Deer gets revenge on the hunter who shot him....

I wish I could say what I really want to. All I can say is "good enough for him." Unfortunately it won't keep the idiot from going out and shooting another deer.

I agree. I am glad the deer was able to cause him pain before his death. I don't believe in hunting so when I hear these stories I am happy!

These stories are kinda funny... who can blame the deer ?

But, miss u daddy, if you lived in my area where these deer mow down everything you own, including flowers, shrubs and the entire garden, you might not be anti-hunting.

And we're in the middle of town.......

But, miss u daddy, if you lived in my area where these deer mow down everything you own, including flowers, shrubs and the entire garden, you might not be anti-hunting.

And we're in the middle of town.......

Not to mention the number that won't stay off/away from the roads. My dad hit two last week in one day and he's a good driver. One of his neighbors hit a total of 16 last year with 3 of them being the same week! We're seriously overpopulated in Central PA and they are now starving to death because of the sheer volume. :(

Unfortunately it won't keep the idiot from going out and shooting another deer.

I agree. I am glad the deer was able to cause him pain before his death. I don't believe in hunting so when I hear these stories I am happy!
>
If you don't like hunting, don't hunt. But to revel in the fact that a man was seriously injured while enjoying an activity that is not only legal, but vital to our environmental conservation and rich in sportsmanship and tradition, is just pathetic. Do either of you have any idea the revenue generated for each states fish and wildlife dept. by hunters? Do either of you have any idea of the incredible migration and census data collected anually by hunters? Gun ownership and hunting instilled in me a deep sense of responsibility at a very young age, I will try my best to provide the same experiences to my children. In fact for xmas I got them lifetime hunting and fishing licenses. I take comfort in the fact that the typical, uneducated, alarmist viewpoints, such as these, are in the vast minority in this country. The real problem with this hunter is that he was using a .270 when he should've been using a .30-06, he may be able to use a little target practice as well.

:clap::clap::clap:Very well said TheBugHouse!!!:clap::clap::clap:

>
If you don't like hunting, don't hunt. But to revel in the fact that a man was seriously injured while enjoying an activity that is not only legal, but vital to our environmental conservation and rich in sportsmanship and tradition, is just pathetic. Do either of you have any idea the revenue generated for each states fish and wildlife dept. by hunters? Do either of you have any idea of the incredible migration and census data collected anually by hunters? Gun ownership and hunting instilled in me a deep sense of responsibility at a very young age, I will try my best to provide the same experiences to my children. In fact for xmas I got them lifetime hunting and fishing licenses. I take comfort in the fact that the typical, uneducated, alarmist viewpoints, such as these, are in the vast minority in this country. The real problem with this hunter is that he was using a .270 when he should've been using a .30-06, he may be able to use a little target practice as well.

I couldn't have said it better, Thank You, the 2 amendment is vital to our country. And venison is much better for you then beef, it is not full of antibiotics and god knows what else to get it to market the quickest and cheapest way.Glad to hear that you are teaching your kids how to take care of themselves, In times like this with the price of beef I would whether spent less than $2.00 for a bullet to put good meat on the table. Good Luck Hunting. elley

I don't like hunting and I don't hunt. I have a right to voice my opinion and so do you.

I'm only being honest when I said I was glad the deer injured the hunter. Why would it be okay for him to go out and shoot a deer (who has no defenses except to run) but it's not okay for a defenseless animal to try to protect itself once it's been injured? I see it as poetic justice.

If you're worried about over population I'm sure there are more humane ways of dealing with it.

I've just never understood someone getting pleasure out of going out in the woods, finding a gorgeous creature and killing it for sport. Don't give me the bs about them eating the meat or donating it to food banks. There's plenty of other things to eat.

>
Do either of you have any idea the revenue generated for each states fish and wildlife dept. by hunters?

I take comfort in the fact that the typical, uneducated, alarmist viewpoints, such as these, are in the vast minority in this country.

So as long as you can make money off of it, it's okay? Hmmm, interesting.

I'm sorry you feel the need to stoop to calling someone stupid just because they don't share your opinion. I respect your right to hunt even though I think it's barbaric. All I said was in my post was that the hunter had it coming to him.

........(who has no defenses except to run) but it's not okay for a defenseless animal to try to protect itself once it's been injured..........
An animal that has evolved over millions of years for the sole purpose of avoiding detection by a predator is hardly "defensless".

