UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
For accuracy, I'll go with the Charging Document over the news article.

EDT: The charging document states between the 29th of April and the 8th of May, right?

The 8th of May? That means he was probably dead by then.

Time-line for Ethan Stacy 4yo.

WARNING: GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING.
revision (05/23/10 - eyes4crime & wonderful fellow sleuthers)

April 28th - Wednesday
Divorce papers finalized in Florida. Ethan and mom Stephanie fly to Utah.

April 29th - Thursday
..Charging documents indicate abuse took place April 29th - May 8th. **

May 3rd - Tuesday
..Stacy said that Ethan told him in their last phone conversation on May 3rd that he was having fun visiting his mom in Layton. Prior to leaving, Ethan hadn’t wanted to go. **
..Last time Ethan talks with dad Joe.

May 4th - Tuesday
..Post on Face Book, the first of 17 cell phone pictures & videos mom takes of abuse over the days.
..Picture time-stamped May 4th or 5th of Ethan with large, notable, area of swelling to jaw and face.
.. Ethan's father, Joe Stacy, told his son wasn't available to talk, a trend that continues through Ethan's limited stay.
....Stephanie continues to complain to dad Joe about Ethan's behavior.

May5th - Wednesday
..Nate's mom sees son Nate, Ethan, and Stephanie - says all is fine (meeting place not mentioned).
..Stephanie visits Nate's mom.
..Nate takes Ethan in bedroom to punish and beats child around head area; face begins to swell.

..May 5th. Stephanie texted her brother that she and Nathan Sloop were going to a courthouse the next day to get married so that they could apply for food stamps, Medicaid and other public assistance, he said. Their "real" wedding in Colorado was still on, she told him. **

May 5th - May 8th
..Ethan "exhibits signs and symptoms of a possible head injury or brain swelling due to a head injury,"

Stephanie Sloop told police Tuesday while being interviewed about her son's death: Ethan did not eat well, was vomiting, lethargic and exhibited non-responsive behavior, according to the reports.

May 6th - Thursday (wedding day)
..Ethan locked in bedroom while Stephanie and Nate marry; door knob taken off. Nate and Stephanie leave child in bedroom due to swelling and bruises.

From Warrant of Probable Cause:
Over the next several days, Ethan got progressively ill, police said Stephanie Sloop told detectives. He was vomiting, running a fever and would not eat. The couple forced the boy to drink two 16 oz. bottles of water, a bottle of KoolAid and orange juice in a two-hour period, police wrote in the jail statement. (from warrant of probable cause). Motrin and Benadryl were given for the swelling and Nate gave Benadryl so Ethan would stay quiet.

Thursday, May 6 or Friday, May 7:
Neighbor recalls seeing Stephanie walking away from the apartment seemingly agitated and stopping to look back at the apartment several times. A short time later Nathan followed her, put his hands on her face in a manner leading the neighbor to believe he was asking she please listen to him.

May 7th, Friday
Three nights before Stephanie and her new husband, Nathan Sloop, reported Ethan missing, Jones (Steph's good friend) said Stephanie left a series of frantic voice messages:
.."She left crying, messages while she was crying, 'Ethan, he's crying. He won't stop crying. He wants his mommy. I don't know what to do. Please, please, call me. I don't know how to handle it. I don't know what to do,'" Jones said. **

..The final message, she now believes, may have come after Ethan died.

.."It was absolutely hysterical, sobbing to where I couldn't understand what she was saying," Jones said. "if I had to look deep into my heart, yeah, I would probably have to say that Ethan probably was dead, if not close to being dead at that point. And it was her grief reaching out." **

May 7th - Friday
..Stephanie, while shopping at Walmart receives a phone call from Nate informing her Ethan is badly burned on hands, feet, and legs up to buttox area from running water in bath. (claims Ethan turned on hot water).
..Stephanie returns to find human feces in child's mouth.
..In attempt to remove feces, Stephanie brushes Ethan's teeth until his gums bleed.

May 8th - Saturday
..Found smeared feces on bathroom wall and on Nate.
..Found feces in mouth and again brushed teeth.
..Notices Ethan's lips bleeding.
.. Blood and vomit found in child's bed.
...Stephanie needs to wash bed sheets due to blood and vomit from Ethan's mouth

May 9th - Sunday (Mother's Day)
.. 5:00am - Stephanie makes trip to Walgreens to pick up RX.
..5:30am - Returns from store and told by Nate Ethan is dead.
..Stephanie finds Ethan dead in bed - reports Ethan feels cold and stiff, and without pulse.
..Stephanie attempts CPR to no avail.
...Stephanie goes to bed.

Ethan is wrapped in plastic garbage bags and taped, brought to Powder Mountain area for burial. Hammer used to disfigure facial features and teeth of Ethan.
Stephanie goes on errand purchasing 2 slushies and 2 cans lighter fluid to destroy evidence.

May 10th (Monday)
..Reported that Nate and Stephanie were shopping at Best Buy for video games and to fix Play Station 3(not verified)
..Ethan's father calls and talks with Nate rather than Stephanie.

..Elswick, Joe's fiance, opens card in mail to find 'Mother's Day' card signed...from your son Ethan...in Stephanie Sloop's handwriting.**

..11:55pm - Stephanie reports Ethan missing

...Tells police a made up story about Ethan leaving the apt. 5x over the last 4 nights.

May 11th (Tuesday)
..LE finds child buried - teeth and face smashed with hammer; lighter fluid used to destroy evidence.
..Stephanie and husband Nate arrested.

May 19th (Wednesday) **
Funeral service for Ethan in Grundy, Virginia
Burial for Ethan in Richland, Virginia.

**New Information

Thanks to all who took the time for suggestions, additions/corrections - used every one of them.

Warrant of Probable Cause: Most of the time-line comes from Probable Cause document. Quotes, LE media leases

Fellow sleuthers - please continue to let me know of updates, new information, corrections. Thanks for all your help!

Bringing the TL forward for reference - please note: Abuse stopped on May 8th - day before Mother's Day? Was this when he was dead? I think so!!

I think so too Eyes. Surely the ME could give a narrowed time line. My guess is the autopsy was able to show he was dead longer than SS and NS said.

http://www.examiner.com/x-40986-Sal...ews&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This one refrences the 6th amendment as well. I don't know if they are copying the previous reporter, or if that defense attorney doesn't know what he's talking about.
jmo

Hi, I am new here...lurked for awhile but this is my first post. This case simply haunts me and I will never understand how anybody could be so cruel and horrific. That poor baby. :(

I live in Salt Lake City and just wanted to add that I am positive that this is the reporter/editors mistake and not the attorney. Greg Skordas is one of the best defense attorneys in Utah and I am sure that he knows the difference between the 5th and the 6th amendments. Quite frankly, I am glad that he is not representing either one of these monsters (not that they stand a chance in hell of getting off).

Doubtful that SS and NS have any real assets, so they are stuck with a court appointed defender...

Welcome utmomof2. As you can see I've been here a little over 6 years and only 700-ish posts so I stay pretty quiet too. LOL This case has just put me over the edge though. I'm so angry and if I could get me hands on these 2 I promise there would be no reason for a trial - just two old pine boxes to throw their sorry arses in.

OT - I read this morning that he was on life support. RIP Gary -

I know everyone is having a hard time coping with Ethan's story. I know I am. It has been weeks, and my emotions are still as raw as the day the first details came to light. Please all, take comfort in that Ethan is no longer suffering. We may learn new details, but these are details that have come and gone. I feel dearly for Ethan's family. But I am sure as I do breath that Ethan is no longer suffering. I cry for this little boy and my heart hurts so much, but I also know he is okay now.

Courthouse security escalating and new rules: No phones, no signs in the courtroom. Will tweet when it's over. @fox13now #EthanStacy #Utah
wont let them have thier phones now

Anyone who doesn't believe in the dp should after watching that precious little boy and how much he loves his family and they love him. I love how they watched him and got down on the floor and played with him. He was so treasured and you can see it. They should play this clip at the sentencing so no one forgets what those monsters did and to who.

You know, there are people who are horrified about what happened in this case (and I am; this case bothers me almost as much as Sandra Cantu's and for Sandra I had reasons to be emotionally involved) and still haven't changed their minds about being against the death penalty.

Welcome utmomof2. As you can see I've been here a little over 6 years and only 700-ish posts so I stay pretty quiet too. LOL This case has just put me over the edge though. I'm so angry and if I could get me hands on these 2 I promise there would be no reason for a trial - just two old pine boxes to throw their sorry arses in.

BBM
I wouldn't waste a pine tree for these 2!!:furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members