Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I would think you would normally have a history of violence though. I can't imagine someone suddenly breaking to an extremity like murder when there have been no previous incidences.

Not necessarily. There's always a first time isn't there? And you don't know if there were any previous incidences do you? Most domestic violence goes unreported, and some perpetrators psychologically abuse their partners for years, using threatening, twisted nasty language which is quite scary but of course shows no wounds or injuries. Or they physically hurt them in small ways that are hard to detect, such as pushing and shoving, pressing fingers into the skin really hard, twisting the arm a bit, hard enough to really hurt but not to injure visibly etc.

I have experienced this myself and eventually my partner did physically hurt me more dramatically when I said something he didnt like about a woman he seemed to constantly obsess over. In retrospect I have no doubt if the right set of circumstances arose he could have killed me. And at the time I put everything into trying to calm things down so that didnt happen. But people can be very unpredictable, I was just lucky. Some are not so lucky.

Just went back to find that post re AVO...says from 3mths ago. IF there was an AVO, what's the bet he came crawling back "a changed man". How often do we hear of that type of thing.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7853149&postcount=484"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Australia Australia - Alison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012[/ame]

Irrespective of just about everything (screams, SIM cards, walking conditions etc etc), it seems clear that G B-C has been telling lies (walk times, which car he used etc etc). Even a god-fearing married man having a lengthy extramarital affair is a living lie. Bottom line is that if he didn't hurt/kill Allison, he doesn't need to lie about any aspect of Thurs PM / Friday AM. However, if he did kill her, then .....

Just as an aside: Does anyone really believe that Allison watched The Footy Show (presumably NRL) ???????

Based on many years working in mental health, I'm 99.9% sure that Allison did not comit suicide. She had at least 3 very good reasons to live for. From what all have said about her, she was a clever intelligent woman who would have wanted to hang around to raise her girls, and would certainly not want to leave them in the sole custody of G B-C

I agree with a previous poster, most clinically depressed people are not suicidal or irrational, and no one has said anything to suggest that Allison was, or would ever get anywhere near that point.

I mean really ... it's all so drama. Symbolic and empty gestures which are indeed odd and confounding.

It might be completely unreasonable but I've come to really dislike everything about that family and their response to this tragedy. Hopefully their behaviour just stems from grief and pressure of media. But "Bwana" numberplates and animal skulls, the granny tongue, and most other things about them now make my skin crawl. Hopefully this is just surface bluff - they had better be looking after those poor little girls.

It might be completely unreasonable but I've come to really dislike everything about that family and their response to this tragedy. Hopefully their behaviour just stems from grief and pressure of media. But "Bwana" numberplates and animal skulls, the granny tongue, and most other things about them now make my skin crawl. Hopefully this is just surface bluff - they had better be looking after those poor little girls.

I completely agree with all you've said. I meant to ask when you posted about the numberplates, that wouldn't stand for Botswana do you think??

I completely agree with all you've said. I meant to ask when you posted about the numberplates, that wouldn't stand for Botswana do you think??

I guess - maybe. His mannerisms look more like he thinks of himself as Bwana (indignant 'excuse me' at reporters at Indooroopilly Police - then again it would be pretty stressful and annoying with cameras in your face) ... and maybe it's completely unreasonable I dislike someone I have never met. The emotion of the situation is getting away with me...

Bwana is a term given to men as respect.....ie Sir, Master, Mister, Lord. It means, he is the lord of his world. PUKE!!!

They just said on the news here that the police still have no suspects. Yet on the newspaper sites they say that numerous persons of interest were questioned. I'm not going to say anymore about it though because when i just went to the QLD police service page on facebook someone has put a link to this page about the comments. R.I.P. Allison

Maybe Allison was put in her walking clothes to look like she had been for a walk?

If that was the case you think she would have been dumped closer to where she lives so it looks like she went for a local walk.

Completely agree with you Keyboredom.

I find them irksome, to say the least.

And the thing is, if he is found guilty or in some way connected, his parents' behaviour will be assumed to be more understandable, it will make sense, in the context of being the parents of someone who could such a thing. They'll be lumped in with him when they've had nothing to do with what happened.

Stab in the dark, but I get the feeling they've all relied heavily on the Baden-Powell relationship/name, making them think they are 'special', giving them an element of teflon coating. Somehow, I don't think the pressure has prompted them to act this way. What people do under pressure speaks volumes, we see some people respond with true integrity and character which shines through. I haven't seen any of this from them.

Their behaviour through all of this has been so undignified. You'd think that at the very least they could have shown more respect for Allison.

Well Angel1 I am sure this website has a disclaimer and police have no power or control over what is said in this forum.

I can understand in their own forum they have protocol and they must conduct themselves
in the manner to uphold that. This is just another form of media and it can't be any worse than the garbage being spat out by the Journo's

The person that posted this link to QPS is probably a little granny with nothing better to do than complain! Seriously they obviously haven't had much exposure to the web

Yes I agree with all you've said too indogwetrust. The beautiful people, Denise & Bruce Morcombe come to mind, they showed incredible integrity & character all through the years when Daniel was missing. True heroes that couple!!

Yes, I think the police have much better things to do than worry about who's saying what on any one of the gazillion online forums which are currently discussing this case.

It makes sense that the police have put the kibosh on speculating on their facebook page, because they are ... the police.

They can't be seen condoning speculation or more importantly, facilitating it.

Mrs Baden-Clay's husband, Gerard, is devastated his lawyer Darren Mahony said in a statement.

"My client is devastated by the loss of his wife. His family is devastated," Mr Mahony said.

"His primary concern is the welfare of his three very young daughters and attempting to provide some stability and normality to them given the tragic news and despite the unrelenting media barrage."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226343926997

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Tejas1821