LDS Theories -- Relations to LeBarons/Chenoweths

I still think for people that "religious" there's a big difference between the crimes you mentioned and the lack of modesty inherent to stripping. There's nothing sexual about bank robbery. Did the LeBarons run a brothel or anything remotely sexual as a form of criminal employment? And more importantly do they carry the defective heart gene that FLEK had? Because that would make this pretty open and closed. There's been tons of documentation on the hereditary birth defects these clans have caused with inbreeding and I'm sure someone with their toes already in those waters could find out pretty easily if FLEK's mutant heart gene is one carried by the LeBarons or not. As someone has already mentioned upthread, this clinging to a LeBaron connection despite the lack of any indication of one whatsoever seems to be working the case backwards to me, trying to rearrange the facts to fit a pre-imagined story rather than following the facts to the truth. If it turns out that clan does carry her mutant heart gene, well, what a heck of an intuition. But as of now there's no more evidence that she was an FLDS of any faction than there is that she was an alien abductee.

I agree. She has unique and distinctive features which would be easy to see in pictures of her that we haven't seen before. If you look at people's childhood photos, most of the time you can totally "see" that person in the face. It's been 30 years since I graduated and yet the folks I graduated with look pretty much the same in many ways to me. Just because a missing person has a similar hair color doesn't mean they "look like" LEK.

Actually, Jacquilne Lebaron is the only one who looks anything like her (in that one photo where JL is younger) in my opinion--and they're clearly two different people.

this clinging to a LeBaron connection despite the lack of any indication of one whatsoever seems to be working the case backwards to me, trying to rearrange the facts to fit a pre-imagined story rather than following the facts to the truth.

Although I was the one who originally posted the Jacqueline LeBaron info here last year in 2012, I am not trying to fit facts in a pre-imagined story line. I stumbled across LeBaron's facial image while searching google images and the search term "Arizona". Her image, height, hands, timeline, history, and location were striking to me so I shared it. At that time, we had much less information on LEK and many members were searching yearbooks for facial images. Many members have viewed hundreds of images...some thousands of images. If that is working the case backwards, I guess we are all guilty!

I see you have 4 posts and have been a member for less than a week. I would like to welcome you to WS! Glad you are here, and welcome your opinions and outlook!

I'm not convinced she's related to the LeBarons (although, FWIW, Ervil died of a heart attack and others have committed suicide). But I don't think discussing the possibilities is any more far-fetched than trying to match her to yearbook photos or missing persons reports. I don't see how we can't work this case backward, frankly.

The LeBaron possibility is intriguing. The physical resemblance to Jacqueline is there. Is there a website/support group for former members of that group? Maybe they could be persuaded to have a look at LEK's pictures to see if they recognize her.

Some of you are coming up with some very good ideas. One of them may pan out.

I'm not convinced she's related to the LeBarons (although, FWIW, Ervil died of a heart attack and others have committed suicide). But I don't think discussing the possibilities is any more far-fetched than trying to match her to yearbook photos or missing persons reports. I don't see how we can't work this case backward, frankly.

She definitely carries the "heart issues" gene and she committed suicide, too. Is there a predisposition in families to commit suicide or have depression leading to suicide? Like I and several others have said, Jacqueline LeBaron is the ONLY one of the pictures that have been posted who actually really DOES look like she could be related to LEK. LeBaron has more of a "chin" than LEK does; LEK is much rounder in the chin area but otherwise I do think they resemble each other.

Has anybody thought that maybe she chose Texas to relocate to because she may have been in touch with someone from her past? We don't know who she kept in contact with; perhaps someone knew she swapped her identity and why she did it.

She definitely carries the "heart issues" gene and she committed suicide, too. Is there a predisposition in families to commit suicide or have depression leading to suicide? Like I and several others have said, Jacqueline LeBaron is the ONLY one of the pictures that have been posted who actually really DOES look like she could be related to LEK. LeBaron has more of a "chin" than LEK does; LEK is much rounder in the chin area but otherwise I do think they resemble each other.

Has anybody thought that maybe she chose Texas to relocate to because she may have been in touch with someone from her past? We don't know who she kept in contact with; perhaps someone knew she swapped her identity and why she did it.

There appears to be a genetic component to suicide, although environmental factors obviously play a big role:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/10/111007113941.htm

If you look at the history of the LeBarons who eventually broke away, many of them seem to have gone to Mexico or Central America, but returned to the US later, so it's certainly possible she was in Texas because relatives (non-murdery ones) were there.

Regarding the transgender issue: the family stated she was undergoing fertility treatments and finally ended up having IVF. I myself have experienced SECONDARY UNEXPLAINED infertility and went through the whole process up to but NOT including IVF. I was examined head to toe and genetically tested by my RE. She would have done the same and the RE would have mentioned if she had man parts. Plus, who's to say it wasn't Blake that was the problem, not her.( bad swimmers) I bet the Ruffs wouldn't disclose that!

Apparently she had a miscarriage or two as well which is part of the reason it's believed that the problem lie with her. She was thought to be older than her stated age and I think her most recent pictures looked it.

The whole "man parts" thing is SO rare that I suspect that might be barking up the wrong tree. I know she was tall and may have appeared a bit masculine in some ways but that is not THAT rare with some women (some women look a tad masculine for whatever reason) to where you would be sure she wasn't really female. Her passport photograph shows a person who appears to be a young woman. Personally, I think the LeBaron angle looks very interesting, since for once she actually resembles someone in a photograph.

Apparently she had a miscarriage or two as well which is part of the reason it's believed that the problem lie with her. She was thought to be older than her stated age and I think her most recent pictures looked it.

The whole "man parts" thing is SO rare that I suspect that might be barking up the wrong tree. I know she was tall and may have appeared a bit masculine in some ways but that is not THAT rare with some women (some women look a tad masculine for whatever reason) to where you would be sure she wasn't really female. Her passport photograph shows a person who appears to be a young woman. Personally, I think the LeBaron angle looks very interesting, since for once she actually resembles sensomeone in a photograph.

She had fertility problems, breast augmentation surgery, heavy browbones, possibly had rhinoplasty, she appears to have a low waist-to-hip measurement ratio, she has an enlarged pharynx (Adam's apple), overly large hands even for a tall woman, she claims to have spent time in Thailand. I could probably come up with more but don't see a real reason to continue. :facepalm:

Yes...many commentors on the Seattle Times comments page have mentioned a possible connection to the LeBaron family who was tied to murders in Texas in 1988. Read here: Wikimedia Error

The families of this sect practiced polygamy and it has been said Evril LeBaron had has many as 50 kids. Evril was known to be very tall...greater than 6'4" and many of his kids were also very tall.

Jacqueline LeBaron was one of his children...and she was one who was convicted for the 1988 murders of several persons who were considered traitors or enemies of their teachings. Here is a picture of Jacqueline LeBaron...note her height and her hands. LEK could have been one of her siblings (there were many)...who would have wanted to disappear. There is a sister named Cynthia LeBaron who testified against Jacqueline and others. Cynthia is in the witness protection program.

http://nimg.sulekha.com/others/original700/jacqueline-lebaron-2010-5-14-20-25-16.jpg

Sentencing Article:
http://www.fbi.gov/houston/press-releases/2011/jacqueline-lebaron-sentenced-to-prison
At first I thought this was far fetched, but the FBI article is very intriquing, the time line fits her "new" identity.. 1988, there are plenty of ties to Texas and even Phoenix AZ... she could be either related to the LeBarons and afraid her siblings will hunt her down and kill her or one of the families that had left the church and is afraid the LeBarons would kill her...

I agree the LaBaron theme is interesting. Coming from a cult environment would explain the lack of living in the real world so to speak. Lack o proper education, social formality and being secure within our world and family.

Here is another link and an email from a Jessica leBaron.
Church of the Lamb of God

http://www.mayhem.net/Crime/cults1.html

Very interesting! And 2 unnamed LeBaron siblings as well as Andrew were jailed in Chicago for possessing FALSE ID's and paperwork... hmm hmmm , and the family had the $$$ to cut and run, and change ID's... I wonder if there are pictures of the children/girls that were in foster homes, and who the other jailed siblings were (could one of them been Lori?) Wasn't her daughters first name the same as one of the LeBaron girls?

I agree, but I could see her possibly misspelling "Hollywood" if she was jotting down notes while talking on the phone or looking something up. I can be a grammar/spelling Nazi when it comes to work, but I still leave out letters and such if I'm just quickly taking notes and know that no one else would see it but me.

I had a coworker who was a terrible speller and had awful, hard-to-read handwriting. She was born and raised in California but would misspell place names; she'd misspell the names of long-time coworkers, she'd misspell very simple words like "child" (it would come out as "cild"). And her handwriting was hard to read and looked as if it was made with an effort. My coworker was otherwise very bright and well-spoken and held a professional job. I think it was some kind of dyslexia/learning disability.

From what I can see, LEK's handwriting looks like she found writing difficult. And she scored quite low on her writing skills test on her GED. I know that doesn't measure penmanship, but maybe her poor handwriting was part of a larger pattern?

I don't think this rules out a connection with Los Angeles.

Her lowest score on the GED was in science, which also makes me wonder if she was homeschooled or brought up in a religious cult or sent to a very non-mainstream religious school.

ETA: The article from William LeBaron linked a few pages back mentioned that his father was bipolar. Bipolar illness does run in families. If LK was bipolar that would explain her ex boyfriend's comment "more problems than he knew what to do with," the illness she was prescribed meds for (a doc might have called it "BPD" which her husband might confuse, at second-hand, with ADD or OCD), and her suicide. If LK had to go off her meds to have a baby it could have destablized her; if she was never properly restabilized - which can be hard with bipolar - that could have caused her suicide. Meds for bipolar (mood stabilizers and atypical antipsychotics like Seroquel) can also cause weight gain.

Still on the hunt is Tarsa LeBaron from the link above, believed to be hiding in Mexico or Belgium.

I still think for people that "religious" there's a big difference between the crimes you mentioned and the lack of modesty inherent to stripping. There's nothing sexual about bank robbery. Did the LeBarons run a brothel or anything remotely sexual as a form of criminal employment? And more importantly do they carry the defective heart gene that FLEK had? Because that would make this pretty open and closed. There's been tons of documentation on the hereditary birth defects these clans have caused with inbreeding and I'm sure someone with their toes already in those waters could find out pretty easily if FLEK's mutant heart gene is one carried by the LeBarons or not. As someone has already mentioned upthread, this clinging to a LeBaron connection despite the lack of any indication of one whatsoever seems to be working the case backwards to me, trying to rearrange the facts to fit a pre-imagined story rather than following the facts to the truth. If it turns out that clan does carry her mutant heart gene, well, what a heck of an intuition. But as of now there's no more evidence that she was an FLDS of any faction than there is that she was an alien abductee.

Well the father died of a heart attack... bad heart at least... BUT with the daughter convicted of a FELONY MURDER - HER DNA SHOULD BE ON FILE... and I wonder if it could be tested against LEK/jane doe for a Mito DNA Match? But then again, being polygamist... they may only share the father....:stormingmad:

Still on the hunt is Tarsa LeBaron from the link above, believed to be hiding in Mexico or Belgium.
Wasn't Jacqueline Tarsa LeBaron just released from prison in 2012 after serving 3 yrs? Some of the articles being posted that have info about her are old.

There has been a lot of discussion about her being a LeBaron. i just looked up Tarsa's photo. I don't see it. To me, this seems to be a different person.

Also, weren't the LeBarons Mormon? That's completely different in theology than Baptist which is the kind of church she was attending when she met her husband. A devout Mormon wouldn't consider Baptist the same thing.

Tarsa is Jacqueline; she was caught and sent to prison for three years but got released in 2012.

Lots of the Lebarons have converted to other religions. Do a search for "lebaron" use pretty much any name mentioned and you will find links to many family members. Two that I found, sisters, Donna and Barbara, have converted. One is now Jewish! The Lamb of God sect in San Diego was a break away group and started the conversion to Christianity.

The thing about the LeBaron kids that were in foster care and escaped is that they escaped in 1989, after LEK established her new identity.

O/T but in my Googling for this, I came across an article from 2005 reporting that one of the LeBaron sons was arrested for raping a girl in my neck of the woods. :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back