GUILTY CA - Danielle Van Dam, 7, abducted & murdered, San Diego, 1 Feb 2002

packerdog said:
I haven't checked out the UT forum yet today, to tell you the truth I am affraid that I will put my fist throught my computer screen if I read over there. Is John, the BIL posting at the UT?
No not on those forums... I haven't really seen him post anything on the case itself in a very long time. He has friends there though who claim to email him and a few who have met him. He is silent on the matter at this point.

G

bbmcrae said:
I took a look at the SDUT board...quite a group. So there are groupies who spend their days "fighting" for Westerfield. I guess nothing surprises me anymore. (Okay, this surprises me.)

I read the Wichita Eagle board during the BTK arrest. There were some delusional claims there-for example, that there was a "group" of BTKs operating in the city, a sort of serial killer secret society. And that various posts by the members cracked the case, which was not true at all, as far as I know.

I have a feeling this will blow over by May. The claim by Selby is laughable and transparent. But I guess Westerfield's buddies will go on fighting for the s.o.b. It'd be sad if it wasn't so creepy and annoying.

I hear, in addition to the Lindbergh baby and Stonehenge, Selby is also responsible for the Zodiac killings, the breakup of the Beatles, and the Shroud of Turin. He was a busy little .
LOL, your welcome on the other post... It looks like the group submitted this info to the Northern California Innocence Project and according to the article I posted that is the group who would be reviewing the case for the DW support group... it's interesting to note that the Innocence project they are asking to investigate their claims ... was founded by Paul Phingst and Woody Clark... wonder what they will think of the claims this group uses... that CLARK, Dusek and Phingst along with LE framed David and Planted evidence.

I do hope their finding will be available to the public.. but the David Westerfield Review Group... won't tell...it's a secret...:dance:

Here's a link to the group there are many articles about their very serious work. I wish I could be there while they dig into the review of the case..

http://www.cwsl.edu/main/default.asp?nav=cip.asp&body=cip/home.asp

Hi All,

Just wanted to update on this story. Tonight on KFMB they are doing a story on David Westerfield. I'm on the East Coast so if any of you want to catch it and fill me in the details later, it would sure be appreciated. These are supposed to be new letter's and to contain a the name of the "real Killer'

A LOCAL 8 News Exclusive: Letters From Death Row
http://www.kfmb.com/
New at 5:00: David Westerfield sits on death row, awaiting his execution. We'll have shocking letters written exclusively to LOCAL 8 from the man accused of killing Danielle Van Dam, and he drops a bombshell - who he says the real killer is.

I have already stated MO...:banghead:

Jeana (DP) said:
Thanks for the heads up Gypsy.
You are most welcome, I have been discussing this for awhile at one of those "other" forums.. I wonder Jeana if it might be possible to merge this thread with the one that BlueCloud started. I had seen it when I posted the AJ Flick article.

I really did think it was discussion worthy. Still trying to blame SOD...hehe

Thanks so much. I am so glad I found the new forum again. I got lost in all the shuffle's. This is still my favorite but on occaison's such as this with DW. I do get drug back into defending the Van Dam's and calling certain other's on "other forums" on the mis-information the put out to the public. You have been around long enough to understand the whole background and who those supporter's may be. Same stuff, different day IMO. That's why I like it here. I see you went through another change of hands, eh? It's still good ole WB1.

Hugz,
:dance:
Gypsy

I remember when this case was in the news. My friend, who is a true crime buff recently reminded me of Danielle. Hearing about her again makes me want to cry. Poor child killed by somebody she thought was a friend. My friend--know as Keke--designed a web site for Danielle (www.geocities.com/d_van_dam). There she has graphics and pictures.

Danielle was born on September 22, 1994 in Texas. Her mother Brenda Van Dam is a stay-at-home mom and her father Damon Van Dam is software engineer for Qualcomm. Her parents have been married for 13 years and she has two brothers Dylen and Derrick.

Danielle lived in the Sabre Springs area during the night of February 1,2002. Her mother, Brenda, had planned a night out with some girlfriends while Damon van Dam agreed to stay home with Danielle and her two brothers. When Brenda van Dam's friends arrived at the family home, the adults drank beer and at one point, ducked into the garage to share a joint. Then Brenda and her friends set out for a local bar.

The last time Damon van Dam saw his daughter, she was falling asleep in her four-poster bed with a toothy grin on her face and Mickey Mouse earrings dangling from her ears. As her father planted a goodnight kiss on her forehead that Friday, few places seemed safer than Danielle's lilac and pink bedroom in her family's upscale home in suburban San Diego.

EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT VIOLATION

We will never forget Danielle. She is the reason I came here three years ago. This website was absolutely great about gathering information and clues, and following the trial and seeing that justice was done. She was a beautiful girl, and I admire her family for sticking their necks out no matter what the cost to see that her killer was brought to justice. God bless Danielle.

I didn't really follow the trial and hadn't discovered web sites like this when Danielle was murdered. I really started following trials and cases when Laci went missing. I had heard about Danielle's murder though on the news.

I've listened to Brenda talk on different programs and have gotten to know Danielle through her mom. A heartbreaking story. I'm so glad that creep is sitting on death row.

I don't think that Danielle will ever be forgotten. She is one that reached out and touched an awful lot of people.

It's hard to believe that 4 years have passed since Danielle disappeared...

Last year at my daughter's birthday party, 1 weekend before the Anniversary of when she was kidnapped, the doorbell upstairs went off 3 times, once for each year Danielle has been missing, no one was up there, and no explaination why it went off...

other than a wonderful little angel we will never forget...

If you can't see the photos, please go into your private messages and click "edit options" which is on the left hand side of the screen. Scroll down a bit and check the box for "show images".

It appears Websleuths HAS forgotten about DVD. Where are the posts, the info?
This is a terrible case. The bahavior of the killer must be preserved to apply in future cases.
The G

I don't think WS has forgotten about Danielle. This forum has been around since 1997, but the earliest posts that are available to read are from 2003. There probably was a lot of discussion about the Van Dam case when it was happening, but those posts aren't available anymore. Danielle's case was solved nine years ago, and is not considered a mystery, so that would explain the lack of discussion about it.

dan1.jpg

I don't think Websleuths ever forgot about Danielle. At the time Websleuths was very much into the crime and following trial.

There were so many things about this case and the personalities surrounding it that struck us close to home and made us become closer and more keen on justice.

What you see in this photo is a quilt hand made by members of Websleuths for Danielle's family. Quilt squares came from all over the world and I had the pleasure of putting them together like this. It was then given to Mrs Van Dam as a comfort quilt. Each square was lovingly made from Danielles favorite colors of Purple and Pink and showed her love of ballet and animals among other things.

Back then, as now. WS was a committed group of caring individuals.

(Now, don't get me started on DHP!!!)

Actually I brought up the mother of Danielles murderer during the CA trial because I never forgot her. She was a very quiet woman, and took the bus to the trial of her son every day. SHE TOOK THE BUS?!!! The media didn't hound her, and she never sought them out to say a word about her murdering son. She knew the truth and suffered silently. It came down to a hair, Danielles handprint on DW's headboard in the motor home and an adult niece of DW recalling how he came into her room one night when she was a child and rubbed her teeth while she was sleeping.

I will never forget Danielle or the trial and I wonder if the Pinellas 12 would have found him not quilty too.

I will never forget DVD! I often wonder how the family is holding up. Last I heard they moved out of the home, and Damon is still working at QUALCOMM. I don't know if they are still together, but hope so. Last time I saw Brenda she was attending an event for Chelsea's light.

Mel

Bump, I'm going to change the title on this thread and move it to Awaiting Trials as Westerfield has filed an appeal.

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back