........If you're worried about over population I'm sure there are more humane ways of dealing with it.
You're kidding right? Like what?

I've just never understood someone getting pleasure out of going out in the woods, finding a gorgeous creature and killing it for sport...... The sport is not in the kill, but the lifetime of experience leading up to it. And while I respect your right to have an opinion, yours is completely uninformed.

Don't give me the bs about them eating the meat or donating it to food banks. There's plenty of other things to eat.
Wow, I'm speechless. What does that even mean?

So as long as you can make money off of it, it's okay? Hmmm, interesting.

I'm sorry you feel the need to stoop to calling someone stupid just because they don't share your opinion. I respect your right to hunt even though I think it's barbaric. All I said was in my post was that the hunter had it coming to him.
>
I didn't call anyone stupid, please show me where I "stooped" and called someone stupid. And think about it for a minute, what does that money fund? Each states Fish and Wildlife departments, which directly funds the preservation, conservation, and aquisition of open land, and wilderness areas. Many of which are public lands. So who's stupid?

Here where I live, as with other places I'm sure, people depend on a deer to put in there freezer for winter meat. It really helps on the grocery bill. I got a 138 pound doe this year and its all packaged and in the freezer. Very tasty!!

"I take comfort in the fact that the typical, uneducated, alarmist viewpoints, such as these, are in the vast minority in this country." Bughouse

...and here you go again

"So who's stupid?" Bughouse

"The sport is not in the kill, but the lifetime of experience leading up to it." Bughouse

If it's only the "lifetime of experience leading up to it" then why culminate that experience with killing the deer?

What I meant with my comment about donating to food banks is that some hunters use that as an excuse (I kill the deer for sport but I donate the meat to the food bank.)

I'm sure a more humane way of dealing with the over population of deer could be found. It's just too many people enjoy hunting so they have no reason to look for another solution.

I don't feel like arguing. I have my viewpoint and you have yours. The only difference is that I respect yours.

Bughouse, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

>

My bold/italics. Yup-agreed he should have been a better shot-but should we debate then the high-fiving celebrating that would have happened should the buck have been actually taken down with the shot/s?

Just trying to be a voice for the voiceless here...which means the 9 point. The hunter can fortunately speak for himself.

JMO.

Interesting debate. I personally am anti-hunting, only because I could never kill anything. I don't even kill bugs in my home (well except SPIDERS!!). But my father was a hunter (not a very good one though!) and so I was raised with all of the right reasons for hunting. And yes, wildlife management is a big part of it. I wish there were some other way to control the population, but in reality there isn't. I don't remember seeing alot of deer in Pittsburgh, where I grew up, but DH and I visited his dad who lives in NJ and you would see literally herds of deer in people's yards. They are destructive but I think this is mostly because they are being crowded out of their environments and need to go to people's yards and gardens to feed. Their numbers need to be managed. However I am not the one to do it.

Not to mention the number that won't stay off/away from the roads. My dad hit two last week in one day and he's a good driver. One of his neighbors hit a total of 16 last year with 3 of them being the same week! We're seriously overpopulated in Central PA and they are now starving to death because of the sheer volume. :(

I personally do not want to hunt but, don't have a problem with it if the intention is to eat it. We are originally from rural Indiana and one winter when I was in college I hit 6 deer. There was also an elderly women who it a 14 point buck and he got trapped in the front seat of her car and trampled her to death. We also had a whole group of them (5-6) run out in front of us on the middle of the interstate in Penn totally destroyed our car! There are way too many of them! Edited to add: I personally do not hunt but I have family members that do and I am more than happy to eat it!

Interesting debate. I personally am anti-hunting, only because I could never kill anything. I don't even kill bugs in my home (well except SPIDERS!!). But my father was a hunter (not a very good one though!) and so I was raised with all of the right reasons for hunting. And yes, wildlife management is a big part of it. I wish there were some other way to control the population, but in reality there isn't. I don't remember seeing alot of deer in Pittsburgh, where I grew up, but DH and I visited his dad who lives in NJ and you would see literally herds of deer in people's yards. They are destructive but I think this is mostly because they are being crowded out of their environments and need to go to people's yards and gardens to feed. Their numbers need to be managed. However I am not the one to do it.

My family is very much avid hunters and we kill only what we intend to eat. Killing a deer for instance is much more humane with one shot fired to end its suffering immediately.
Where I get nauseated is when thinking about how our animals we eat and buy from our supermarkets are slaughtered at slaughterhouses. Then that makes me want to barf. It is as cruel and inhumane as it can be. The animal knows something is very wrong, they sense it and have such fear and shrill and squeal yet they are slammed in the head or their heads cut off with them just standing there trapped.

The American Heart Association recommends Venison as a very healthy meat. It has a low content of fat in it and when seasoned it is absolutely delicious no matter how it is cooked. I have fed people who say they don't like deer meat and they raved how good the meal was and it was deer meat.

The DNR is very aware of each state's deer population and how many needs to be culled each year. If they aren't culled then they will become overpopulated, sickly, malnourished and crossing major roads looking for food where they can be killed or kill humans.

And hunting with your family is one of the most bonding experiences one can ever experience. It creates a bond that last from generation to generation. The woods are so beautiful in the morning when the sun begins to slowly rise as you sit there quietly and wait.

My husband killed a big doe this week and a 9 point buck so I have enough meat for now but it goes fast. I love the sausage, cubed steak, shoulder and deer burger. Nothing like a deer sausage/deer burger mixed together and cooked on the grill. They are plump and juicy and don't shrink.

We have very healthy deer herds down here.

imoo

This is a known fact that gets lost in the biased media propaganda about exactly what the hunters and fisherman do for wildlife conservation.

Through over 10,000 clubs and organizations such as NRA, Ducks Unlimited, Safari Club International, National Wild Turkey Federation, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and Quail Unlimited, sportsmen contribute an additional $300 million each year to wildlife conservation activities.

Hunters and fishermen fund nearly 75% of the annual income for all 50 state conservation agencies. Through license fees and excise taxes on arms and gear, sportsmen contribute $200 million per year for wildlife conservation. (U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service)

http://www.nraila.org/issues/factsheets/read.aspx?id=124

>
If you don't like hunting, don't hunt. But to revel in the fact that a man was seriously injured while enjoying an activity that is not only legal, but vital to our environmental conservation and rich in sportsmanship and tradition, is just pathetic. Do either of you have any idea the revenue generated for each states fish and wildlife dept. by hunters? Do either of you have any idea of the incredible migration and census data collected annually by hunters? Gun ownership and hunting instilled in me a deep sense of responsibility at a very young age, I will try my best to provide the same experiences to my children. In fact for xmas I got them lifetime hunting and fishing licenses. I take comfort in the fact that the typical, uneducated, alarmist viewpoints, such as these, are in the vast minority in this country. The real problem with this hunter is that he was using a .270 when he should've been using a .30-06, he may be able to use a little target practice as well.

I agree. He should have used a .30-06 and he should have made his aim count with one shot not two.

But I sure don't relish in any delight that this man got injured. Any wounded animal can become a formidable foe and a deer especially with their strength and hooves who can crush bones and slice open the skin like a knife and antlers used to gore.

I remember seeing this one video on tv a quite awhile ago and this man did not hunt but he photographed deer in their environment. He kept getting closer to three doe and little did he know a huge buck with a big rack was in the area too. The deer reared up and hacked the poor man to death with his hooves and gored him with his antlers and it was all caught on tape since he had set his camera and tripod up further back.

They pixeled most of the attack out but it had to be grizzly and brutal because he died at the scene.

imoo

"I take comfort in the fact that the typical, uneducated, alarmist viewpoints, such as these, are in the vast minority in this country." Bughouse

...and here you go again

"So who's stupid?" Bughouse

"The sport is not in the kill, but the lifetime of experience leading up to it." Bughouse

If it's only the "lifetime of experience leading up to it" then why culminate that experience with killing the deer?

What I meant with my comment about donating to food banks is that some hunters use that as an excuse (I kill the deer for sport but I donate the meat to the food bank.)

I'm sure a more humane way of dealing with the over population of deer could be found. It's just too many people enjoy hunting so they have no reason to look for another solution.

I don't feel like arguing. I have my viewpoint and you have yours. The only difference is that I respect yours.

Bughouse, enjoy the rest of your weekend.
>
Again, I ask you to show me where I called you stupid. You can't, because I didn't. I used the word stupid in reference to your post. I said you're uneducated and uninformed about hunting, hunting culture, hunting ethics and the financial and informational benefits generated by hunters. And yet you have an extremely strong, overbearing, and some might call, downright cruel opinion on the subject. And since when does someone need an "excuse" to hunt? You come out of the gates swinging, and now you "don't feel like arguing"!?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50
Back