Who believes that Cindy should be prosecuted for perjury? Or is it just me...?

Someone said it should be between Cindy and God.

She and George sat in court with a Bible in their laps, swore an oath to tell
the truth and then lied!

I'm surprised that bible didn't catch on fire.

They had a public re-baptism and went right out and lied on TV again!
It takes very 'special' people to do that.
They're what my Dad would have called professional Christians- they use a Bible for image management.

with a straight face and without fear of repercussion, the defense team tells the jury, judge and anyone else who will listen, that casey is innocent of all charges, that they believe 100% in her innocence, and that they will provide evidence that proves ga is an incestuous pedophile - and we're worried about ca lying under oath to save her kid from the needle? no, i don't think ca should be prosecuted for perjury.

further, i don't think ca is responsible for casey's actions - the world is filled with parents that refuse to see the bad behavior in their children, that fail to discipline their children, that enable and even reinforce the bad behavior - but their children don't kill, don't commit murder. sometimes people are just broken, and there aren't any tidy explanations as to why.

also, i think cindy and george will manage. if nothing else they are officially brands, and corporate america loves brands, because they sell. book deals, tv deals, exclusive interviews, head of one foundation or another, etc., etc. - there will be no shortage of economic opportunity for the anthony's imo. which, ironically, will probably be the toughest thing for casey to take.

BBM. Yes, they will manage -- making blood money off their murdered grand-baby. Despicable. JMO.

And to my knowledge, there is no evidence that CA and GA felt anything but unconditional love for the granddaughter. Haven't they suffered enough?
Cindy has suffered, she cried on the stand. That's the only time I felt a shred of sympathy for her. George cried on the stand too. Yes, they felt the loss of Caylee. :hand: However, that does NOT give them the right to lie under oath, or any other time, nor obstruct justice. You didn't see the Dahmer, Hacking, or Kaczynski families act this way!:snooty: Why shouldn't they face the consequences of their actions for covering up for a murderer? Besides Casey hasn't yet been sentenced, so she hasn't gotten the Death Sentence yet, and it would still be years before it was ever carried out, so they can still visit her in prison. Noone will ever see Caylee again- how is that fair???

Honestly. I hate, hate to disagree with anyone. Although I do find myself disagreeing a lot...but I need this explained to me like a six year old. Seriously. Hearing so many who I assume to be normal folk so easily declare that lying to such a serious degree(need it all be repeated again?) is acceptable in any way has thrown me for a loop.

I ask because I am mystified. As mystified as we all are about ICA's behavior. For the very same reasons we don't let it go and why it might seem to be rude to some-but we just do not understand. I just do not understand.

I do not understand hearing folk say, "well, we don't know what we would do in their shoes." Yes! Yes I do, and so do many millions of others. Who's pain is worse than others? I can honestly say that if my loved one, who I love just as deeply as anyone loves-hurt another in such a manner-let alone a child: I could never lie for them. And, to think anything other than to lie about such a thing is wrong is not even something I thought a non evil person could think.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Again, I am sorry for the snark...it is there-I was so taught not to lie...there is nothing in my worldview that prepared me for this information.

I am sorry. Not for my opinion, just that it is not the same. I truly am looking for the answers to the pain of life, so no one ever has to suffer and I thought we had an agreement that the lying was wrong. :dunno:

Back to the drawing board. Mork calling Ork, come in Ork...our information needs to be updated. :peace: :earth:

ETA: And, how is that any different than Casey's attitude? That is the exact sentiment she was given: if it is about me then anything I do can be justified. It is the same thing and it is what killed Caylee. IMHO.

Exactly. The lawyers on their thread have already explained why perjury is nearly impossible to prove. CA was asked about computer searches from three years ago. She gave erroneous answers.

But proving those answers were deliberately false and not just lapses of memory is another matter entirely. I don't care how many posters here "know" in their gut that she "lied."

Moreover, whatever harm she did was cured by the State in its rebuttal.

And to my knowledge, there is no evidence that CA and GA felt anything but unconditional love for the granddaughter. Haven't they suffered enough?

Jesus Christ, people can be cruel
!

Respectfully Nova
BBM

How is it more cruel to point out that someone did something cruel? I ask oh, so respectfully. Explain it to me like I am your child. I mean that in the purest sense.

Thank you in advance. :bow:

Absolutely not !!!!
With DP on the table, many a parent would lie IMO. One of the many reason why I am so vehemently opposed to DP, since it punishes innocent parents/close relatives.
It is insane to expect a normal mother to assist the prosecution in obtaining DP. That is why in many countries(even those with no DP), do not require parents to testify against their own children. For some obscure reason, that privilege only exists for spouses in the USA.
Has not she suffered more than enough already?
It would be barbaric/inhumane to charge her with anything. She had nothing to do with Caylee's violent death. Unless you want to blame Cindy for loving Caylee too much and thereby soliciting ICA's wrath. All IMO of course.
And I bet the wonderful JP would agree with me.

Those who are sympathetic toward CA should ask themselves this, if the defendant were a serial killer would it still be okay for them to help hide evidence and testify falsely to prevent justice from being served?
i don't think she should be prosecuted, not because i sympathize with her plight or reasons, but because it would be a waste of time, money and energy - nothing would be served. the state has won this thing, casey is going away for a very long time. as such the notion of the state then turning it's attention to cindy when it's over strikes me as patently absurd. i mean think about it, really. what sort of case against cindy could the da possibly hope to put together? all cindy's attorney would have to do is comb through her time sheets to find a gap when she wasn't punching in data - bingo, cindy says she misremembered, it wasn't the 17th when she was at home, but the 12th, the day of the gap. same goes with any other "misstatements" anyone tried to bring up. then she adds that she was taking meds during that time for good measure. sure, i think she lied, but i saw nothing that couldn't be easily defended in court. and that's probably why those that commit perjury are almost never prosecuted, despite the fact that perjury is committed every day of the week. heck, how many folks in this trial lied under oath? i can think of at least half a dozen off the top of my head. nature of the beast. and for those that are worried about what sort of message it would send if she wasn't prosecuted, well that message was sent long before the likes of ca ever took the stand.

Is there a limitation on how soon perjury charges need to be brought if they are going to be?

Would the trial outcome influence the decision to charge Cindy with perjury (for example, if Casey is found not guilty).

Well, all I can say is that IF it were considered ok to lie like CA has lied for KC, there wouldn't be a law against it. We cannot pick and choose which laws we want to abide. We must adhere to them all. Those who do not follow the laws should face the appropriate punishment. It really is just that simple.

Cindy has suffered, she cried on the stand. That's the only time I felt a shred of sympathy for her. George cried on the stand too. Yes, they felt the loss of Caylee. :hand: However, that does NOT give them the right to lie under oath, or any other time, nor obstruct justice. You didn't see the Dahmer, Hacking, or Kaczynski families act this way!:snooty: Why shouldn't they face the consequences of their actions for covering up for a murderer? Besides Casey hasn't yet been sentenced, so she hasn't gotten the Death Sentence yet, and it would still be years before it was ever carried out, so they can still visit her in prison. Noone will ever see Caylee again- how is that fair???

LinasK, I'm not saying that whatever perjury CA (I don't know about GA) committed was "okay." I'm saying that putting grieving grandparents in jail for trying to keep their daughter alive is too much.

On the whole, their testimony was NOT helpful to KC. While still on the stand, GA basically said KC was guilty. They will have to live with that for the rest of their lives (along with anything they may have done that helped to trigger the murder itself). Enough is enough!

From The Merchant of Venice:

PORTIA
The quality of mercy is not strain'd,
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath: it is twice blest;
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes....

If all Cindy did was to get on the stand and lie for Casey, that could be argued as different(ETA: from a mother/parent's perspective). We are taking this whole case into account. It is not just that Cindy wants to "save" her child. It is that she has been willing to "kill" Caylee, Casey, Jesse, George, Lee, Amy, Richard, her own mother and father...she has done things to people that could have and may have ruined lives.

If Cindy did this to the people who think it is okay that she did this stuff, I would still be mad that she did it to you-even if you would think it was okay... does that make sense? I don't get the "cruel" comments and the reactions to people who are saying it is wrong to hurt people for ANY reason.

Is that wrong? Is that cruel? Is that not loving?

:twocents:

Now if Cindy Anthony were to flip off either the defense or prosecution she could have gotten 6 days in the Graybar Hotel along with a monetary fine and court costs.

Oh the irony.

BBM

But isn't that pretty much what she was doing?She used words or stories, if you will,but it meant the same thing IMO :furious:

If all Cindy did was to get on the stand and lie for Casey, that could be argued as different. We are taking this whole case into account. It is not just that Cindy wants to "save" her child. It is that she has been willing to "kill" Caylee, Casey, Jesse, George, Lee, Amy, Richard, her own mother and father...she has done things to people that could have and may have ruined lives.

If Cindy did this to the people who think it is okay that she did this stuff, I would still be mad that she did it to you-even if you would think it was okay... does that make sense? I don't get the "cruel" comments and the reactions to people who are saying it is wrong to hurt people for ANY reason.

