GUILTY NY - Kathryn Filiberti, 18, raped & murdered, Hyde Park, 19 March 2011

trigger

Reaction score
Police have released the identity of the woman who was found murdered in Hyde Park on Saturday. The body of Kathryn Filiberti, 18, of Hyde Park, was discovered just after noon on Saturday in the Greentree Drive area of the town.

Town Police Chief Charles Broe said they are looking to speak with anyone who may have been on Route 9G between Green Bush Drive south of West Dorsey Lane and Greentree Drive between late Friday evening and early Saturday morning.

http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/2011/March/22/Filiberti_hom-22Mar11.html

Poor girl. So young. She had her entire life ahead of her.

RIP Kathryn

Hoping they find whoever did this to the poor girl.

From the abc local video posted by trigger, they say it's not random and they are questioning 2 people. She was stabbed multiple times in the abdomen and the face.

This is somewhat local to me. LE seems to be keeping things close to the vest. I have heard a few rumors but have nothing to back them up so I will stay quiet for now. I hope her killer is found.

I feel as if something is missing in this story. It doesn't say too much about the "person she didn't like" who was at the party, etc (unless I just missed something?)

The comments at the article Filly gave a link to were interesting. http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article/20110323/NEWS05/103230339/0/COLUMNISTS11/Hyde-Park-slaying-probe-very-active-chief-says?odyssey=nav|head ..

Seems like the boyfriend might be involved. So what else is new? Poor girl, she was really beautiful--whether or not the bf was involved, it sounds like he is violent.

HYDE PARK — On Saturday, family and friends will gather to mourn the tragic loss of Kathryn Filiberti, the 18-year-old Hyde Park college student found dead in a town park five days ago.

She is survived by a younger sister, mother, father and grandparents as well as extended family and will be buried in St. Peter's Cemetery in Poughkeepsie Saturday after her funeral.

Boyfriend Mike Delarm might have had his own problems with violence and maybe gangs...

Police investigated and arrested three men on charges of gang assault and second-degree assault. They were identified as Justine Michael Bajcar, 19, of Poughkeepsie; and Michael Joseph Delarm, 18, and Tyler Scott Delarm, 20, both of 106 East Market Street in Hyde Park.

http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/2010/January/27/Pok_gangAss-27Jan10.htm

Also Nancy Grace to cover this case tonight soon.

Boyfriend likes to talk. That may be helpful to LE.

News articles reference "person or people" that harmed her. Interesting because local scuttlebut is that two people were involved.

Colette, did you catch what was said on NG? I wasn't home to watch.

They only had a short segment about the case. On NG the only thing new is they said she was stabbed in the face and chest (not the face and abdomen as earlier reports).

Stabbing someone in the face sounds extremely personal to me. I think the killer or killers will turn out to be very well known to her.

Stabbing someone in the face sounds extremely personal to me. I think the killer or killers will turn out to be very well known to her.

I think so,too. Her face was so beautiful--someone wanted to destroy that as well as kill her, I guess.

Isn't stabbing--especially when it's many wounds, more than enough to take away the person's life--a "crime of passion," in other words, usually someone close to the victim?

I just signed on not 30 minutes ago and have read more horror that I can hardly take............what is going on in this world....

Ive heard a few *rumors* too, Sleuthy and was wondering if were on the same page? A certain someone and his brother? What do you think?

I hope it's okay I posted this since I'm leaving out identities.

Facial disfiguring kind of seems like the thing someone jealous would do. Could a girl be involved?

Facial disfiguring kind of seems like the thing someone jealous would do. Could a girl be involved?

That occurred to me, too. Although a jealous boyfriend also might want to make her unattractive to other men, possibly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back