Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggested drugged but either way, put out of commission and then dragged into the bathroom and submerged

Interesting title for last nights Opinion article reminded me of this drugging Greg:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...he-one-sure-fact/story-e6frerdf-1226366054521

"Poisoned debate is the one sure fact"

by: Terry Sweetman
May 25, 201212:00AM

"THE strange affair of politician Craig Thomson has a certain resonance with the mysterious death of Brisbane woman Allison Baden-Clay, in that everyone has an opinion but nobody knows the whole truth."

Yet the article seemed to be mainly about Craig Thomson.... thoughts?

I think this is spot on

Ok...so going with the neighbours being interviewed 3 times...they must have heard a whole lot of what went on....if they didn't hear much police wouldn't bother going back for another two interviews..

How's this...neighbours do hear loads of arguing going on & add to the earlier comments about things that happen in arguments..glass breaking etc....

IF this was sounding like a way out of control domestic...neighbours quite possibly could have called 000....

Because....from QPS original alerts...

April 20, 2012

"Ms Baden-Clay was last seen at a residence"...no mention of a 000 call by GBC...

April 21, 2012

Ms Baden-Clay was last seen at a residence

April 21, 2012

Mrs Baden-Clay, 43, was reported missing by her husband

April 22, 2012

Gerard Baden-Clay reported his wife missing on Friday morning

On & on they go...but I have yet to find a report which states that GBC CALLED 000

Police turn up at the house..."where is your wife"....

"Don't know officer...she was watching tv & I went to bed.

He probably did plan on having the whole day to take care of cleaning up etc etc...if Allison was going to that conference

But the neighbours had called 000 :)

Girls like Alison would never ,really watch the footy show .You would only do it too keep the peace

Not strong evidence IMO as if she regularly got this tough up done every 6 wks defense will argue it may be an older one,,,jury will 'hear' that

Wouldn't it depend on which colour she had done (if any) on the Thursday night?

I seriously can't understand the joy or interest in having animal skulls or heads on the wall like trophies. I'm not making judgement on the BC seniors or others, or that it means you are bad person. I just can't understand it. I am an animal lover though and would much rather seeing my animals live, not mounted on a wall.

No offence intended to anyone who is into it.
I get where you are coming from...Yet I married into a family that loved the saying It's good too be "KING"

Interesting title for last nights Opinion article reminded me of this drugging Greg:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...he-one-sure-fact/story-e6frerdf-1226366054521

"Poisoned debate is the one sure fact"

by: Terry Sweetman
May 25, 201212:00AM

"THE strange affair of politician Craig Thomson has a certain resonance with the mysterious death of Brisbane woman Allison Baden-Clay, in that everyone has an opinion but nobody knows the whole truth."

Yet the article seemed to be mainly about Craig Thomson.... thoughts?
Newspaper wants to sell more copies?? After all, the ABC case is pretty big.

The facility involved may well be conducting other crucial tests related to this case apart from blood work on the corpse. There is a requirement for prosecuting authorities to have tests conducted in relation not only to evidence which may implicate particular people, but also evidence which may exculpate these same, or other, people. Criminal convictions for very serious offences have been overturned on appeal, in Qld, where the Crown neglected to have forensic tests conducted on material which, if it had been tested, would have cleared the accused. The reasons put forward for not conducting these tests at the time were that they were expesnive and time consuming and that the results would be of no assistance in securing a conviction. I would not be surprised if a wide range of tests is being conducted at the John Tonge Centre in relation to this matter. If that is so, then the completion of toxicology reports alone may be of minimal assistance to investigators until they can be evaluated in the context of the rest of the tests. Apparently contrary statements from the Commissioner and Qld Health, in my view, are most likely a simple matter of miscommunication (between agencies and managers) regarding which tests are taking longer than might have been expected. This is understandable in the current climate and would in no way affect the integrity of the investigative process. Anyone that has worked with Mr Atkinson will tell you that he is the real deal.

Dear Hawkins,
I would just like to say thank you very much for your input. Sometimes you make my brain hurt and often I have to read your posts a couple of times. BUT I know you are helping a lot of people in relation to their concern where forensics are concerned. I have a feeling you are probably very busy so to take the time out to ease our concerns are admiral. Thank you also for not posting to us like we are simpletons and treating us with respect. What a good person you seem to be. Thank you so much and keep up your awesome work. xx

Wow again! I have not even seen that report. Don't you think it is weird his parents are being so supportive..or maybe they realise their son has totally screwed up and just want to be their for him..this case is like a game of twister!

Parents supporting their kids who kill is more common than unusual. Check out the Chris Coleman case. CC slaughtered his wife and two sons in Illinois and was convicted for 1st degree murder and his family still goes around saying he was innocent. I followed that case very closely and the evidence was overwhelming. Why the parents are still in denial is a mystery to me.

I'm not saying GBC is guilty, though I am of the opinion it does appear that way. :moo:

IMO, losing business is a sign that the community isn't behind him. If he wasn't suss to many, they would help him rather than run.

What do you guys think? Would you rally behind someone whose wife was murdered by a stranger, but if you thought he had something to do with it , you'd run?

Do you think the media is convicting him?

I believe unless details have been given to the media and verified by either Supt Ainsworth or another *named* police person in the media...nothing can be considered as completely factual in any way...

Well the media have certainly made mistakes but I don't think they have been speculating or doing much investigative reporting. I think most of the mistakes have just been a matter of confusing wording, or in some cases a southern newspaper takes elements of stories already written.

It seems to me that most of what the media is writing comes directly from media releases from the QPS (other than the story about the affair and a couple of interviews such as the best friend).

Also, as we are speculating on here, which is what this forum is for, occasionally we hear of information which may be rumour, but seems to be credible rumour. We speculate as to whether those rumours are true and fit into the facts we already know. We have made decisions on which rumours might seem to be true, based on any knowledge we have of where the rumour came from. Some of those things have turned out to be correct. Isn't that also what the police do?

I mean, they have facts such as evidence they discovered at the house etc, but they also have things reported to them, some first hand, some second hand, or even third hand. They follow all those things up to verify them or rule them out, probably starting with the things that are provided first hand or that fit more closely with areas where they have missing pieces of the puzzle. Isn't that all we are doing too? We prioritise rumours based on them fitting in and who said them, and we try to verify them by watching and reading new media reports or police statements and interviews. The main difference is we don't have access to as many facts as police, or the official means to follow up and verify the rumours we hear. But it's still the same process, albeit limited.

Agree Minni...IMO the media are simply covering themselves against possible defamation by quoting the broader terminology of "police said" ... Should a police person give details to the media, the first thing the media would do would be to quote their name in their story...Not 'police said'...

Media would be unlikely to say 'police said' if they didn't, and I can tell you the police would not allow this to go on. At the end of the day the media want as much access to info from the police as possible, and getting the police offside is not in their best interests.

My theory has changed...Allison was drowned....information from someone very close to it all...sorry to speculate but it's real close too it all...

if so the police would have that information from as soon as her autopsy was performed (not that we would know about it though!) Wish you could elaborate. I can't picture a reason for her being out near a creek/in a creek late at night, unless being chased? Every theory is awful and upsetting but being drowned in a creek in the middle of the night, that is a scary sad statement I hope you're wrong

Dear Hawkins,
I would just like to say thank you very much for your input. Sometimes you make my brain hurt and often I have to read your posts a couple of times. BUT I know you are helping a lot of people in relation to their concern where forensics are concerned. I have a feeling you are probably very busy so to take the time out to ease our concerns are admiral. Thank you also for not posting to us like we are simpletons and treating us with respect. What a good person you seem to be. Thank you so much and keep up your awesome work. xx

what she said :D

I'm sorry I can't tell you where exactly I read it, but apparently the neighbours who were having a party nearby, came forward and claimed the screams were their own. I read that in this thread, I think.

As far as I know there has never been a report that the people who had a party came forward to report the screams were their own - unless I missed something. the screams also did not come from a neighbours house. Someone on this forum said they thought the screams could have come from a party but that was speculation.

As I understand it neighbours reported they heard arguing at the house. The screams were reported by someone else, living on or near Rafting Ground Road, about half way along. This is not within hearing distance of the Baden-Clay home.

One of the more likely possibilities in my opinion.....drugged and drowned in the tub

maybe he got some ideas from tv? whitney houston only died like that 7 or 8 weeks prior to Allisons death...god, what an awful thought. If so, you would think that she might be left there to back up the suicide notion. unless it all went haywire and she fought back somehow? I hate the way these scenarios play out in my brain, I have seen enough theories in my head to last me a long long time

Girls like Alison would never ,really watch the footy show .You would only do it too keep the peace

IMO all types of people watch the footy show...for example, people who like sports,
what do you mean when you say 'girls like Allison'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie