Australia Australia - Corryn Rayney, 44, Como, WA, 7 August 2007

Hello everyone

I have had some thoughts about the lack of blood in the house.
I remember reading a lot about the case of Nina Reiser a few years ago (again there are a lot of similarities between that case and the case of GBC and LR).
Hans Reiser killed his wife Nina by strangling her. He claimed to be not guilty until he was finally found guilty and then offered a reduced sentence if he told them where he had buried her. At that point he started giving out information.

He said that he had strangled Nina, but there hadn't been any blood until a fair while after she died, when her nose started to bleed.

Perhaps that is what happens when someone is strangled. Perhaps that is why there was blood found in Corryn's car, but not at the house

In the Reiser case, the police found very little blood and from memory, I don't think that any of it was from the murder.

That's really weird I was just thinking that very same thing this morning:what:

Hello everyone
This is my first post. I have been a reader of this forum for years and have finally decided to join :)

I agree with the posters that the daughters' grinning and LR's smug smirking is most odd and inappropriate in the photographs of them before Corryn’s death.
I have seen a lot of photographs of the Rayneys together as a couple not long before Corryn disappeared. One thing I notice is that although at first glance they look like a normal smiling couple, if you look at Lloyd's mouth, it is very tense and not a real smile. For example, look at the photographs of them together on the plane when they went for their bali trip. Corryn's smile is beautiful but Lloyd's is not genuine at all.

I don't understand why LR got bail and was allowed to look after the daughters, when he was accused of murdering their mother, and they were potential witnesses. This seems outrageous to me. At the very least he could try to convince them of things that suit him.

Traditionally witnesses are in danger from accused murderers - if an accused murderer decides that a witness "knows too much", they might decide to "bump them off".

The daughter that was in the house at the time of the murder may well have heard something, but been convinced by LR to forget it or that she imagined it.
I remember being 10 (as one of the daughters was when Corryn first disappeared) and if my father had told me that I was wrong about something I had seen or heard, I would have convinced myself that I was wrong about it, even if I wasn't.

The more I think about this case, the more I think that it has been horribly mishandled by the police and the legal system in general. Things like the mishandling of the evidence and LR getting bail and being allowed to look after the children. LR being allowed to lie about the burglar alarm without it being checked until it was too late etc.

It is such a very sad case. Someone like Corryn, so beautiful, intelligent and a pillar of the community, to be cut down like that, is horrendous and beggars belief.

The only bright spot is that she spent her last evening alive doing something that she really loved - dancing.

Hi Alessi and welcome

:welcome4:

good to have you aboard.

Yes, there have been errors in my opinion, thankfully the QPS seem to have learned from them and appear not to be repeating them in the GBC case.

Let us hope and pru that justice will prevail in this case despite the errors.

:jail::jail:

JMO MOO

Hi Alessi and welcome

good to have you aboard.

Yes, there have been errors in my opinion, thankfully the QPS seem to have learned from them and appear not to be repeating them in the GBC case.

JMO MOO

Thankyou for the welcome!
I really hope that justice prevails here, though I agree with other posters that LR seems very confident that he will get off.

The mishandling of evidence really disturbs me - I know that in the past there have been accused murderers getting off or getting decisions reversed due to technicalities related to evidence (Gordon Wood is a good example).

I don't think that LR was framed. Someone wanting to frame him would not have gone to the effort of burying the body in Kings Park, they would want it to be found easily. I beleive that it is too far fetched to say that a framer would have deliberately damaged the car and left an oil trail in order to frame LR.

Cheers

Alessi

Hi everyone

LR's body language when he was released on bail, I believe gives him away.
The link to the video is below. Watch his eyes carefully when he says 'and I look forward to finally being able to prove my innocence'. His eyes flicker on the word 'innocence'.
I have read a few books on lie detecting and according to those, this would indicate that he knows that he is NOT innocent.

