NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
what makes me angry about this case......well of course everything!!!!

but in the local papers stories here I have read that she was bought up by her grandmother Karen and grandfather Tony......who originally moved to Giru with Zahra when she was about 4 years old........her father Craig FOLLOWED........they lived in Giru for 4 years and I know the township supported this family alot....they had quite a few fundraisers for her and everyone looked out for her as she got the first bout of cancer just after she moved there....

so........she had the loving support of an extended family and especially grandmother who it seems bought her up more than her dad and a small community who took this little girl in their hearts.........so selfish dad puts himself first....obviously lonely.........finds a woman on the other side of the world on the freakin net and moves his disabled child AWAY from all of this support, because he needed a woman...

another case of a parent putting themselves first.................why not get the woman to move here or find someone closer to home.........he certainly was not putting her first!!!
Yes ITA! I would really like to hear from gramma and gramps in Oz and their back story - what did they think of EB? How did EB interact with them, with Zahra, with other family and friends? What did AB tell them about the move to the US? Was it an agreed upon move - did gram and gramps think it was a good idea? Did gram and gramps ask him to leave Zahra with them?

We have had conflicting reports all day long regarding Adam cooperating and not cooperating. Are we now with "not" cooperating based on msm?

Why is her hair cut like a little boy? God love her, she looks so lonely....

I also think that this little girl was killed way before they have declared her missing........and yes I think if the school was trying to contact them they were probably scared that DSS would soon be knocking on their door and so the story was fabricated......

Sadly, I have come to this same conclusion...she may have made the move with them but she didn't live in that house for very long...

Patty.....IDK. I guess we will know when they arrest him if he was cooperating or not.

^ OH sorry!! 'Buckley's and none', means 'no chance' and Nauru is an island where we have a refugee camp, it's where boat people are detained who try to come into our waters.

OT--alrighty you Aussies! Interpretations, please, for "Buckley's and none" and the Nauru reference?

TIA! :dance:

Aussie slang: you've got two chances buckley's and none
Buckley's and none, (humorous) two chances amounting to next to no chance.

Nauru: Island off Australia where the Gov has been detaining refugee people that are on their way to Australia from Asia. They never even touch Australian soil but are taken directly to the island - this facility is not in use at the moment

Yes, though in this case, the fact that the missing child is an Australian national means the threshold for bringing in the FBI would be much lower. There is surely involvement of the State Department and Australian consular officials by this point, and I think that would pretty much automatically trigger FBI involvement.
Doesn't matter - the child is missing in the US. FBI is automatically called in - the CART team (Child Abduction Response Team). Although I'm sure the Australian consulate and State Dept is probably monitoring. I don't think they nor Interpol would get involved unless its found that the child was taken out of the country.

The feds have the lead on this and they don't play!!!!

If EB would round up a posse, I wonder who they would be, perhaps the dogs hitting on the woodchipper is for someone else or several?

Does she have a little following, or were they peeps whom she supplied drugs to?
Or is this heresay at the moment?

This sure is an horrible case. God bless ZB, and her loved ones.

Warning!!! Graphic Statement.

And dare I bring up cannibalism for the witchcraft thing? I know nothing about the "dark side" and frankly I have no desire to learn, but if anyone knows. I'm so sorry for throwing the thought even out there.....

What are the odds of the dogs hitting so many places that dad worked and the back yard???

Thinking hopefully here, given the mounting evidence that MGF (my preferred initials for EB) was a drug dealer with violent habits of extracting payment, the fact that she and AB handled a dead body at some point doesn't necessarily mean it was Zahra's body. Cadaver dogs aren't picky -- they'll alert on the scent of any dead human, not a particular one.

OT--alrighty you Aussies! Interpretations, please, for "Buckley's and none" and the Nauru reference?

TIA! :dance:

Buckley's and none basically implies "there is no hope"

the Nauru reference is where illegal boat people are detained until their status is determined: refugee

Why is her hair cut like a little boy? God love her, she looks so lonely....

Hair growing in after chemo? maybe? Having it shaped up so it's not all shaggy? I don't know?

If EB would round up a posse, I wonder who they would be, perhaps the dogs hitting on the woodchipper is for someone else or several?

Does she have a little following, or were they peeps whom she supplied drugs to?
Or is this heresay at the moment?

This sure is an horrible case. God bless ZB, and her loved ones.
I thought about that too. Does LE know who was involved in the "posse"? Could just be heresay by BB and her mom. I don't think EB had ANY friends much less as many as it would take to make up a "posse".

Hi everyone!! I haven't fell off the face of the earth or stopped following this case. I just had to quit posting because I was sooo tired mentally from all this. I didn't even know Zahra and this case has me reeling, how could her parents not love her and take care of her?

I have a slightly different take on it. My take is that EB wrote the ransom note...then decided it wouldn't work and the best and most important thing in her list of options was to destroy the evidence. She doused the SUV in gasoline, stuck the ransom note (which she no longer intended on using) with/in/on the SUV and lit a match. Perhaps the gasoline was poured in such a way so that the mulch would catch, and then spread over to the SUV, thereby destroying the evidence, including the ransom note.

However, her plan got screwed when the fire department showed up sooner than she intended, and for whatever reason the SUV hadn't caught fire yet. The fire department found the ransom note, which was never intended to be found, and they've been winging it since then.

Here's my questions for everyone.

If she WANTED the fire department to read the ransom note, then WHY would she have put it in/on an SUV that was doused in gasoline near a fire? Why douse the SUV in gasoline if it wasn't intended to be lit on fire? :waitasec:

I've been wondering that too. Does anyone know who called in the fire? Is it possible, it was the owner's family (the Coffeys). Coffey and his daughter were present at the scene when FD got there.

I think it's likely that the ransom note was an idea they had abandoned and that's why it was in the car that was doused with gas. They planned for the fire to burn the car too (gas poured in it, doors open) but the fire department was called and arrived sooner than they expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07