words she stated:

“Becoming a Marine is a step above everything I know I could do and it's all I want to do so I'll fight for it”

Now some members of the forums called her out on the discharge situation. They said the only one she had to blame was herself. Perhaps this is true. I would not consider this mean, maybe more like tough love.

Her family is successful. Why would she turn her back on them to join the marines or even become a fire fighter. I believe she was head strong and wanted to do her own thing in life against the wishes of her family. Because of this she was estranged from her family.

In the end, she probably realized that even though she was faithful, she could not attain that certain reward.

This is my opinion only gathered from my own observation.

But what is certain is that this is tragedy.

I only hope Magda and her family find peace.

I am much older than Magda. I think with age, comes understanding, that life has its ups and downs, successes and failures, and even though there are failures there will be successes. She never lived long enough to see that, and evidently her dream of being a Marine was unattainable, and even though she had other successes, that wasn't her main motivation in life. She got lost along the way, and unfortunately it was all or nothing.
And she wasn't satisfied not being a Marine. That's sad. This case has made me very sad, and I pray that her family has peace. I know she has peace now......
IMOO.

I am much older than Magda. I think with age, comes understanding, that life has its ups and downs, successes and failures, and even though there are failures there will be successes. She never lived long enough to see that, and evidently her dream of being a Marine was unattainable, and even though she had other successes, that wasn't her main motivation in life. She got lost along the way, and unfortunately it was all or nothing.
And she wasn't satisfied not being a Marine. That's sad. This case has made me very sad, and I pray that her family has peace. I know she has peace now......
IMOO.

So very true Treelights. I can think back on major disappointments I have had and thought the sky was falling. In reality, God had something so much better waiting for me around the bend. Sometimes having faith that God has a plan for us can be very hard. God bless this little girl, and may she find her place in heaven that she never found here on earth.

It looks like she was from Finksburg Maryland a graduate of Westminster (MD) High School, Class of 2006, and she was into long-distance running.

Her DOB was listed as 8/8/88.

That's my birthday! I celebrated it with family, so it's heartbreaking to think of Magda's family spending the day without her. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back