The video is in this link http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/r...-christmas-with-daughters-20101223-196d3.html

Thank you so much for the lovely welcome ! :)

Regarding the lack of blood evidence in or around their property, the first thing I thought about was how LR had professed to know 'how to commit the perfect murder' ... not sure who he is supposed to have said this to, but he'd hardly be leaving an incriminating speck of blood around, he knew extensive search would soon follow.
After all, the perfect murder plan was near fool proof, until the murderer smacked the bollard with Corryn's car.

apologies if it's been mentioned a dozen times already... just need to back up my post above with a link

'Murder book'

Last month it was revealed in court that state prosecutor John Aguis, QC, intended to bring to trial a witness's testimony that Mr Rayney was planning on writing a book related to his expertise on how to commit the perfect murder.

"It relates to the claimed expertise of the accused as to how one could commit a murder and not be detected," Mr Aguis told Justice Martin.

"...He made a statement to a witness about his expertise in that area."

http://m.smh.com.au/wa-news/corryn-rayney-killed-in-family-home-prosecution-20120309-1uotx.html

Interesting information in the video at the bottom of this report:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/newshome/14599161/paint-link-to-rayney-home-investigated/

Apparently the Judge is finding the detailed forensic evidence confusing and the Prosecution are preparing a simplified report for him.

Also mentions that both the girls are going to testify.

BBM. It scares me Solaris, that they will have been thoroughly schooled in what to say and what not to say, by their father, possibly in ways that are not even obvious to them.

:maddening::maddening::maddening:

JMO MOO

Hi Alessi and welcome

good to have you aboard.

JMO MOO

That was meant to be pray, by the way, not pru!!

:blushing::blushing:

JMO MOO

apologies if it's been mentioned a dozen times already... just need to back up my post above with a link

'Murder book'

Last month it was revealed in court that state prosecutor John Aguis, QC, intended to bring to trial a witness's testimony that Mr Rayney was planning on writing a book related to his expertise on how to commit the perfect murder.

"It relates to the claimed expertise of the accused as to how one could commit a murder and not be detected," Mr Aguis told Justice Martin.

"...He made a statement to a witness about his expertise in that area."

http://m.smh.com.au/wa-news/corryn-rayney-killed-in-family-home-prosecution-20120309-1uotx.html

Stunning arrogance from LR, as we have seen before IMHO

:maddening::banghead:

JMO MOO

[/B]

BBM. It scares me Solaris, that they will have been thoroughly schooled in what to say and what not to say, by their father, possibly in ways that are not even obvious to them.

:maddening::maddening::maddening:

JMO MOO

Yes, agreed. I think everybody knows that this will be a possibility. Their loyalty to their father is very evident.

Can't imagine that there will be much to be gained by the Prosecution calling them. I'm guessing that they'll be called by the Defense (probably to say what a great guy LR is and how he couldn't possibly have killed their mother). The Prosecution will have to tread very carefully during cross-examination - after all they are young, vulnerable girls who have lost their mother.

Yes, agreed. I think everybody knows that this will be a possibility. Their loyalty to their father is very evident.

Can't imagine that there will be much to be gained by the Prosecution calling them. I'm guessing that they'll be called by the Defense (probably to say what a great guy LR is and how he couldn't possibly have killed their mother). The Prosecution will have to tread very carefully during cross-examination - after all they are young, vulnerable girls who have lost their mother.

BBM. which makes their wide grins even more bizarre to me, the more I think about it.

:waitasec::waitasec:

JMO MOO

The trial was initially set down for five months but when it started the prosecution said it hoped that would be closer to two months. It is now in its sixth week.

Told of how many witnesses were still to come Justice Brian Martin quipped today: “Is that supposed to make me feel better or depressed?”

(Quote above from West Australian 21/8/2012)

Seems to me our judge has either got a very good sense of humour or he's already decided the verdict!

Prosecution's evidence has many flaws...none of it 100% like DNA so what's the point? How could someone be convicted on evidence that is 'remarkably like' , 'consistent with' or 'similar to'. Not looking forward to more witnesses...even forensic police can't agree on when/how seed pods were removed (how hard is it to take a photograph!) and they were experts on duty. I realise there were hundreds of samples taken - but all circumstantial evidence. Sorry - so frustrated that my feathers are ruffled

The trial was initially set down for five months but when it started the prosecution said it hoped that would be closer to two months. It is now in its sixth week.

Told of how many witnesses were still to come Justice Brian Martin quipped today: “Is that supposed to make me feel better or depressed?”

(Quote above from West Australian 21/8/2012)

Seems to me our judge has either got a very good sense of humour or he's already decided the verdict!

How unprofessional :(

Prosecution's evidence has many flaws...none of it 100% like DNA so what's the point? How could someone be convicted on evidence that is 'remarkably like' , 'consistent with' or 'similar to'. Not looking forward to more witnesses...even forensic police can't agree on when/how seed pods were removed (how hard is it to take a photograph!) and they were experts on duty. I realise there were hundreds of samples taken - but all circumstantial evidence. Sorry - so frustrated that my feathers are ruffled

Understand how you are feeling Tweety Pie, and agree with Cherries that the Judge's remark seems somewhat unprofessional.

I am trying to hold on to faith in the outcome in light of the fact others have been convicted on circumstantial evidence in the past, even without a body found.

JMO MOO

Hi
I decided to join this forum and I have been following the case closely.
Until today I have never been able to read much about Corrine Rayney. Her past personal life and the issues that led to the differences between the couple.

With the phone taps in the house I am curious as to what were the exact reasons?

Are there no third person at all?

Migoreng

Hi
I decided to join this forum and I have been following the case closely.
Until today I have never been able to read much about Corrine Rayney. Her past personal life and the issues that led to the differences between the couple.

With the phone taps in the house I am curious as to what were the exact reasons?

Are there no third person at all?

Migoreng

Hi Migoreng and welcome to our group

:welcome:

Previous msm reports have alluded to a third party (perhaps more) in LR's life, however have not seen any mention of any third party in Corryn's life.

Has anybody else seen such a suggestion at all?

:fence:

JMO MOO

For one moment let's give LR the benefit of doubt. As this case is undecided I think I should share my opinion here.

1 the family of CR have disassociated with LR
2 Procecution is going in circles.
3 many questions on the last hrs of CR unanswered.
4 why kill ? Unanswered or motive seems too basic. Unjustifiable.
5 LR looks and body language is not basis of a judgement

The news on reducing witnesses - i feel prosecution should prioritize witness now that will help in putting up a strong case rather than bartering with defense as to who they need to cull and who to show the judge.

I feel that this case would end up in a stalemate. LR is too clever a personality.
He will be out .

For one moment let's give LR the benefit of doubt. As this case is undecided I think I should share my opinion here.

1 the family of CR have disassociated with LR
2 Procecution is going in circles.
3 many questions on the last hrs of CR unanswered.
4 why kill ? Unanswered or motive seems too basic. Unjustifiable.
5 LR looks and body language is not basis of a judgement

The news on reducing witnesses - i feel prosecution should prioritize witness now that will help in putting up a strong case rather than bartering with defense as to who they need to cull and who to show the judge.

I feel that this case would end up in a stalemate. LR is too clever a personality.
He will be out .

Hi Migoreng

I very much fear he could be out, however:

Are you sure the family of CR was not cut off from contact by LR?

Not sure prosecution is going in circles, defence are trying to make it look that way for sure.

Many questions over quite a long period unanswered I suggest, same would apply in almost any murder trial I feel.

Why kill? Rage at threat to one's professional or social standing possibly?

GBC case a case in point.

Not a few killers do so for what seem like (to most of us) insignificant reasons. Unjustifiable, for sure.

:waitasec::waitasec:

JMO MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member