New Anthony Spokesperson: Caylee is alive! Presser planned #2

CW

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Please continue posting here. Just a heads up this is not going to turn into Caylee is alive thread we will stay on topic. There will be no further warning given.
Thank You
Windchime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching
Frankly, I don't see how you can say our conversations do not have a great deal of intellect to them. I believe there are some of the sharpest minds on the internet on this board and forum.

I have to question the motives now of people who do not understand, refuse to understand, or pretend not to understand that Caylee is indeed dead. That ship has sailed. LE confirmed it when they filed a HOMICIDE MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE charge along with a Manslaughter with Aggravating Circumstance charge against her mother!Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy7:

[/quote]Bolded by me. I entirely agree with the first sentence!!!:)

Re: the second bolded sentence, an indictment is basically formally accusing KC of the crime. Personally, I will wait for the trial to see what happens. There are many indictments where the accused is found to be innocent (every time there is a "not guilty" verdict). Of course, there are also cases where the defendant has incorrectly been found guilty (check out http://www.innocenceproject.org).[/quote]

An indictment is the recommendation of a grand jury. The grand jury has made a finding that each and every element of each charged offense is supported by probable cause to believe the facts exist to support the elements of the crime and the crime as charged. So, it is not just an unsupported opinion. It is much more than that.

You said there are many indictments where the accused is found to be "innocent." Then, it appears you believe a "not guilty" verdict is the same as a judge or jury FINDING a defendant "innocent" as in they didn't do the crime.

This is a common misunderstanding. A "not guilty" verdict does not mean "innocent." A "not guilty" verdict simply means the state government did not present a case where the judge or jury found each element of each crime as charged proved beyond a reasonable doubt. Truely guilty people can be found "not guilty." It means it is a final resolution of the state's criminal prosecution effort; nothing more.

Remember the OJ Simpson case where he was found "not guilty" of the criminal charges, BUT in the civil case that followed by the victims' families where the standard of proof was "probable cause" (there is probable cause to believe the facts supported the wrongs charged in the civil complaint) ... as opposed to "beyond a reasonable doubt"? In the civil case, the jury found OJ had committed the wrongful death -- in that he killed the victims and therefore the families were entitled to a huge money judgement. So, one can be found "not guilty" but still have done the act of killing or whatever the wrong.

Just jumping in to say that, at this particular point in time, the only way I will believe that Caylee is alive, is if she appears in front of a television camera, preferably standing in front of a church where, hopefully, the As wouldn't dare lie, with about 20 kazillion verifiable, credible witnesses, who place their hands on a Bible and swear that it is really, truly, Caylee, and that she is, in fact, alive and breathing.

I'm so disgusted and repulsed by this family that I could just barf.

Quote:
Then, it appears you believe a "not guilty" verdict is the same as a judge or jury FINDING a defendant "innocent" as in they didn't do the crime. I'm not sure why you think this, as I never said this. I just said that I will wait to see what happens at the trial.

Remember the OJ Simpson case where he was found "not guilty" of the criminal charges, BUT in the civil case that followed by the victims' families where the standard of proof was "probable cause" (there is probable cause to believe the facts supported the wrongs charged in the civil complaint) ... as opposed to "beyond a reasonable doubt"? In the civil case, the jury found OJ had committed the wrongful death -- in that he killed the victims and therefore the families were entitled to a huge money judgement. So, one can be found "not guilty" but still have done the act of killing or whatever the wrong.

There is a BIG difference between "without a reasonable doubt" for criminal cases and a "preponderance of evidence" as needed for civil cases...

Who is it that said something like our justice system is not perfect, but it's the best we have?:)

Do we have an exact time pinned for this press conference yet? I want to be sure to be around!

*Off topic, but does anyone know where I can find a pic of Casey in those white sunglasses that she bought with one of AH's forged checks? THANKS!

In post # 5 above: (Themis) Then, it appears you believe a "not guilty" verdict is the same as a judge or jury FINDING a defendant "innocent" as in they didn't do the crime. (Daisy7) I'm not sure why you think this, as I never said this. I just said that I will wait to see what happens at the trial.
In the last thread, Daisy7 said: "Re: the second bolded sentence, an indictment is basically formally accusing KC of the crime. Personally, I will wait for the trial to see what happens. There are many indictments where the accused is found to be innocent (every time there is a "not guilty" verdict). Of course, there are also cases where the defendant has incorrectly been found guilty (check out http://www.innocenceproject.org)." [Emphasis added.]

The above quote is why I thought you said this.

In a criminal trial, the jury does not find the defendant "innocent." The choices are "guilty" or "not guilty." Not guilty does not mean innocent.

The legal burdens between criminal and civil trials of beyond a reasonable doubt and preponderance of the evidence are different standards of proof. Agreed.

I don't know who originated the quote but it is good. The evolution of the current system of jurisprudence is a fascinating history; so intertwined with the human experience it basically defines us. :blowkiss:

Do we have an exact time pinned for this press conference yet? I want to be sure to be around!

*Off topic, but does anyone know where I can find a pic of Casey in those white sunglasses that she bought with one of AH's forged checks? THANKS!

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

"Bart said a press conference will be held later this week, when the Anthonys intend to release information about leads which they believe indicate that Caylee is still alive.

"We thought it necessary to wait for the Anthony's attorney, Mark (NeJame), to get back from his trip, so we could have a panel of all those involved ... that the media will want to ask questions to," Bart said"

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

"Bart said a press conference will be held later this week, when the Anthonys intend to release information about leads which they believe indicate that Caylee is still alive.

"We thought it necessary to wait for the Anthony's attorney, Mark (NeJame), to get back from his trip, so we could have a panel of all those involved ... that the media will want to ask questions to," Bart said"

I don't believe that the press conference will ever happen. Reading the link you provided cyber just enrages me more. Cindy talking about LP obstructing justice..What in the h@ll does she think she has been doing? :furious: And George saying that what made last week hard was the media calling him about bones, when he knew in his heart it wasn't Caylee. How would he KNOW that? Even if he believed Casey, which I don't think for a millisecond that he does, how would he KNOW that someone hadn't done something to her, unless he knows where she is? Arrrgggg!!!!:furious:

This is such a crock! A rehash of Airport tips that have been investigated and found unreliable and false. The media only needs to ask one question,
where did Casey put her baby after she killed her. Just because these people are living in another realm of reality doesn't mean the general public will be nibbling on their propaganda show.

This is such a crock! A rehash of Airport tips that have been investigated and found unreliable and false. The media only needs to ask one question,
where did Casey put her baby after she killed her. Just because these people are living in another realm of reality doesn't mean the general public will be nibbling on their propaganda show.
I thought the presser was for tomorrow? Did they change it? I don't think it will occur either. If it should, I hope someone asks for the Zani pic that Cindy claimed they had with Casey. That would be a good start imo

Yes, it is always a good idea to wait for your lawyer before you lie..eh ...I mean release information that could help people find your missing granddaughter, Cindy. Good thinking!:nuts:

I don't believe that the press conference will ever happen. Reading the link you provided cyber just enrages me more. Cindy talking about LP obstructing justice..What in the h@ll does she think she has been doing? :furious: And George saying that what made last week hard was the media calling him about bones, when he knew in his heart it wasn't Caylee. How would he KNOW that? Even if he believed Casey, which I don't think for a millisecond that he does, how would he KNOW that someone hadn't done something to her, unless he knows where she is? Arrrgggg!!!!:furious:

Exactly! They are trying to play the role that they know Caylee is alive and so these searches and possible discoveries don't faze them but, they are over-reacting in an opposite way than normal / expected.

Even if they choose to sugar coat that the 'kidnapper' is a person who loves Caylee, this is a terrible world and you can never know. As such, the normal reaction would NOT be to smile and shrug it off -- that you calmly choose to wait until you hear something official from the authorities. Hinky off the scale.

Also, there were two recent comments on planting evidence, one that supposedly came from TM to CA about cow bones and, another that CA suggests there are indications LP planted the toys/bones.

1. Why even go there? What purpose does it serve to CA if Caylee is alive, why does she even care? Sounds like another pizza counter move.

2. If LP had planted anything, or anyone did, they'd be dumb because they'd get some initial fame that would quickly turn into nasty press and charges once it was determined the bones were animal / not Caylee and the toys had only been under water hours. Why risk everything for brief fame?

Idiots may have planted the cow bones for grins but anyone investing time, money and, reputation isn't going to be so stupid.

The acting is not plausible and causes great pause, with both CA/GA and KC reactions -- I would be an emotional wreck and feel I had dodged a bullet once it was stated to be a false alarm!!!! They are too calm and collected.

I thought the presser was for tomorrow? Did they change it? I don't think it will occur either. If it should, I hope someone asks for the Zani pic that Cindy claimed they had with Casey. That would be a good start imo

I'll bet the date get changed almost as much as Cindy's pizza story.

and

*respectfully snipped
Even if they choose to sugar coat that the 'kidnapper' is a person who loves Caylee, this is a terrible world and you can never know. As such, the normal reaction would NOT be to smile and shrug it off -- that you calmly choose to wait until you hear something official from the authorities. Hinky off the scale.

The acting is not plausible and causes great pause, with both CA/GA and KC reactions -- I would be an emotional wreck and feel I had dodged a bullet once it was stated to be a false alarm!!!! They are too calm and collected.

I totally agree! :clap:

I would love to think Caylee is having a fun time traveling and eating at McDonalds, unfortunately, she's not-unless they have McDonalds in Heaven! I have never seen the kind of reaction from a missing childs family. In fact, I have seen way more emotion in custody disputes. I think some of the posters tonight and some today sounded alittle bit defensive concerning the A's and KFN. I think all the great investigative work and very intuitive thinking might just be hitting a nerve or two!:clap:
Maybe they're paying attention and thats why the A's cancelled on NG Fri. and the press conference is apparently now to be announced for "sometime" this week!:rolleyes:

I read elsewhere that CA later stated that she would not be writing the book now but that she will when Caylee is home safe and sound. Is this woman so delusional that she thinks that even if Caylee were still alive that she would be returned to the trust and care of this family??? Unbelievable!

(My question was rhetorical.)

MOO

If this presser is about an alive Caylee, which in turn means Casey is innocent, why does Nejame need to be there? He is the A's attorney, not KC's. NeJame has made it very clear that he is the A's attorney, not KC's. It should be Jose at the presser with the A's.

Now that LP has left Orlando, the presser has been changed from today to "later this week." :waitasec: Interesting-seems Ms. Bart is jumping into her new job with both feet. Spinning away, with the specific purpose of deflecting attention from the search at BP.

Anyway, not holding my breath for that presser. The heat is off for now...

Same thing happened shortly before Casey was arrested...the spin about the photo of Casey and Caylee with the elusive "Zanny." They spun the story, drug us along and yet we never saw any photo. She was arrested and they haven't mentioned that photo since.

My question is why hand out flyers in Orlando? From what I hear everyone there knows shes missing and knows what she looks like. They need to go to Georgia, Puerto Rico, New York, south Florida and hand out their flyers. We hardly hear about the case, and I'm sure people where the sightings occurred haven't either.
Why are they still in Orlando? :waitasec:

My question is why hand out flyers in Orlando? From what I hear everyone there knows shes missing and knows what she looks like. They need to go to Georgia, Puerto Rico, New York, south Florida and hand out their flyers. We hardly hear about the case, and I'm sure people where the sightings occurred haven't either.
Why are they still in Orlando? :waitasec:

Good question .... Several choices for an answer:
a) they can't afford to travel. GA is still working but CA is not. Can't imagine they have much money to travel, especially since KFN said recently that donations are down.

b) Since they either know exactly what happened or merely suspect what happened (like the rest of us) and it's just a matter of time before someone finds Caylee, they want to be close to home and close to where she might be found.

c) They truly don't know what happened or where Caylee is, despite the "sightings" reported, so where are they going to go?

My vote is (B).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back