Is that wrong? Is that cruel? Is that not loving?

:twocents:

What are we talking about? If Cindy Anthony is guilty of attempted murder, then she should be prosecuted for that.

Cindy Anthony has cost the State of Florida millions and millions of dollars. She has made quite a substantial amount of money and I fully expect that she and George will go on a media blitz when this is over.

I have never witnessed so many lies. and why people continue to excuse them is beyond my tolerance. I don't feel for either of them. They have put the Sheriff's office through living hell. They have had fake searches, fake sightings. They have destroyed evidence. They have demanded looking for a live Caylee for two years...when all along they knew their daughter did something terrible to her and Caylee was no longer alive. This is ridiculous. She should be held accountable. Her lies will continue, for that is how she lives her life. Swearing on a bible means nothing to these two.

AZLawyer and SoCalLawyer have explained repeatedly on the lawyer's thread that it simply isn't possible to prosecute every family member who lies for a relative. The entire court system would grind to a halt. For one thing, perjury is almost impossible to prove, no matter how much posters here think they "know" CA lied on purpose.

In my experience, jurors are instructed to consider that a witness may be biased and to take that bias into consideration when weighing the testimony.

I was a juror on a murder case where the killer was claiming self-defense. The victim was unarmed, but the killer's best friend testified that he had heard the victim say he was going to "shoot" the defendant. A crowd was present and nobody else heard the remark. So we jurors just figured the friend was trying to help the defendant and ignored that testimony. THAT's how perjury is usually handled and that's probably what the jury will do in this case. They'll recognize that a mother wanted to save her child.

Absolutely not !!!!
With DP on the table, many a parent would lie IMO. One of the many reason why I am so vehemently opposed to DP, since it punishes innocent parents/close relatives.
It is insane to expect a normal mother to assist the prosecution in obtaining DP. That is why in many countries(even those with no DP), do not require parents to testify against their own children. For some obscure reason, that privilege only exists for spouses in the USA.
Has not she suffered more than enough already?
It would be barbaric/inhumane to charge her with anything. She had nothing to do with Caylee's violent death. Unless you want to blame Cindy for loving Caylee too much and thereby soliciting ICA's wrath. All IMO of course.
And I bet the wonderful JP would agree with me.

If JP agrees,why did he fight so hard to get the death penalty for Judith Beunanao when he prosecuted her? She poisened her husband. JP attended her execution by the electric chair.

Cindy's actions have never been in the best interest of Casey. LE told George and Cindy if Cindy did not STOP what she was doing it was going to be bad for Casey, you know the daughter she loves so much...and it was going to make it so Caylee would never be found. Let me repeat that, LE told Cindy Anthony and George Anthony that if CINDY continued behaving in the manner that she had been that it was going to cause TERRIBLE consequences and she did not stop.

It is being said that those who feel what Cindy has done is wrong, the lying is just the icing on the cake- are being "cruel" or do not have sympathy-so to me it is a case of blaming the messenger. :twocents:

AZLawyer and SoCalLawyer have explained repeatedly on the lawyer's thread that it simply isn't possible to prosecute every family member who lies for a relative. The entire court system would grind to a halt. For one thing, perjury is almost impossible to prove, no matter how much posters here thing they "know" CA lied on purpose.

In my experience, jurors are instructed to consider that a witness may be biased and to take that bias into consideration when weighing the testimony.

I was a juror on a murder case where the killer was claiming self-defense. The victim was unarmed, but the killer's best friend testified that he had heard the victim say he was going to "shoot" the defendant. A crowd was present and nobody else heard the remark. So we jurors just figured the friend was trying to help the defendant and ignored that testimony. THAT's how perjury is usually handled and that's probably what the jury will do in this case. They'll recognize that a mother wanted to save her child.
The state already proved she lied. It doesn't have anything to do what posters believe.

Respectfully Nova
BBM

How is it more cruel to point out that someone did something cruel? I ask oh, so respectfully. Explain it to me like I am your child. I mean that in the purest sense.

Thank you in advance. :bow:

Chiquita, I would never speak to you as if you were a child. I have no reason to do so.

I don't think the Anthonys are perfect, by any means. But they have lost their beloved grandchild and their only daughter is facing the death penalty.

Certainly, perjury is wrong. But I don't think you can prove it in this case and even if you could, I don't think we need to clog our justice system prosecuting grieving parents who at worst are trying to save their child.

Pointing out that CA probably lied about the searches? Fine. Putting her in prison for trying to keep the needle out of her daughter's arm? Too much.

As I've already said. The jurors will figure out what CA did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back