CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=74694
The non-descript man steps through the door of the retirement home, cruising the hallways, smiling at residents, hanging out in the mailroom. Cops say that’s where he gathers intelligence -- learning names, hometowns and medical histories.

“He does his homework,” observed Detective John Dunlop of the Toronto Police Service. “He waits for an opportunity, just the right opportunity, to approach the victim.”

Quoted from dotr:

Hmm, now where have I seen a picture before of a young man with a close cropped bangs...

Indeed - and with the reddish-blond hair colour as well!

Also, I just heard of a house on Lynden Crescent burning to the ground. Does anyone know if this house is anywhere near AG's house?:twocents:

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=74694
The non-descript man steps through the door of the retirement home, cruising the hallways, smiling at residents, hanging out in the mailroom. Cops say that’s where he gathers intelligence -- learning names, hometowns and medical histories.

“He does his homework,” observed Detective John Dunlop of the Toronto Police Service. “He waits for an opportunity, just the right opportunity, to approach the victim.”

OK, now this is just plain horrible. I must confess - I'd never heard of this person before. Really low.....:maddening:

As I had mentioned some time ago (sorry, cannot remember in which thread), not long ago I watched a W5 investigative report re conmen phoning US seniors from Canada. I wonder if they could also be approaching Canadian seniors, not by phone, but perhaps same way as Rupert. Since Audrey didn't have grandchildren nor nieces/nephews, she would have immediately known it was a scam, just a thought.
Here is the link:

W5 investigation: Conmen who target seniors

The Grandson Scam : http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/MSNHome/20101124/w5-the-grandson-scam-101124/

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3267985
"Asked whether there are any other suspects, Glassford would only say, "the investigation is ongoing and we'll see where it leads us."

OPP media officer Peter Leon wouldn't elaborate on any of the details of the arrest and told The Examiner the case is now before the courts.

"Suffice to say, a first-degree murder charge is very, very serious," Leon said.

Leon couldn't answer questions on any relationship between Van Dusen and Ms. Nicholas, or if further charges could be expected."

"In court Monday a publication ban was put on any evidence presented at the bail hearing.

Van Dusen's next court appearance is Aug. 29 and will be made via video"

This victim was able to fight back, thank goodness, but I was reminded of AG and thinking how her illness at that time made her even more vulnerable.

Crown to seek prison term for drug user who attacked neighbour, 78
By Andrew Seymour, The Ottawa CitizenAugust 29, 2011 8:02 AM

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/C...ed+neighbour/5320112/story.html#ixzz1WR4WMzej
"Lombardo was initially charged with choking the woman with a phone cord and sexual assault, but didn’t admit to either of those allegations.

The woman suffered a cut lip, black eye and bruising around her throat, neck, face and nose.

“I broke the tape. I fought like hell and I won. I got away,” the victim told the Citizen after the attack.

“He had rage. I don’t know how to explain it,” the woman said".

... "Van Dusen's next court appearance is Aug. 29 and will be made via video"

?? Can't find any updates on today's appearance

?? Can't find any updates on today's appearance
this all I have been able to find so far. Hopefully after the bail hearing, we'll find out the "motive" ... IMHO, it could have been robbery gone wrong:

MURDER SUSPECT BACK IN COURT TODAY

James Patrick Van Dusen will be in court again today - this time via video link - to answer to first degree murder charges.

Police are not giving many details and a publication ban has been placed on any evidence presented in the bail hearing, ...

read more: http://www.napaneetoday.ca/default.asp?pid=77924&wireid=Aug_29_-_Van_Dusen_Court1

Murder case held over
By JOYCE CASSIN, NORTHUMBERLAND TODAY
Posted 10 hours ago

<<<snips>>>
COBOURG -James Patrick Van Dusen, charged with first-degree murder in the Aug. 13 death of Campbellford's Lillian Beryl Nicholas, appeared in Cobourg's Ontario Court of Justice via video feed from the Central East Corrections Centre in Lindsay on Monday, Aug. 29 - his second appearance since Aug. 22.

Van Dusen's next court appearance is Sept. 28 via video.

http://www.northumberlandtoday.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3279851

Posting this in AG's thread because of the freaky behaviour and aggression towards women shown by this suspect.
http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/a...e-attacks-on-barton-street-sex-workers-linked

John Burman
Sat Sep 3 2011

Police believe attacks on Barton Street sex workers linked

Police fear someone is stalking and attacking Hamilton sex trade workers.

Hamilton police say there have been two attacks on Barton Street East in the past week &#8212; on Aug. 22 and 29 &#8212; where the suspect and his behaviour were similar.

An attack in July of last year also bears striking similarities, they say.

Detective Sergeant Maggie Schoen, head of the victims of crime unit, said police have put out a warning to sex workers about the bad date via the Elizabeth Fry Society.

Investigators are asking for public help tracking this person down because they believe there is a good chance the attacks are linked.

They&#8217;ve also asking all Ontario police services about similar incidents or &#8220;persons of interest.&#8221;

The suspect is described as clean looking white man in his 30s who is 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-10. He has an athletic build, muscular abdomen and shaved head. He speaks English with no accent.

Police say the suspect wore either a blue T-shirt with white lettering or a red T-shirt with a Portuguese symbol on it, and patterned shorts.

The car is described as a white four-door with a light grey interior and blue dash lights. Anyone with further information is asked to contact Detective Scott Moore at 905-546-4614 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

The murder of Mr. Burnett cuts me to the quick as he sounds very much like my own father. My Daddy was a Baptist deacon and known all throughout Central Texas for his rich baritone. His favorite singers were Paul Robson and George Beverly Shea. The song for which my Daddy was most well known was "The Old Rugged Cross" and he sang it at many a Baptist funeral--Methodist and Presbyterian too.

It's not clear whether Mr. Burnett was at church this last Sunday but he was found dead on Tuesday. Note that they state that they had to turn on the lights upstairs to find his body. So, most likely the murder was committed in broad daylight--possibly while he was napping. He could have held to a strict routine and typically would have been out for his walk when a robber broke in, discovered him and killed him. But to stab an elderly gentleman in the neck? Really?

I'm reminded of the gruesome murder of the murder of Irena Roszak. She, too, was stabbed to death in her bed. We have a thread:

WI~"Satanic Thrill Killer", Austin Davis Sentenced for murder of 93 yr. old - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

"....Austin Davis and another suspect, Christopher Roalson, are accused of breaking into the home of 93 year old Irena Roszak in May of 2009 and stabbing her repeatedly. Authorities describe the murder as a satanic 'thrill killing'...."

One young man has already been convicted and the other is awaiting trial early next year. They admitted to the satanic component.

I checked the occult and satanic high dates for this week and there are a number:

Aug. 24
Satanic Mania

Aug. 28
Satanic Feast of Nephthys
(wife of Set Goddess of Death)

Sept 6
Satanic
Marriage to Satan
Sexual Sacrifice
Dismemberment

Sept 7
Satanic
Feast of the Beast

Who knows if any of these dates might be linked to Mr. Burnett's death at all but it's worth considering--being that the killing seemed so random. As was Ms. Gleave's.

May he rest in Jesus' arms. He surely believed that's where he was going.

Unrelated, but perhaps noteworthy.
http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/article/591528--knife-fight-at-west-end-student-party

STABBING Exterior of 69 Royal at Emerson where a stabbing occurred early this morning.
Cathie Coward/The Hamilton Spectator

"Four people are in hospital after being stabbed during a wild fight at a crowded west-end home early Friday

Police and paramedics were called to a home on Royal Avenue near Emerson Street south of Main Street West at 4:30 a.m. after part of a crowd that was dispersed outside a student gathering at Club 77 downtown went to the home for an after party.

Police say they had to contend with a rowdy crowd of about 400 university students from various schools in southern Ontario &#8211; including many from McMaster -- outside the King William Street bar

The group had been banned McMaster&#8217;s campus last year, according to McMaster spokesperson Andrea Farquhar. The details on why they were banned are forthcoming. She noted there is no connection between the university and the group.

On the event&#8217;s Facebook page, NLE said they were selling tickets for the event in the student centre. The last two wall posts dating back to just past midnight read, &#8220;FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT,&#8221; and &#8220;WE COMING IN.&#8221;
"
"

http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/article/590515--elderly-man-murdered-in-his-own-bed
The 83-year-old was found around 7 p.m. Tuesday after friends from his church arrived with a meal and could not get an answer. Neighbours said the visitors called one of Burnett’s sons, who kicked in a door when he arrived. The small group searched the house and, when they got upstairs, turned on the lights and found Burnett lying in bed with a knife in his neck.

Ashline Hall was near tears when she spoke of her former neighbour’s death. She said he was one of the nicest people on the street. She and her family would help him shovel snow, take out the garbage and run errands for him because he was always by himself

Thanks for the link Canadian4, this is very troubling!

Yes, note the "turned on the lights". What's that all about? I wonder if they know the approximate time of death yet?

The threat of potential sexual attack on elderly female in Toronto, might be worth noting here. ..
http://www.680news.com/news/local/a...-of-potential-sex-offender-in-city-s-west-end
Police warn of potential sex offender in city's west end

680News staffSep 11, 2011 12:42:14 Pm

TORONTO, Ont. - Toronto police are warning people about a potential sex offender in the Jane Street and Shoreham Drive area, after a 79-year-old woman was approached late Saturday night.

Police allege the woman was waiting for an elevator when a man got out and started following her toward a friend's house.

The woman was able to enter the home, but before she closed the door man said, "I want her."

The suspect is described as a black male in his mid 30s, standing approximately 6 feet tall with a heavy build.

He has short black hair and was wearing black pants, a sleeveless purple shirt and had something covering his head.

Ms. Roszak of Wisconsin also knew her killer. She'd known one of the young men when he was a child. He'd grown up with her grandchildren and played in her home. Ms. Roszak's daughter was one of his teachers. When the men went looking for a victim and were scared off from one house, one remembered that Ms. Roszak lived alone and led the other man there.

Ms. Roszak of Wisconsin also knew her killer. She'd known one of the young men when he was a child. He'd grown up with her grandchildren and played in her home. Ms. Roszak's daughter was one of his teachers. When the men went looking for a victim and were scared off from one house, one remembered that Ms. Roszak lived alone and led the other man there.
Thanks Missizzy. Seems to me the common denominator in many of the 'break and enter' cases is the victims lived alone. Not only they were vulnerable and easy targets because of that, but perhaps they were even happy to have someone knocking at their door :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10