Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #4 *J. Hunter guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Shockley_Jahessye_lg.jpg

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=78797
Police and community members continue to search for 5-year-old Jahessye Shockley who disappeared on October 11, 2011 from Glendale, Arizona.

Info & Support thread

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Please Continue here...

Today, 04:50 PM
Marigold
user_offline.gif

Just a short note of thanks for those that are working out in the cold to find evidence in order to obtain justice for Jhessye. God bless them all!

Have you seen some activity Marigold?

Sweet little Jhessye....people are looking for you. I wish you could tell us where you are so that they could bring you home.

Jerice will never have one single day of peace or happiness for the rest of her life. She will never get away from what she did to her child. Never. And the fact that she hid Jhessye's remains, so her child can't even have a decent burial will make things even worse for her.

Give it up Jerice. Tell someone where you put your baby's body. Do this one decent thing for Jhessye.

Have you seen some activity Marigold?

No, I haven't seen anything, but I wish I had. :(
The heat in my house went out today. I had it fixed in a couple of hours, but while I was sitting here bundled up, I thought of all of the hard working people that might be doing investigative work, taking pictures, talking to witnesses, gathering evidence, etc, and just wanted to send some good thoughts and prayers their way.

For the sake of the older siblings, and for some sense of closure for them, I really hope she is found soon and brought home. :rose:

Police issued a statement Dec. 1 regarding the search for missing 5-year-old Jhessye Shockley. Police had recently conducted searches of nearby landfills. A spokesman with the Glendale Police Department, Sergeant Brent Coombs, said from the beginning of the investigation the holding and potential searching of these areas was contingent upon where the facts of the investigation lead police investigators.
"It is based on these facts that investigators feel it is no longer necessary to hold the areas at the Glendale Landfill," he said.
http://www.glendalestar.com/news/headlines/article_4c5b3c5a-20e1-11e1-8330-001871e3ce6c.html

Police issued a statement Dec. 1 regarding the search for missing 5-year-old Jhessye Shockley. Police had recently conducted searches of nearby landfills. A spokesman with the Glendale Police Department, Sergeant Brent Coombs, said from the beginning of the investigation the holding and potential searching of these areas was contingent upon where the facts of the investigation lead police investigators.
"It is based on these facts that investigators feel it is no longer necessary to hold the areas at the Glendale Landfill," he said.

http://www.glendalestar.com/news/headlines/article_4c5b3c5a-20e1-11e1-8330-001871e3ce6c.html

Unless they have info that she is NOT in the landfill, I really do not understand this at all. I do get that they may have cordoned off the wrong area, based on when they thought she went missing. But that's no reason to abandon searching the landfill altogether. Just figure out what other sections she could be in.

Unless they think she's elsewhere based on add'l info they have, this part of the investigation really frustrates me.

I agree belimom, the statement makes no sense to me. I only hope they have some sort of decent lead on where else to be searching if they don't intend to search there anymore.

Please let today be the day they find Jhessye!!

Even if they are 100 million percent certain that Jhessye's body isn't in the landfill, I still think they should have done a comprehensive search. They might have found blankets, bedding or other evidence with Jhessye's DNA. Or who knows, maybe they would have found something incriminating written by Jerice. But we will never know because Glendale PD decided to abandon the search. :(

I'm scared that it has gotten so quiet. It makes me feel as if Jhessye is being forgotten. It's been almost a year since Hailey Dunn went missing and Texas LE is no closer to finding her than they were in December 2010. I don't want that for any missing child.

We're still here Jhessye, thinking of you every single day.

I agree, it is really quiet. I hope that indicates LE building their case and not a cooling of the investigation.

I may just be jaded, however part of me is thinking that the media has been more quiet about her case maybe due to the fact that the government (Welfare) could be under some serious scrutiny...and the media has been "asked" to not report so much regarding Jhessye's story. Sad, but a real possibility. Money rules.

I don't live in Arizona, but since California is a neighboring state, I'll be on the lookout.

@shotgun09: Maybe I'm biased because I have little faith in the mainstream media, but the news in general hasn't been reporting as much on missing children for the past 5 years. The boogeyman has been shifted from child abductors to terrorists, and that's just how the news works; whatever gets more ratings.

I may just be jaded, however part of me is thinking that the media has been more quiet about her case maybe due to the fact that the government (Welfare) could be under some serious scrutiny...and the media has been "asked" to not report so much regarding Jhessye's story. Sad, but a real possibility. Money rules.

I'm not too sure that the Phoenix media would cooperate with the government in not reporting stories that could cast the government in a dim light. In my opinion, there are local journalists that seem to specialize in holding officials up for public scrutiny. In particular, Laurie Roberts of azcentral.com has a long standing well-known record of scrutinizing government officials and agencies. Ms. Roberts has done a laudable job of making sure the public knows about errors and flaws within CPS. Sadly, little Jhessye isn't the first child to slip through the cracks of Arizona's system, but the cracks have been exposed to the public thanks to the efforts of reporters like Laurie Roberts.

There are others, but their names escape me now. But I do think that there are plenty of journalists in Arizona that are more than happy to closely examine the system and to report their findings to the public. I'm not saying every writer is a paragon of journalistic integrity, but I do think we have a good share of reporters that are very diligent. I think that they will make sure to report any news about Jhessye when they have it.

Where are you Jhessye??? Where is she Jeryce???

I am obsessively checking this thread and googling for news on Jhessye. This nothing/nowhere feel that has settled over this case leaves me with a very sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Sweet Jhessye, where are you punkin? Its time for you to be brought home, so healing can begin and justice can be served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie