TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I concur. But it does make me think that perhaps the person following her was not the person threatening her, if she was in fact being threatened and left out of fear.

Interesting that she had made arrangements to meet her dh at the house with the kids, but was compelled to leave them before he got there and leave in a hurry. My knee jerk is that she did not want to see her dh, but was honoring the arrangement for some reason.

That could support leaving on her own accord/leaving out of fear of something/being involved in an accident due to being distraught/being harmed either by a stranger or someone known to her.

Or they could have decided to meet at the base of the mountain out of ear shot of the kids. I believe someone read where the last ping of her phone was on Mountain Creek Rd. That is where his mother lives and didn't he say that he was at his mother's prior to going to the house?

Raccoon Mt. Pumped Resevoir belongs TVA. If I remember correctly it is fenced in for the most part and they would notice if the fenced was destroyed...

It produces power during the summer.

I mentioned this location earlier...and would find it hard to believe they wouldn't allow access to fish ..at least. ? I now notice there are caves, caverns, and a campsite to the south...also a reservation to the east. Also the area around the mental hospital are very remote. ?
I'll attach a map of areas including it and other areas we have discussed. Locals........would appreciate your input about the areas around Raccoon Mountain. Thanks!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Ridgerock+Dr,+Signal+Mountain,+TN+37377&daddr=W+road,+Signal+Mountain,+TN+to:Mountain+Creek+Road,+Chattanooga,+TN+to:Courtney+Lane,+Chattanooga,+TN+to:Raccoon+Mountain+Pumped+Station+Reserve,+TN+to:319+West+Hills+Drive,+Chattanooga,+TN+37419+(Raccoon+Mtn.+Caverns+%26+Campground)+to:100+Moccasin+Bend+Road,+Chattanooga,+TN+37405+(Moccasin+Bend+Mental+Health+Institute)&hl=en&geocode=FcBfGAIdNO3p-imliiM8v_VgiDFPTUvTlFhlOA%3BFd0XGAIdrSjq-iGC-TJY6mMHVQ%3BFQoQGAIdukrq-in75JzsfPVgiDE4n82yt0X4Ow%3BFcuaGAIdM7Lq-ikp-AXTKfVgiDH4EVIBUved3A%3BFcTKFgIdturo-ikhqUBvgllgiDH6bFzB74yxjw%3BFZ9kFgIda8Lo-iEejEWwH2E76w%3BFaRzFgIdVd_p-iHgqxPz61ykXw&mra=ls&sll=35.096316,-85.33905&sspn=0.25843,0.43808&ie=UTF8&ll=35.104181,-85.327377&spn=0.258405,0.43808&z=11

I apologize, I am soooo far behind on all of this due to the tragedy in Joplin, MO--have friends there and blah blah that does not matter right now but it took me away from all of this and I am so behind, I have spent the last hour trying to catch up and I don't feel caught up at all.

I went to one of the links on here--I think the times free press one and did I see a comment by someone naming the first name of MP's alleged girlfriend?? And how they were carrying on around work. If this is the case let me first just say I do agree with going back to the whole amber frey case and how she was clueless that Scott Peterson was married. I wish if there was a GF she would come forward although I can imagine that is very difficult. From other things I am reading it still looks like there is ZERO to go on and someone please correct me if I am wrong. Nothing is new.

I did see the reports on the letter wanting some personal belongings to from Gail's friend back. Really? This is a concern of MP. I cannot get off the jeep. Where in the hell is that jeep at????? That is what leads my gut to some sort of accident and that is why it has not been found. Is it still true no one is speaking out--any other family members? Matt's family members?

I am also reading posts about abuse, which is a term that can be widely used. You shove someone and if that spouse calls 911 it's considered abuse, most times we hear abuse and we think the absolute worse kind of abuse.

sorry to be all over the board here, i am just trying to catch up---I need an app for my balckberry so I can check it out during the day when I am at work! I hate being this behind as this case is constantly on my mind!!!

sorry, am I allowed to use the word hell on her? if not I apologize

I feel like a broken record, but:

1. Something has happened to Gail. As I think many of us have said many times, it may be accident, foul play, suicide, in hiding, or any number of things. However, we know from family, friends, and the media that this is not usual behavior, that her vehicle has not been found, that there have been no sightings. This points directly to accident or foul play or suicide.

1.A. If it was accident, it would be a heck of a coincidence if someone who was afraid she was being followed, scared of her husband, having to call 911 3 times for domestic issues, etc. would end up in an accident so freakish that it hid her, her car, and her cell phone from weeks of searches by multiple people.

1.B. Her actions recently of getting paperwork together, changing her retirement account PINs, having people hold things for safekeeping do not speak to someone who is going to commit suicide. Rather, they are the actions of someone planning for the future.

2. If foul play, we have to look at motive. Who has a motive? Sure, it could be some unnamed, unknown person that there has been no trace of as yet. There might be a killer, a drunk driver, an ex-boyfriend, former coworker, who knows. We'll call him Mr. Hypothetical. But again, it would be a crazy coincidence if someone who was scared and frightened and embroiled in problems with her husband would get involved in an encounter with Mr. Hypothetical instead.

2.A. Matt is the only person that we know of based on media and family sources who has motive: Custody of the kids and having the "marital funds", he has reportedly been angry with Gail, it's rumored he has a mistress, etc. I am saying this with the caveat that this does not mean I am personally accusing Matt. This is speculation and I am trying to explain why I am approaching my own speculation from this particular angle.

3. Matt has a history of exaggerating situations or stating things that no one can confirm. For example, he said Gail disappeared all the time; later we discovered they were in the midst of a separation. That puts a whole new context on her leaving the house frequently. Or when he said Gail was disturbed, her friends and family denied it and LE said they had turned up nothing to confirm Matt's claim.

4. Matt is using his PI to try to get potential evidence -- either for the missing persons case or the divorce -- from Arlene before LE/Gail can get to it.

5. Matt didn't call LE until Diane urged him to do so 2 days after Gail went missing. He hasn't cared to search for Gail at all. If this was a case of him thinking she had run off and so he was just letting her go, surely by now he would realize something else is going on.

6. Someone in comments on other sites has been trying to trash Gail and saying we're embarrassing Matt by even looking into the case. Someone anonymously called people handing out missing persons fliers to tell them to stop because it was embarrassing Matt.

I know and accept and fully acknowledge we have no proof that anyone, least of all Matt, did anything wrong. Absolutely. There is no question. However, I speculate based on the things I have learned, which I have listed above.

I hope you can understand why some of us feel the way we do about what may have happened to Gail.

No one has to agree with my/our opinions, of course, but this constant slamming of some of us is getting old. I genuinely care about this case, and I would rather spend this time trying to find Gail.

Me, slamming someone? No, I don't think so... Perhaps you responded to the wrong person.

Why 8:00 or 9:00 that evening? I'm asking because I've been very concerned as to what happened between about 12:15 when she was last seen that day and when people started realizing she was missing. Were you speculating that is about the time people would realize something was wrong?

No, when the kids would go to bed.

I wasn't referring specifically to MP with the duck comment. I just find that very obvious documented truths are being refuted, denied, spun, and turned around. That was what I was referring to.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if Matt did something sinister. I imagine a man who is the 'life of the party', smooth and charming, probably fantastic to everyone when everything is going his way. However, when things do not go as planned, well, watch out!

But, I am trying to keep an open mind. Besides, I don't know the guy personally, so I could be way off base.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if Matt did something sinister. I imagine a man who is the 'life of the party', smooth and charming, probably fantastic to everyone when everything is going his way. However, when things do not go as planned, well, watch out!

But, I am trying to keep an open mind.

I think we all have seen situations like this happen. The threat of having everything taken away or changing your wonderful life plans can lead to something awful.

As you said, always keep an open mind, but time and time again we have seen it happen---watch someone start to lose their power and status and it does crazy things to the mind.....

I apologize, I am soooo far behind on all of this due to the tragedy in Joplin, MO--have friends there and blah blah that does not matter right now but it took me away from all of this and I am so behind, I have spent the last hour trying to catch up and I don't feel caught up at all.

I went to one of the links on here--I think the times free press one and did I see a comment by someone naming the first name of MP's alleged girlfriend?? And how they were carrying on around work. If this is the case let me first just say I do agree with going back to the whole amber frey case and how she was clueless that Scott Peterson was married. I wish if there was a GF she would come forward although I can imagine that is very difficult. From other things I am reading it still looks like there is ZERO to go on and someone please correct me if I am wrong. Nothing is new.

I did see the reports on the letter wanting some personal belongings to from Gail's friend back. Really? This is a concern of MP. I cannot get off the jeep. Where in the hell is that jeep at????? That is what leads my gut to some sort of accident and that is why it has not been found. Is it still true no one is speaking out--any other family members? Matt's family members?

I am also reading posts about abuse, which is a term that can be widely used. You shove someone and if that spouse calls 911 it's considered abuse, most times we hear abuse and we think the absolute worse kind of abuse.

sorry to be all over the board here, i am just trying to catch up---I need an app for my balckberry so I can check it out during the day when I am at work! I hate being this behind as this case is constantly on my mind!!!

bolded by me.

KathyJ, the girlfriend situation in this case is different in some aspects from the Amber Frey situation. Hope I'm not telling you something you don't already know, but Amber was a long-distance girlfriend whose friends had introduced Scott as an available single man; they didn't know he was married, either. Their meetings took place many miles away from his residence. In the case of MP, the girlfriend (allegedly--but I believe it's true) works (or worked) at the same place as him so I'm sure she was aware he was married. That's just my guess but if she also lives in Signal Mtn. then it's such a small town, where it appears that everyone knows everyone else, I don't see how she could claim to not know.

Amber stood up and did the right thing....somehow I don't think this gf is going to do that. But I could be wrong. If there is something for her to report, it would be wonderful if she did contact LE.

bolded by me.

KathyJ, the girlfriend situation in this case is different in some aspects from the Amber Frey situation. Hope I'm not telling you something you don't already know, but Amber was a long-distance girlfriend whose friends had introduced Scott as an available single man; they didn't know he was married, either. Their meetings took place many miles away from his residence. In the case of MP, the girlfriend (allegedly--but I believe it's true) works (or worked) at the same place as him so I'm sure she was aware he was married. That's just my guess but if she also lives in Signal Mtn. then it's such a small town, where it appears that everyone knows everyone else, I don't see how she could claim to not know.

Amber stood up and did the right thing....somehow I don't think this gf is going to do that. But I could be wrong. If there is something for her to report, it would be wonderful if she did contact LE.

Yep, your are correct in all those statements. In this case I have to believe the alleged girlfriend is well aware of what is going on.

IMO opinion if this was me, I would be coming forward at this point to keep my butt out of trouble. Then again we don't know what she knows or what MP has told her. Am I still commenting on rumor or has she been established as fact.

Yep, your are correct in all those statements. In this case I have to believe the alleged girlfriend is well aware of what is going on.

IMO opinion if this was me, I would be coming forward at this point to keep my butt out of trouble. Then again we don't know what she knows or what MP has told her. Am I still commenting on rumor or has she been established as fact.

I believe the gf is totally aware of what is going on, too.

I don't want to call her a "rumor" because that sounds too much like idle gossip to me, but I suppose that legally you'd have to refer to her existence as "hearsay".

I don't know if you read RWB's post, but apparently it's well known at BCBS that they were involved and now that Gail is missing they have been involved more openly. She also lost her job at BCBS. Now why would they do that? Anyway, to be fair I guess it's still all hearsay.

It looks like they're still going ahead with air searches and another volunteer search is being put together:

Now agencies say they're planning an air search for that red Jeep Rubicon.

Friends and family are organizing another search party. They're asking for people with ATVs to help search more trails this weekend.

You can find more information on the "Bring Gail Home Now" Facebook page.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14716286

I am not as puzzled that she came back after one night. It seems reasonable that one night might have been what was needed for each of them to "cool off". It would further make sense if she planned to meet someone in TN the next day. That, of course, we do not know.

Originally Posted by 10EC_Dad
So it is still unknown who she was rushing out to meet. That would be valuable to know.

Again, I think we can discount a drug dealer for now.

Was it Matt, and if so, it is possible they did not want to meet in front of the kids.

Whoa!! This has really spun out of control.. Talk about creating a rumor mill.. This is downright scary some things that are now being alluded to as if they were ever even discussed as possibilities..

Multiple posts containing this nonsense about possibilities of drug dealers when the TRUTH of the matter is that a member posted pages back a totally different case and was not even alluding to the drug involvement even remotely being a possibility.. Yet somehow it has been picked out and alluded to repeatedly as a possibility... Wth???????

Then a very valid and relevant concern such as Gails less than 24 hour stay in Alabama even tho had plans with a friend in Alabama which were not even cancelled.. This is said to not be relevant or a valid concern but a SPECULATION OF WHO WAS GAIL IN SUCH A HURRY TO GO MEET.. with a lover and again drug dealer thrown into the mix.. Both of those no more relevant than a man in the moon.. Again wth?????

Along with this repainting being overly suggested and why Gail would do so when it is nothing more than a figment of an imagination, at best(along with drug dealer and lover)..

This so very disheartening!! It seems as tho gailss productive thread has been taken over with over inflated imaginative irrelevant rumors..
Downright harmful if anything..

Rumor mill is the last thing we want going on here and seem to have done a mighty fine and productive job here on Gails threads that is minus the nonsensical items described above...

Prayers tonight for Gail and her family and that answers come to light sooner rather than later..

Back to catching up am in Memphis and we're in the middle of these God awful tornadoes AGAIN!!!

I believe the gf is totally aware of what is going on, too.

I don't want to call her a "rumor" because that sounds too much like idle gossip to me, but I suppose that legally you'd have to refer to her existence as "hearsay".

I don't know if you read RWB's post, but apparently it's well known at BCBS that they were involved and now that Gail is missing they have been involved more openly. She also lost her job at BCBS. Now why would they do that? Anyway, to be fair I guess it's still all hearsay.

Pollywog also mentioned that s/he has relatives at BCBS who haven't heard anything of the affair.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6553585&postcount=885"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3[/ame]

You never know when it comes to office gossip. However, it's interesting that the name mentioned on other websites happens to correlate with someone who does work at Matt's office.

I am going to start a new thread in a bit. Maybe we can start over and leave the rumors behind.
Thanks everyone that is concerned and interested in finding Gail.

So I'm finally going through tonight's media links, and I see that The Associated Press has picked up on the story -- good news! Also interesting from the AP article:

Authorities also plan to look in Lake Jordan, Ala., where Palmgren and her husband own a lake house, according to the Chattanooga Times Free Press.

A court ruling is expected June 3 on a motion by Matthew Palmgren seeking legal separation, exclusive use of the couple's house and custody of their two children.

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/view/story/52d01e6380eb4fddb580031322451dad/TN--Woman-Missing/

Whoops -- JBean, if it's okay, can we post the AP article bit I just posted in the new thread, too?

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137536"]TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10