IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not really clear or convinced of the 2:30 sighting. It seems like that would be when the aunt actually talked to someone and they said they had seen the girls

Watching HLN now...

As a local, this is the first we are hearing about someone seeing the girls at the lake. Why is this being said now by the aunt. I got a bad vibe from the aunt.

The 2:30 sighting does not make sense. The grandmother was the last person to see the girls at 12:15 (give or take).

Hmmm...

I thought Lyric's parents and aunt were very believable.

You DO NOT know how you will act until you face the situation. Really...Really....you don't know. You might think you will be frantic...but in your attempt to hold it together, and with your adrenaline flowing, you can come off very calm. Your mind is in rejection of the notion that something is wrong...otherwise you would go absolutely berserk and lose control.

I am one of those people who is in control during crisis. My husband says its the freakiest thing he's ever seen. But I fall apart after the crisis is done....and have weeks of recovery to get over the event.

The mom or the aunt said she asked her mom to drive to the lake. Why would she immediately think of the lake? If the girls had not told them or gm they were going there, it seems odd that it was the first thought.

well, the time frame sure changed, didn't it? (1130 vs 1215)

grandma was the one to last see them... I bet they confirmed the time change by ccvid at the strip mall

:moo:

I'm not clear on how busy this bike path/lake area was on that Friday afternoon. If there were people fishing or even just walking or riding by, wouldn't they have noticed the girls swimming in the lake?

I have no idea what to think happened here.

So, dad says he was told the bikes were facing west when found and man who aunt talked to at the lake when searching said he saw the girls heading east at 2:30pm.

I think they need to take a good look at this "man" who saw them at 2:30.

Thanks for the play by play everyone.
Since I was not able to watch it - was it Misty & Dan Morrissey and the aunt - Heather Collins? Or a different aunt?

Who went looking at the lake at 2:45? Grandma and Misty (Lyric's mom) and brother?

So the man at the lake had just seen them 15 minutes prior??? Wow!

The mom or the aunt said she asked her mom to drive to the lake. Why would she immediately think of the lake? If the girls had not told them or gm they were going there, it seems odd that it was the first thought.

according to what posters reported from the show/interview it was a common place for them to ride (logical first place to check)

So the timeframe was pushed back a bit and we still don't have a confirmed last sighting time yet. I hope they clarify. It would seem strange to me if they were away and out of sight of the house for 3+ hours of bike riding on a hot day.

Oh, and I also hope they aren't in that lake. That would be truly horrific :(

we have to also keep in mind that LE has been quoted as saying that there have been no other sightings of the girls.. so the kids the guy says he saw could have been different kids, etc etc etc

Watching HLN now...

As a local, this is the first we are hearing about someone seeing the girls at the lake. Why is this being said now by the aunt. I got a bad vibe from the aunt.

The 2:30 sighting does not make sense. The grandmother was the last person to see the girls at 12:15 (give or take).

Hmmm...

I doubt these families have had much sleep/rest since this started. I would think it would be easy to misspeak without meaning to do so. I'm not saying that the aunt did, I'm just saying that when one is tired, it's not hard to get confused about dates/times.

I'm still not really clear or convinced of the 2:30 sighting. It seems like that would be when the aunt actually talked to someone and they said they had seen the girls

It was my understanding from previous reports that the grandmother initiated her own search around 2:00pm. Therefore it would seem the 2:30pm statement would be more like someone having seen them earlier - such as someone who grandmother or family talked to at 2:30pm?

I missed part of JVM's program. Was it clarified that the 12:15pm last sighting was in error or was it just the grandmother who hadn't seen them since 11:30am?

:waitasec:

MOO

I'm not clear on how busy this bike path/lake area was on that Friday afternoon. If there were people fishing or even just walking or riding by, wouldn't they have noticed the girls swimming in the lake?

I have no idea what to think happened here.

I agree. If the Aunt asked several people had they seen them, definitely paints a different picture than what I first thought (which was its a rural dirt path). Based on the Aunt sounds more like a hang out spot.

So, dad says he was told the bikes were facing west when found and man who aunt talked to at the lake when searching said he saw the girls heading east at 2:30pm.

I think they need to take a good look at this "man" who saw them at 2:30.

It would be right if they were heading east at the top (north) of the lake when the man saw them and then as they circle around at the bottom (south) of the lake they would begin heading west - leaving the bikes facing that way.

Wow! The Aunt is surely well informed giving some very important information that we did not her from LE.

Does the LE know this info? Is this info made up? The LE would not hide info because they want to put out an accurate timeline.

LE should start collecting garbage where the bikes were found for DNA profiles.

Does the LE know this info? Is this info made up? The LE would not hide info because they want to put out an accurate timeline.

Why would she make up info?
LE most definitely keeps a lot of information close to the vest. I have no idea if this is the case here, but they are often loathe to share info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong