CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same thought.

"He was at home and seemed in good spirits when I last spoke to him somewhere between 11 a.m. - 12pm. His son-in-law was there doing odd jobs as Dads new wife was returning from Missouri on Wed. 7/29/09. Heard son-in-law say he was going to the hardware store. When he returned the housekeeper was waiting outside and Dad was gone."

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2706/0

I find the language of this post extremely curious and always have. Like it was written by an attorney. "His son in law"-not my BIL JeM? "Heard SIL" I mean, it reads robotic. Or it was written by an attorney. Maybe.

Please continue here.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0115715a8189970c-250wi

Bob Harrod has been missing since July 27, 2009.
He was last seen at his residence by his son in law sometime after 10:00 am the morning of July 27.

Bobs disappearance is being investigated as a homicide and a 50,000 dollar reward is being offered for information about his disappearance.

Authorities are asking anyone with information about Harrod's disappearance to contact detective Dave Radomski at 714-993-8176, or contact the homicide hotline at 714-993-8166.

Bobs Charley Project page:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...od_robert.html

Bobs NamUs page:
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2706/0/

Links to previous threads:

Timeline and Media links only

Forensic Astrology - ROBERT HARROD LastSeen 7/27/09 Placentia, CA - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Links to individual posts containing court documents:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

court document link: CA CA - Bob Harrod-Documents No discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

See if this helps, shefner... I bolded timeline and media links for you...

Wonder if some of you guys that have followed Bob's case from the start...or near the start....would mind posting a couple links for new folks who might be visiting for the first time. Where could a new person find the basics about Bob's disappearance?

We've been doing that, however the search engine is currently disabled so it is kind of hard to find some links right now.

There are some links in the OP.

Will definately add more when the search engine is once again enabled.

ETA: I see believe09 found some.

Accounting for Conservatorship - Hearing Tomorrow, 5/7

HARROD – CONSERVATORSHIP
30-2009-00291267-PR-CE-LJC

(P) ACCOUNTING SCHEDULED FOR 05/07/2012 AT 09:00:00 AM IN L73 AT LAMOREAUX JUSTICE CENTER.

Snipped from Probate Notes:

REVIEWED DATE: 3/27/12

CONTINUED 1 TIME

PER MINUTE ORDER OF 3/26/12, ACCOUNTING CONTINUED TO 5/7/12 9AM
L73. PER EMAIL REQUEST FROM AARON CHARLES GREGG. LAST CONTINUANCE
WITHOUT AN APPEARANCE.

REQUIRES ALL ORIGINAL BANK STATEMENTS FOR BEGINNING TIME PERIOD
AS OF 5/5/10 TO BE FILED WITH THE COURT. STATEMENTS PROVIDED WERE
ONLY FOR ENDING PERIOD, HOWEVER, THEY WERE NOT SUFFICIENT, AS THEY
WERE ONLY THROUGH 5/27/11.

https://ocapps.occourts.org/ProbPubv2/Home.do

https://cfapps.occourts.org/calendars/probnotesroot/probnotesv3/30-2009-00291267-PR-CE-LJCM71444716.html

Bringing this over!

LOL, the hearing tomorrow....hopefully Mr Gregg will have everything all sorted out on what is required by the court. :)

Oh btw, all...forgot to mention that between posts, I found Bob's timeline thread. In post# 2: Fontelle spoke to Bob around 8pm Sunday, altho a moot point now. Bob's neighbors last saw him on Saturday.

Bob's timeline/media thread:

CA CA - Bob Harrod, Time Line and Media Links only - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Had trouble posting...meanwhile saw shefner's request and the responses. :) In general, the first post of the thread (even multiple threads for the same case) will have a lot of supporting info and links. Some cases have more detailed timeline/media info than others, and may have a separate timeline/media thread (such as Bob's, which I linked just above).

Wonder if some of you guys that have followed Bob's case from the start...or near the start....would mind posting a couple links for new folks who might be visiting for the first time. Where could a new person find the basics about Bob's disappearance?

Sorry to double quote your post shefner. I want to add there are several links carried over from previous threads into this thread. Catching up on this thread is a good start for those new or newer to Bob's case.

Once the search engine is enabled, we can carry over additional posts as questions arise.

hth and thank you for your interest in Mr. Harrod's case.

Two women in Bob's life, the housekeeper and his youngest daughter JuM.

Interesting to note the difference in eye contact and facial expression between the two on the only video we currently have available of them in regards to Bob's case.

Video #1, Bob's youngest daughter JuM interviewed in his home the day following his disappearance:

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=ac85bbd7-919c-45df-8bff-de9407f59354&src=front

Video #2, Bob's housekeeper A, taped for a future airing of Bob's case on Discovery ID's Disappeared:

http://investigation.discovery.com/videos/disappeared-sign-of-trouble.html

BBM.
Did Agnes actually say that she had spoke to Bob Monday morning? The appt. could have been set before Monday, IMO.

LE has said that the last person outside the family to speak to Bob was via telephone at about 10 am Monday morning. WS has speculated that perhaps he spoke with his housekeeper at that time but no official information as to who he spoke to was ever released (that I know of).

When did Fontelle last speak to Bob (presumably via phone from her home out-of-state)?

Fontelle was in Missouri and she last spoke with Bob on Sunday evening, after the "heated" family meeting Bob had with his three daughters.

The "Disappeared" clip (narrator) says that Agnes arrived at 10:00 and Jeff arrived about 15 minutes later.

That may have been an accidental misstatement. All other information to date was that the housekeeper arrived at 3 pm Monday afternoon.

Complicating matters (for me) is that I've seen posts claiming that the "Disappeared" program doesn't always get the facts straight and even embellishes a bit. I keep reminding myself that it's a television show so must have salt shaker on hand. That said, I'm still looking forward to seeing Bob's episode.

Well, any show that relies on re-enactments is bound to get details wrong. I'm hoping they stream online so I can watch it, though.

I find the language of this post extremely curious and always have. Like it was written by an attorney. "His son in law"-not my BIL JeM? "Heard SIL" I mean, it reads robotic. Or it was written by an attorney. Maybe.

For reference:

Aug 11, 2009 - Posted on IS
I called my dad that morning by telephone, he had obviously been getting quite a few phone calls that morning. Then I realized that my BIL was there and I DID hear him say he was going to the "hardware store". My dad responded to him in a favorable way. I told my dad that I would let him go and talk to him later. That was the last time that I spoke to him. Times vary as I could not tell you the exact time that I called Dad, I gave an approximate of sometime between 11 and 12 and found later it was probably after 11:30 a.m.

Aug 18, 2009 - Entered into NAMUS
Last Known Alive (LKA) entered as 12:00. “He was at home and seemed in good spirits when I last spoke to him somewhere between 11 a.m. - 12pm. His son-in-law was there doing odd jobs as Dads new wife was returning from Missouri on Wed. 7/29/09. Heard son-in-law say he was going to the hardware store. When he returned the housekeeper was waiting outside and Dad was gone. He did NOT take his car, but did have his keys and wallet. No contact or word has been heard from since.”

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/case_report_html/2706

Facebook setup for Bob to raise awareness, then turned over to and controlled by the daughters since August 2009. The two pics posted of Bob are from 1950 and 1958 (very helpful).

Finding Robert M Harrod (Missing Person)

Wall

There are no more posts to show.

Finding only shares some information publicly.

Wall Photos.

By Finding Robert M Harrod (Albums) · Updated over a year ago

http://www.facebook.com/people/Finding-Robert-M-Harrod/100000163033261#!/people/Finding-Robert-M-Harrod/100000163033261?sk=wall

Facebook setup for Bob to raise awareness, then turned over to and controlled by the daughters since August 2009. The two pics posted of Bob are from 1950 and 1958 (very helpful).

Wall

Wall Photos.

http://www.facebook.com/people/Finding-Robert-M-Harrod/100000163033261#!/people/Finding-Robert-M-Harrod/100000163033261?sk=wall

Agree, and one of the pictures is so blurry.

Court today for the Harrod daughters. Let's see if they are able to produce the statements the court is asking for.

Well, if the Disappeared timeline is closer, then Paula's "phone call to Dad" is dead in the water unless the hardware store was a block away. JMO.

Wall

Wall Photos.

What the H***?!! A FB page supposedly set up to help find a missing person and you can't view it (set to private?)! I really don't even know what to say....

Also, it really bugs me that the family seems to refer to Fontelle most of the time as "Dad's new wife" or just "Dad's wife". Way to be welcoming to a new member of the family, someone your father LOVED. Sheesh.

I think what fascinates me about this family is their behavior.

They are happy to have someone do the heavy lifting regarding creating awareness of the disappearance. Facebook, MySpace, findthemissing, In Sessions boards....Even if the discussion wasnt actually created by someone else to start, I can just about guarantee you that across all of them, some one other than these immediate family members is actually carrying the torch.

Then we have the lame attempt at a reward two years after the fact. A reward created out of Bob's money that has limitations regarding who can collect.

We have a boat load of motions, petitions, hearings and pontificating in court proceedings...not about the well being of Bob, but regarding the well being of his money.

I mean, dont they get it? Everyone sees through it. All of it. Every little shred of it. Even if they pretend they dont, they do. The wheels will really come off when the show is aired. Because not only people involved in the case be aware of all of this, but millions of total strangers will know too.

From Disappeared missing person profile page:

Disappeared – Season 5
Bob Harrod
Missing since July 27, 2009

Eighty-one year old Bob Harrod is walking on air when he reconnects with his long lost sweetheart Fontelle. In a whirlwind reunion after 60 years apart, the two are married and make plans for Fontelle to live with Bob in California. But while Fontelle is home in Missouri preparing for her cross-country move, Bob disappears. At first, police believe he may have suffered a health problem typical of his age. But as time goes on and Bob isn't found, they begin to suspect foul play. It's not long until a strong motive surfaces: Bob is a millionaire.

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv/disappeared/the-missing/index-tab-05.html

bumpity-so our readers know what the excitement is about. :)

About the Agnes clip-it appears to be Bob's house or a close facsimile. The only difference that stuck out at me was the chairlift/stairlift. Remember that from the nonsense memoribilia drama? There was some kind of weird insistance on the part of the daughters to keep the stairlift/chairlift in tact....if that is Bob's house clearly it is gone, and given the dimensions of the stairs, it must have been pretty tough trying to manoever up and down those stairs with the lift in the way.

I wonder if it was used a lot after Georgia died?

accounting for conservatorship - hearing tomorrow, 5/7

harrod – conservatorship
30-2009-00291267-pr-ce-ljc

(p) accounting scheduled for 05/07/2012 at 09:00:00 am in l73 at lamoreaux justice center.

snipped from probate notes:

reviewed date: 3/27/12

continued 1 time

per minute order of 3/26/12, accounting continued to 5/7/12 9am
l73. Per email request from aaron charles gregg. Last continuance
without an appearance.

requires all original bank statements for beginning time period
as of 5/5/10 to be filed with the court. Statements provided were
only for ending period, however, they were not sufficient, as they
were only through 5/27/11.

https://ocapps.occourts.org/probpubv2/home.do

[URL]https://cfapps.occourts.org/calendars/probnotesroot/probnotesv3/30-2009-00291267-pr-ce-ljcm71444716.html[/URL]

5/7 update in court records below. Not sure what happened but this was continued and the next hearing is 6/4.

• Minutes finalized for (p) accounting 05/07/2012 09:00:00 am.
  • Accounting continued to 06/04/2012 at 09:00 am in this department.

It appears the paperwork wasn't in order-a g a i n.

Like the handy man jobs and timeline, if there is nothing to hide in the accounting, why the repeated delays?

I think what fascinates me about this family is their behavior.

They are happy to have someone do the heavy lifting regarding creating awareness of the disappearance. Facebook, MySpace, findthemissing, In Sessions boards....Even if the discussion wasnt actually created by someone else to start, I can just about guarantee you that across all of them, some one other than these immediate family members is actually carrying the torch.

Then we have the lame attempt at a reward two years after the fact. A reward created out of Bob's money that has limitations regarding who can collect.

We have a boat load of motions, petitions, hearings and pontificating in court proceedings...not about the well being of Bob, but regarding the well being of his money.

I mean, dont they get it? Everyone sees through it. All of it. Every little shred of it. Even if they pretend they dont, they do. The wheels will really come off when the show is aired. Because not only people involved in the case be aware of all of this, but millions of total strangers will know too.

Oh, I don't know I'd say happy. By way of their actions or lack of, I get the impression they would prefer no awareness. As for the Disappeared show, Discovery ID airs world wide, so the potential audience is in the billions. I'm really excited about the show, can't wait until it airs! So glad Bob's case will be getting some national and international attention!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong