Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible Scenarios:

1. She ran way that night.
2. She snuck out to meet someone.
3. A stalker snuck in and abducted her.
4. A burglar or intruder abducted her.
5. Her Stepfather [or stepbrother] harmed her then covered it up.
6. Accidental death covered up by family.
7. She went outside for fresh air, or to look for her cat, and was in wrong place, wrong time.

Anything else?

I am leaning towards 2 or 7.

I guess #1 could include suicide...has to be considered these days, even though she seems too young...seems she should have been found, but there are many bodies of water, from what a local said.

Too many young women have gone missing (not the runaways) over the years from up here (northern NH/VT) and LE knows it.

And let's be realistic, it is terribly easy to abduct someone up here. QUOTE]
-----------

JMO - You gave a very good description I thought of the different features of isolation in your full post. Predators want to isolate their victims and gain control.

Liz- the shoe thing keeps sticking out to me also. IF she did go to, or was asleep, why have shoes on?? And the discrepancy between her being in her bedroom versus the aunt saying she would have slept in the living room with her sister away for the night.
grrr

Just finally catching up to speed with this thread, though I've been following local media on this case since CC went missing. I live about 2 hours south of Stewartstown. I have a lot of thoughts to gather and organize in my head before I can put them in a post and theorize...but I just wanted to share my insight on some of the FB sleuthing to find family members and friends. Facebook is a great tool for sleuthing but I always feel like most of what is found there should be taken with a grain of salt.

FWIW, you can't always trust those lists of "family" on FB. Some people list close friends as sisters or brothers or their close friends' parents as their own, especially teenagers and young people. My close friends and I used to call each others' parents Mom and Dad, or each others' siblings our own, when we were teens and young adults. My nieces are 14 and I see that a lot with them and their friends on FB. A few of my niece Allie's close friends have her dad and step-mom listed as their "mom" and "dad" because they spend so much time at their house they're like second parents. And, my 2 best friends' teenagers have me listed as their Aunt because I have always been "Auntie"...their mothers and I have been best friends since we were all 14 and we're 33 now, none of us have sisters so we consider each other to be surrogate sisters.

Anyway, my point is, the boy listed as her brother on FB may just be a close boy friend (not necessarily a "boyfriend" though) or a close friend of the family (son of a parent's friends or such) who has always been like a brother figure to her.

Back to catching up. You guys are doing a great job of getting the info on here for us all to keep up with!! Thanx for all your hard work :)

I'm aware of how Facebook works, I have college-aged nieces and nephews who list friends as family members. :)
She posted who her real sister is as her "sister" and we know she has a brother, plus she doesn't appear to be super internet savvy from her posts and FB settings. I would think it's safe to say that KM "IS" her brother.

What is troubling me the most is having the family leave the home for 3 (?) days. What if she called the home phone? Prior to the installation of the new cell phone tower yesterday or the day before, cell phone service was pretty much spotty to non existent from what I understand. And on that note, if someone was luring her out of the home, what would he do? Call from a pay phone to the family's home phone? Tell her to meet him outside at "x" time...but wouldn't that be risky? He might be waiting outside and she might never come out.

I personally think this is related in some way to the family, but there is not enough evidence and/or eye witnesses - hence the reason for the large reward. I think it took forever and a day to get Hailey Dunn's reward to 20,000.00, much less 25,000.00 - or heck is it even that? I forget.

hmm I was just wondering if there seemed to be a lot of specifically young missing girls in the general area....like if LE has some kind of signature thing they have been keeping under wraps...and clued in on something with this situation that others may be oblivious to
(sorry too much tv & reading)

What is troubling me the most is having the family leave the home for 3 (?) days. What if she called the home phone? Prior to the installation of the new cell phone tower yesterday or the day before, cell phone service was pretty much spotty to non existent from what I understand. And on that note, if someone was luring her out of the home, what would he do? Call from a pay phone to the family's home phone? Tell her to meet him outside at "x" time...but wouldn't that be risky? He might be waiting outside and she might never come out.

I personally think this is related in some way to the family, but there is not enough evidence and/or eye witnesses - hence the reason for the large reward. I think it took forever and a day to get Hailey Dunn's reward to 20,000.00, much less 25,000.00 - or heck is it even that? I forget.

Sometimes I think when the rewards are suddenly posted, that means LE is stuck...JMO

Another thing...I'm not sure about NH school rules, but my daughter is 11, about to be 12 in a month, and she is entering the 7th grade this year.

hmm I was just wondering if there seemed to be a lot of specifically young missing girls in the general area....like if LE has some kind of signature thing they have been keeping under wraps...and clued in on something with this situation that others may be oblivious to
(sorry too much tv & reading)

Well, in one of my first posts here, I went way out there and sort of springboarded from her use of the internet, to someone from some prostitution/pedo ring located possibly in Canada abducting her. That seems pretty farfetched to some people, but, who knows? Maybe LE has more info. on this being a likely consideration.

I guess #1 could include suicide...has to be considered these days, even though she seems too young...seems she should have been found, but there are many bodies of water, from what a local said.

Good call. I added it to the list.

So are the reports by family and friends accurate that she didn't go anywhere without her mom and sister? Does that include going out to play or hang with friends?

If so, then why are we thinking that someone lured her out of the house or that she left on her own?

And is there a door she can easily get in and out of without it making a sound?

They have a cat, any other pets?

Have any friends stepped forward to say who she talked to - if anyone - online? Did anyone see her Sunday or Monday day?

Without answers to all these questions, to me this still points to someone Celina knew, and not an online predator.

Possible Scenarios:UPDATED LIST

7. She went outside for fresh air, or to look for her cat, and was in wrong place, wrong time.
8. The non-compliant RSO step-fathers brother abducted her.
9. Suicide
10. She reached out to her father's side of the family, and secretly been communicating w/someone dangerous

Anything else?

I am still all over the place with my various suspicions. I used to be focussed on the SF, but now I am more leery of her computer interactions.

I find the comment about her not even responding to a question from a stranger without checking with her sister odd (however it was phrased.) I mean, how often could this situation have really come up, in this small town? Did it happen just once, and now that is being used to define her? I did read where another neighbor said she was "timid". And of course mother's husband saying she never goes out. But I wonder about the first comment, does not seem they would be out encountering strangers on a regular basis.

So are the reports by family and friends accurate that she didn't go anywhere without her mom and sister? Does that include going out to play or hang with friends?

No, those reports are not accurate from what I have seen. The Stepfather was the one who said " She never leaves the house." But we have heard she went to a recent sleep over at a friends home and her school spokesperson said she was very popular with friends at school and we know she played sports.

If so, then why are we thinking that someone lured her out of the house or that she left on her own?

She made a comment on her FB one late afternoon that she was bored and thinking of 'going on a walk'. It seemed odd to announce that and made us wonder if she was talking to anyone in particular. Also made us wonder if she took long walks often.

And is there a door she can easily get in and out of without it making a sound?

I would really like to know that also. But supposedly the family was upstairs and she was downstairs.

They have a cat, any other pets?

Have any friends stepped forward to say who she talked to - if anyone - online? Did anyone see her Sunday or Monday day?

There is evidence apparently that she talked on live chatlines, or in chat rooms, where she lied and said she was 18 to 20 yrs old.

Without answers to all these questions, to me this still points to someone Celina knew, and not an online predator.

I think she may have been chatting to someone local, someone she knew. Maybe an older student, or an older brother of a friend.

I find the comment about her not even responding to a question from a stranger without checking with her sister odd (however it was phrased.) I mean, how often could this situation have really come up, in this small town? Did it happen just once, and now that is being used to define her? I did read where another neighbor said she was "timid". And of course mother's husband saying she never goes out. But I wonder about the first comment, does not seem they would be out encountering strangers on a regular basis.

Being timid does seem to be an antithesis to some other descriptions of her personality, such as: she loved having friends over frequently.

Was she timid when messaging online?

What do you think?

Liz- the shoe thing keeps sticking out to me also. IF she did go to, or was asleep, why have shoes on?? And the discrepancy between her being in her bedroom versus the aunt saying she would have slept in the living room with her sister away for the night.
grrr

You posted a while back about Celina making an online comment : " Think I'll take a walk " Do you happen to know what time of day she posted that comment ? TIA ....

ETA I see that a previous poster had her posting that comment in the late afternoon.... Seems like it would be possible for LE to find out who she was online with ? MOO Also I would have thought that LE would have indicated if Celina had left with someone she met online ?? MOO Also, if she was online with someone local, was she possibly pranking them ? Could they have found out that she was actually only 11 ? Just some thoughts...

Possible Scenarios:UPDATED LIST

8. The non-compliant RSO step-fathers brother abducted her.
9. Suicide

Anything else?

I am still all over the place with my various suspicions. I used to be focussed on the SF, but now I am more leery of her computer interactions.[/quote]

BBM

I'm in the same place you are. SF was my main guess at first.
Now the computer with her stating her age as 16 & 20.

But #7 is stong in my mind, also.

I keep picturing some truck driver in the parking lot next door.
It's around 10 PM & he's resting before going North on into Canada....
or possibly Southward.

He watches CC in the area right by the side/basement door, possibly playing with her cat.
He gets out to talk to her, says he has something to show her in his cab, and .....

But I hope so badly that she'd never fall for anything like that.

I've also watched too many episodes of "To Catch A Predator" with Chris Hanson on NBC.
Based on what's been on the shows, there are so many weirdos out there, from all walks
of life, willing to drive for hours, just to be with a young girl CC's age. And the creeps are
all liars about their age, what they look like, etc. GRRRRRR

I've also watched too many episodes of "To Catch A Predator" with Chris Hanson on NBC.
Based on what's been on the shows, there are so many weirdos out there, from all walks
of life, willing to drive for hours, just to be with a young girl CC's age. And the creeps are
all liars about their age, what they look like, etc. GRRRRRR
--------------------

I don't think you've watched too many episodes, I think there are too many predators. Pat Brown said basically the same thing the other night on NG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth