Keeping Hayleigh's Story In The Public Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

maureenv

Reaction score
Sorry if there is a thread about this already (I couldn't find it). Mods please feel free to merge this, if needed.

I am VERY saddened that LE has let this story die on the vine. It appears LE is back at their desks writing toll tickets. At least that is what it seems. Is it me, or shouldn't they still be yelling from every roof top and turning over every stone?

How can we help get this baby found? How can we help keep this story in the forefront?

I'm sorry, but I am VERY disheartened that there are still NO CLUES?????

Hi, maureenv. I think Sheriff Hardy's fear of being under the media microscope has made it much more difficult to keep this case alive. IMO, he needs to fight past that fear and disclose some more details:

(bold mine)

<snipped>

Hardy, a 15-year veteran of local law enforcement, discussed the case with WJXT-TV, and said he's seen nothing like it.

"It was intimidating, I'll be honest with you," Hardy said.

About 50 days after Haleigh disappeared, Hardy admitted that being thrust into the national spotlight in such dramatic fashion was difficult.

"My fears of being on national television &#8230; the fact that there's a missing 5-year-old child is more important," Hardy said. "The investigation has had so many different angles to it that it's been extremely difficult to try to narrow and focus it down to where it needs to be. Also, as previously reported, there have been so many inconsistencies in statements and stories."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19...orlpn_4pm&ts=T&tmi=orlpn_4pm_1_02550104012009

Hi, maureenv. I think Sheriff Hardy's fear of being under the media microscope has made it much more difficult to keep this case alive. IMO, he needs to fight past that fear and disclose some more details:

(bold mine)

<snipped>

Hardy, a 15-year veteran of local law enforcement, discussed the case with WJXT-TV, and said he's seen nothing like it.

About 50 days after Haleigh disappeared, Hardy admitted that being thrust into the national spotlight in such dramatic fashion was difficult.

"My fears of being on national television … the fact that there's a missing 5-year-old child is more important," Hardy said. "The investigation has had so many different angles to it that it's been extremely difficult to try to narrow and focus it down to where it needs to be. Also, as previously reported, there have been so many inconsistencies in statements and stories."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19...orlpn_4pm&ts=T&tmi=orlpn_4pm_1_02550104012009

For the sake of a child, who needs his help...I think he should get over it! This is HEARTBREAKING! He needs to release some info, so others can help.

I just wonder if he is not revealing everything because he doesnt know what is the twist of the truth or an out and out lie. This is becoming more and more like the Caylee Anthony case and IMO is the reason he doesnt want to release false information out there. i.e. there would be too many twist and turns that really doesn't concentrate on findings.

I couldnt agree more, I think we should email, write whatever we think we can do to let them know that people want this story out there and we want information. LE in the Caylee case dealt with sideshows for months.....So Im not buying it that the parents inabilitiy to get along or whatever is keeping LE from working this case. They need to keep her name out there for tips! If tips are trickling down to zero, its because they arent generating any info to the public that may trigger any tips. MOO

I agree.Also may I please ask if any one knows are the police going to start doing more ground searches in areas especially not checked for Haleigh.I feel they really should be doing this now and continue to do this.Why did they stop looking?

I wonder if TES would be willing to go back and if police would let them search.

I wonder if TES would be willing to go back and if police would let them search.

I agree.I really think someone needs to be looking for Haliegh.They just found little Sandra Cantu's body (The pretty little 8 year old girl in california.It's very sad)I'm very serious.Why aren't they doing ground searches to try and find Haleigh?Why did they stop?I don't understand if there is illegal activity out there.Get rid of it.They need to please find this little girl.She really might be out there some where.

I agree.I really think someone needs to be looking for Haliegh.They just found little Sandra Cantu's body (The pretty little 8 year old girl in california.It's very sad)I'm very serious.Why aren't they doing ground searches to try and find Haleigh?Why did they stop?I don't understand if there is illegal activity out there.Get rid of it.They need to please find this little girl.She really might be out there some where.

Is it possible that they aren't searching because they don't need to because they might not know exactly where she is, but they know the key to finding her. It wouldn't be that urgent, if they believe she's in heaven.

I pray they find out or do something soon for Haleighs sake.It's sad.She's a pretty little girl that does not deserve all this and we need to keep looking for her.

Could it not be that the very low profile is by design?

Consider: The FBI is currently involved--and this kind of case is far more in their area of expertise than the local Sheriff's office...yet, the Feds have been very silent. I have to think that they are "doing their thing" in the background. In fact, I wonder if they (and all involved LE agencies) aren't frantically trying to locate and retrieve the child while they have the Sheriff putting up a smokescreen of "I don't have a clue." (Please read my post in the "Theories" thread.)

With so much national media interest, I can't believe the authorities would simply try to let the case blow over...

Well someone needs to get over himself and remember this is about a 5 year old missing child and not himself.

(bold mine)

<snipped>

"My fears of being on national television … the fact that there's a missing 5-year-old child is more important," Hardy said. "The investigation has had so many different angles to it that it's been extremely difficult to try to narrow and focus it down to where it needs to be. Also, as previously reported, there have been so many inconsistencies in statements and stories."

i was just telling my mother that we haven't heard anything more about this investigation...that is so sad...
hopefully the media will keep it in the spotlight

What would be the drawbacks in arresting those who have been giving false testimony.

Its so sad to me that the LE have not done more to keep this story in the spotlight. It seems to have just faded away. Someone, somewhere knows something and if LE would continue to feed the media tidbits then maybe a valid tip would come in pointing to the whereabouts of Haleigh.

~Praying for Haleigh Cummings~

i was just telling my mother that we haven't heard anything more about this investigation...that is so sad...
hopefully the media will keep it in the spotlight

Today is the third day in a row that I haven't got a google alert for Haleigh. Not one. Not even recycled news or tabloid news. I'm afraid the media is losing interest...so sad :(

Oh Dear God, this is horrible news. That beautiful little girl. They do need to ground search for Haleigh regardless of inconsistencies.

I'm heartbroken over Sandra Cantu..

Sometimes we over complicate things... and we get an end result with a deceased victim.

Sometimes I wonder if we are the victim or the crime?

With Haliegh, bless her heart... those a-holes down there sunk their own ship. It can only go for so long before normal. even God fearing, folk just get tired of it.... just the hearsay and the BS.

The loss of Sandra really made me wake up... I'm terribly sad... and I really don't give a f@#$ about trivial tidbits and drama anymore in any case.

Bottom line.. please find this child.

Do you guys think they have any clue where she is/what happened to her? I can't understand how someone could be so good they completely covered their tracks. Sweet Sandra is home now and I want Haleigh to be also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie