CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 2m2 minutes ago
Holmes' dad: Long chat 3 wks pre-#theatershooting = surprising but son didn't seem depressed. Fam planned trip. Live: http://link.kdvr.com/1LTcXWg

Course he wasn't acting depressed..He was on a mission..happy camper planning, putting his rules of engagement into practice..in fact he was tho not outwardly showing it..was euphoric in his own mind that he can finally followup on his wish..gain human capital, make a fool of his therapist, kill as many as he can, thwart any possible deference to his carrying out HIS MISSION!!

I wonder if the prosecution will cross examine the parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking yes -- The Big Guy is the one looking at the exhibit evidence, so it may be GB, IMO.

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 2m2 minutes ago
Holmes' dad: Long chat 3 wks pre-#theatershooting = surprising but son didn't seem depressed. Fam planned trip. Live: http://link.kdvr.com/1LTcXWg

Course he wasn't acting depressed..He was on a mission..happy camper planning, putting his rules of engagement into practice..in fact he was tho not outwardly showing it..was euphoric in his own mind that he can finally followup on his wish..gain human capital, make a fool of his therapist, kill as many as he can, thwart any possible deference to his carrying out HIS MISSION!!

Yes the floodgates were open. Thanks to the Zoloft.

This is so odd....almost like they were afraid of him....I can't shake the feeling that we don't know the whole story about this family

This is so odd....almost like they were afraid of him....I can't shake the feeling that we don't know the whole story about this family

I agree. There is more than meets the eye here.

I think us parents don't want to believe something is seriously wrong with our children so therefore we overlook things we shouldn't have.

His parents found out what he'd done from the media calling them. They thought he was a victim not the perpetrator.

Okay, if my son is ill when he's home for Christmas, and I'm concerned... find out his girlfriend broke up with him, he dropped out of graduate school (after trying to get in for a long while)...then a psychiatrist I didn't even know he'd been seeing calls to express her concern about him, and I'm leaving multiple messages that aren't returned...I'd be more than a little concerned, I'd be in Colorado.

I wonder why they didn't check on JH? Especially after letting his boss know he'd have to be gone for just that reason? I'm not suggesting it's his fault, but as a mom, this strikes me as strange, IMO

His parents have seen him 3 times since the shooting. Once just after July 20th. Then not for a while because the shooter refused visits.

At Christmas he had mono. It wasn't till months later parents heard from Fenton that he dropped out.

Okay, if my son is ill when he's home for Christmas, and I'm concerned... find out his girlfriend broke up with him, he dropped out of graduate school (after trying to get in for a long while)...then a psychiatrist I didn't even know he'd been seeing calls to express her concern about him, and I'm leaving multiple messages that aren't returned...I'd be more than a little concerned, I'd be in Colorado.

I wonder why they didn't check on JH? Especially after letting his boss know he'd have to be gone for just that reason? I'm not suggesting it's his fault, but as a mom, this strikes me as strange, IMO

I agree with everything you wrote.

I'm sure his mother left voice mails as well..but have to wait for her to take the stand in order to introduce them....

Here we go with Master Brauchler~~~~~~

Really??? Dad suddenly has a memory problem!

The dad doesn't remember the shooter going to therapy?

Thank goodness Mr. Brauchler is up for cross to get at the truth.

Can you imagine being up there on the stand and having to answer questions about your first born son?

I'm thinking that JH was able to hide his illness/problems from his folks because he was away from them & they didn't even talk on the phone very often -- it was all emails, essentially. Maybe a rare phone call.

I'm sure many of us didn't tell our folks everything we did when we were in college. I'm not offering any mitigation for him, just making an observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff