GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, not really. Lauren lived off campus and only students who live in a dorm have access to the dorm. Not to mention that the card has likely been long deactivated.

I hope so. Getting hold of anyone on campus right now is nearly impossible. Summer is a bad time to find someone working on campus.

Logically, I know they should have disabled it. It would have been a week after she disappeared, but I'm sure someone jumped on getting that done.

Did they ever say who called BB at 3 AM when they found the note on her door?
Also, you have a bunch of people who were in Law school opening up her apartment and investigating Lauren's whereabouts in what potentially could be a crime scene. That is a little weird. Maybe some of those people are POIs????
The friend who found the note was identified, but I don't have a link handy. As for the friends looking around her apartment, I can't fault them. From what's been reported, the apartment and her belongings appeared undisturbed. There was no reason to immediately suspect a crime had occurred. They did just what I would want my friends to do. They looked at her computer, probably her phone, too for clues to her whereabouts. Then, they allegedly made the short walk over to the library to look there. Having exhausted the obvious possibilities, they called LE, and in fairly short order.

We don't know if any of the friends present are among the several POI's Burns mentioned, with the exception of McD. It's reasonable to assume, imo, that one or more might be in that group of individuals LE considers a possible source of answers. We simply don't know.

That was beautiful Sandstorm, thank you.

May Lauren receive justice. :rose:

Mentally ill alone usually does not make them stronger. Drugs do. Not medically prescribed treatment, but street drugs. The bath salts are horrible! We have people coming in to the ER absolutely delusional with unbelievable strength. However, they look like they have been half beaten to death afterwards from the damage. And they usually are not coherent enough to make a plan to do something like this, much less clean it up.

Surprisingly, pure mental illness tends to weaken a lot of people. Even when they are psychotic, they are not usually able to focus enough to complete a plan. I very, very seldom see someone with mental illness (minus any drug abuse) who has a lot of extra strength. And even fewer who can complete a plan like this. Now, those who are antisocial or sociopathic are a whole different story. The thing is, that really is not a mental illness as much as a personality disorder. And those people tend to leave a wake of damage in their past, from destroying others careers, to killing animals as a child, to ruining an ex's reputation or even their credit, to murdering those who get in their way. It is not likely this would be the very first horrible thing someone with that personality disorder would have done.

Very interesting information. Thanks!

Very interesting information. Thanks!

I'll be glad to provide whatever info I can on that end. It has been extra wild the last few weeks at work. I don't know what is going on, but it is busy. All the hospitals are getting too full. It is nearly impossible to find placement. I've worked inpatient before. I feel for those people right now.

I'll be glad to provide whatever info I can on that end. It has been extra wild the last few weeks at work. I don't know what is going on, but it is busy. All the hospitals are getting too full. It is nearly impossible to find placement. I've worked inpatient before. I feel for those people right now.

WOW! I wonder what's up. I do believe in the effects of the lunar cycle but I don't know that that would apply right now.

Just curious. Are you talking about mental sickness, physical sickness or drug abuse?

Just curious. Are you talking about mental sickness, physical sickness or drug abuse?

Mental illness and drug abuse. A lot of the mental patients will begin using drugs instead of taking their regular medication. So, it makes for a lot of crossover. However, I have seen a spike in truly psychotic and delusional people lately. The moon phases do seem to have impact a lot of times. I think it is because the human body is mostly made of water, so it is the same thing as impacting the tides, but I don't really know why. Now, though, I am at a loss. I work the overnight shift. My numbers have nearly tripled in the last few weeks.

When are the Search Warrants going to be released?

Did anyone find an online version of the Fox show?

I wonder if LE has interviewed or looked at any people (burglars) that Lauren helped defend, during her co-op?

I was hoping to see some news regarding some of the evidence today, especially after the judge published his denial of the motion to disqualify the DA... Waiting.... but, not very patiently.

I must also wonder (piggy backing on some previous comments) exactly who the other POI's are since they have never been named. Anyone have any ideas?

Has it been said what type of games SM was into playing?

Has it been said what type of games SM was into playing?

Not sure about games, but from a friend of mine who is related to someone that went to school at Mercer, and who briefly knew SM, he liked Medieval armor and would sometimes wear chain-mail to class. That certainly doesn't make him guilty of anything, however. I love Medieval stuff too.... and I have a friend who makes some awesome chainmail. I don't think I would wear it to class when I was in college, however. That sort of stuck me as odd. I am more familiar with medical students than law students. In medical school, there isn't exactly a dress code per say, but there is a clear understanding that the students will look "professional" at all times. Is there any similar standard in law school???

Cameras

-A camera was pointed directly at Lauren's building, but, the question is, did it capture anything useful?

-Cameras were used to look around in over 2,000 feet of pipeline

A Mystery Car

-I would like to know if LE has knowledge of a car being seen near Lauren's apartment. They pressed SM's mother on whether he had access to another car, and I do wonder if that is a significant piece of possible evidence, that does not fit with their working theory?

Also Tuesday, the police worked with the city’s engineering department to search more than 2,000 feet of pipe in storm drains leading from Giddings’ apartment complex to the Ocmulgee River.

Bill Causey, who manages the engineering department, wouldn’t say what specifically he and his crews were searching for, but he did say police are looking to explore all possible areas where evidence might be hidden.

Causey said crews will continue their search of the storm drains Wednesday. They plan to use robotic cameras for the sections of the pipe that are too small for a person to fit through.

Next door, to the east, the near-windowless brick colossus that is the AT&T office building looms beyond a gated parking lot. At the entrance, a sign declares: “Warning ... You Are On Live Television As You Enter The Gate.”

The only noticeable camera, mounted on a pole toward the rear of the lot, looks to have a clear sightline to the side of Giddings’ apartment building where, on Tuesday, a pair of trash bins sat and where last Thursday police -- behind the privacy of a strung-up tarp -- scoured for clues.

It wasn’t known if police have obtained any videotaped footage from the camera or, considering the camera sits roughly 100 yards from Giddings’ apartment, if it would yield any clues if they had.

Not sure about games, but from a friend of mine who is related to someone that went to school at Mercer, and who briefly knew SM, he liked Medieval armor and would sometimes wear chain-mail to class. That certainly doesn't make him guilty of anything, however. I love Medieval stuff too.... and I have a friend who makes some awesome chainmail. I don't think I would wear it to class when I was in college, however. That sort of stuck me as odd. I am more familiar with medical students than law students. In medical school, there isn't exactly a dress code per say, but there is a clear understanding that the students will look "professional" at all times. Is there any similar standard in law school???

Many law schools do, but Mercer does not enforce any type of 'professionalism' rules.

-Cameras were used to look around in over 2,000 feet of pipeline

For what it's worth, the local hash house harriers (of which Lauren was a member) have been known to run in the sewers under the city. I don't know if that's connected to this, but thought I'd mention it.

I wonder if LE has interviewed or looked at any people (burglars) that Lauren helped defend, during her co-op?

When I heard that Lauren had worked for the public defender's office, I too wondered about anyone she would have come in contact with that might have developed an unhealthy admiration of her.

As for who the other persons of interest may be:
I wouldn't be surprised if her boyfriend (or ex-boyfriend as reported by some) was still being examined. I remember someone in her family had posted a comment on one of the news sites that this guy had accompanied her to her sister's wedding only the previous weekend before her disappearance. It's not really clear the timeframe that he was in California. However, even if his alibi checks out, it's not out of the realm of possibility that he could still be involved in her death....if you catch my drift....

I also heard a RUMOR that a student came forward to report that the week before Lauren's disappearance, an unknown man came to the law school and asked where Lauren Giddings lived. That student, not thinking anything of it and not being alarmed apparently told the man where she lived. Again, I don't know the validity of this info or if after investigation, the police discovered it was harmless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304