LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I doing my math right? According to that report, the JPSO officer was first notified of BSL being at Ochsner at 2216 hours. That's 10:16 PM, correct? That's prior to the 11Pm we've been discussing previously.

It also states that by the time the officer arrives, NOPD had already been there and interviewed BSL. NOPD was gone by the time JPSO showed up. The report date is also 5/19 at 22:14, which seems like JPSO was notified of the situation 2 minutes before they assigned it to an officer to go out there.

So his arrival at the ER had to happen before 10PM. I know this isn't a sticking point, but we had discussed his timing extensively earlier today so I wanted to point that out.

If I am reading this report correctly the report was done at 22:14 but under that where it shows day/date it shows as the beginning time of 15:00 and the ending time at 15:30. Would that mean that the officer's interview with him was from 3pm until 3:30pm and the report was written at 10:14?

That's the way I am reading it....help
http://klfy.images.worldnow.com/images/incoming/JPSOCrimeReport.pdf

ETA: Never mind....in the report it does state the times. So I have no idea what the 3pm - 3:30pm time is at the top of the report.

If I am reading this report correctly the report was done at 22:14 but under that where it shows day/date it shows as the beginning time of 15:00 and the ending time at 15:30. Would that mean that the officer's interview with him was from 3pm until 3:30pm and the report was written at 10:14?

The 15:00 - 15:30 is when the (alleged) incident they were taking the report on occurred. BSL stated he was attacked at 3PM.

Does anyone have an educated guess on about when LE will release some of their evidence? For example, how can they place BSL in WB? What evidence was recovered from the bike, surely the lab reports have been completed by now, right? What incriminating footage was recovered from The Advertiser's camera and how can they indentify his truck on City Hall's cameras? Also, does anyone have a clue why it would have taken The Advertiser so long to release their footage when they insisted that every business review their footage for that night so long ago? These are just a few of my questions about this whole ordeal.

i'm thinking they won't release anything until the trial. they don't want the defense to know how to and what to prepare for.

i too wonder about the advertiser's footage being viewed so late. it's possible that with less people on staff they put off reviewing their cameras? I don't think Bertrand was on Mickey's bike route, so maybe they didn't think it was THAT important. it's a shame, but you know how work is. everyone always has plenty to do, so it was probably a matter of who is going to find the time to review video all day. maybe the tech guy was on vacation for a week or so and this "chore" was added to his pile of work when he got back?? just speculating.

Hmm... I was thinking it's the time he was attacked?
Begin time 3:00 End time 3:30?
Looks like it might have been typed up on 5/20/2012 at 7:07pm?

He apparently had an awful lot going on that day.

I think it's been covered, but does anyone know what time LE put BSL at WB on May 19th?

If he really did rent a car in Spring, then he couldn't have been trying to hide the fact that he had been there. Wasn't it in TX that he reported his truck had been stolen, or was the report there just referencing that it had been reported stolen when it was found burned?

Wondering if he said it was stolen from TX or from LA; do we know?

So the report from the hospital stated that he had already explained the situation to the NOPD for two hours. So that puts him at the hospital as early as 9pm.

Also, would he not have needed a license to rent a car? Though 10 days later he could have already received a new license. In NC we are issued a paper showing we have applied for a new license and then we receive in the mail in about 10 days.

I hope that Mickey is found soon.

Kelly

In Louisiana, duplicate driver's licenses and/or ID cards are given to the individual immediately (I used to work for the Office of Motor Vehicles in Louisiana).

ALL activity related to DL's and/or ID's is tracked on Louisiana OMV's computers, documenting the date, time, and location of the OMV office where the transaction takes place. Louisiana driver's licenses also show the date of issue (anyone with a Louisiana DL or ID, take a look at it...it will show the date it was issued to you and a code indicating which OMV office you visited).

I'll bet that BSL kept right on using the driver's license that he claimed was stolen...if so, BSL has ***** in his own bowl of Cheerios. :jail:

*bring Mickey home now*

The 15:00 - 15:30 is when the (alleged) incident they were taking the report on occurred. BSL stated he was attacked at 3PM.

Hmm... I was thinking it's the time he was attacked?
Begin time 3:00 End time 3:30?
Looks like it might have been typed up on 5/20/2012 at 7:07pm?

Thanks - I went back and did an ETA on my comment as the report itself actually said what time LE talked to him.

The more I read and the more I think about it, I don't believe BSL would risk taking Mickey to his home. I don't think he would make his home the crime scene. Way too much evidence to take care of. This guy does not want to go back to jail! He knew it would be the first place LE would look if if he should become a suspect.

I think he got the h--- out of the area immediately after the abduction. The WB stop is the first remote exit once you leave Lafayette headed west. Most locals are familiar with the exit and State Hwy 975, the gravel road which runs north from the exit to Hwy 190 at Krotz Springs. The Sherburne WLM area covers over 44,000 acres. It's used by hunters, fisherman, campers, birdwatchers, etc. It would be deserted at that time of the morning. I've posted an aerial shot so you can see the terrain and how remote it is.

A - WB Exit Hwy 975 and I-10
B - near Krotz Springs 975 and 190
c - Lawtell, NE of his home

http://binged.it/MqLwAf

I don't know why the bike was dropped where it was. But I can't imagine BSL driving to NO, much less TX days later, with Mickey in the truck. Not after having been right there at the edge of such a vast area of land where his activities could go undetected. Maybe he did go home before heading to NO to stage the event that would explain stab wounds. If so, he could've driven north to Hwy 190, then west to home. If he travelled from his home to NO, he would have likely taken Hwy 190 to BR, then cut down to I-10.

Still, where was he in the hours before going to ER? How did he get from his burning truck in SJ County to Spring where he rented a car and where was he in that time period between the two? Hopefully we'll get some answers.

Most importantly, I hope we can bring Mickey home.

It seems like he must have killed or at least incapacitated Mickey by the time he disposed of her bike at Whiskey Bay. Whether he walked the bike down under the bridge and threw it in, which seems the most likely scenario given the pics chicken fried posted, or he just threw the bike off of the bridge, he would have had to have gotten out of the truck. It seems unlikely he could have done that with an alive and pissed off Mickey in the truck.

I hope they find her. This case is so, so sad=(

:welcome4:
First off, Im new to WS and still a little shaken on what can be put up on here. Also, what a privilege it is to be able to talk to different minds and discusses cases such as this so as to try and find this lovely young lady. I have been following this case since the day it happened. My heart goes out to the Shunicks and loved ones that have to endure not having their baby/sister/friend home with them. My prayers are with you and everybody else involved. Like I said before, not sure what I can post and how to post it?? On the FINDMICKEYNOW page on fb, there where several post from her friends (not sure because I do not know Mickey personally) said she carried around a box cutter. I can go back and reread to find where this was posted if need be, might take me awhile because it was in the early days of her missing when they were talking about the pepper spray she carried with her. Can anybody verify this claim or have read/heard the same thing?

:welcome4:

Anyone think the delay in having his wounds seen (other than the obvious) is because he was under the influence of something and was worried that he'd have blood drawn or have to pee in a cup??? Needed to sober up first??? ~ for the long drive...

The more I read and the more I think about it, I don't believe BSL would risk taking Mickey to his home. I don't think he would make his home the crime scene. Way too much evidence to take care of. This guy does not want to go back to jail! He knew it would be the first place LE would look if if he should become a suspect.

I think he got the h--- out of the area immediately after the abduction. The WB stop is the first remote exit once you leave Lafayette headed west. Most locals are familiar with the exit and State Hwy 975, the gravel road which runs north from the exit to Hwy 190 at Krotz Springs. The Sherburne WLM area covers over 44,000 acres. It's used by hunters, fisherman, campers, birdwatchers, etc. It would be deserted at that time of the morning. I've posted an aerial shot so you can see the terrain and how remote it is.

A - WB Exit Hwy 975 and I-10
B - near Krotz Springs 975 and 190
c - Lawtell, NE of his home

http://binged.it/MqLwAf

I don't know why the bike was dropped where it was. But I can't imagine BSL driving to NO, much less TX days later, with Mickey in the truck. Not after having been right there at the edge of such a vast area of land where his activities could go undetected. Maybe he did go home before heading to NO to stage the event that would explain stab wounds. If so, he could've driven north to Hwy 190, then west to home. If he travelled from his home to NO, he would have likely taken Hwy 190 to BR, then cut down to I-10.

Still, where was he in the hours before going to ER? How did he get from his burning truck in SJ County to Spring where he rented a car and where was he in that time period between the two? Hopefully we'll get some answers.

Most importantly, I hope we can bring Mickey home.

I should have said headed east to NO.

Quoting my own post to add: something is missing here. The JPSO report really sounds to me like NOPD was called first. Why? He shows up at a hospital in Jefferson Parish with a weird account of what happened, and they call NOPD first? There had to be a reason NOPD was the one called:
- They were already there to take a report on another incident
- BSL provided some sort of details that let them to believe he was in Orleans parish when this happened

Has anyone uncovered the NOPD report?

Ochsner is in Jefferson just across the parish line from Orleans, which might explain why both NOPD and the JP's were called,

If he really did rent a car in Spring, then he couldn't have been trying to hide the fact that he had been there. Wasn't it in TX that he reported his truck had been stolen, or was the report there just referencing that it had been reported stolen when it was found burned?

Wondering if he said it was stolen from TX or from LA; do we know?

He stated it was stolen in TX.

- Mickey abducted from Lafayette.
- Bike found at Whiskey Bay. 27 miles from abduction site.
- BSL placed in NOLA area at Ochsner. ~135 miles from abduction site.
- Truck reported stolen in Montgomery County, TX and found burned in San Jacinto County, TX. ~ 210 miles from abduction site, and ~340 miles from Ochsner.

This guy was all over the place covering this up. He needs to talk, or we need to cross our fingers his GPS and/or cell phone really was working and tracking his every move, or we need to get really lucky, or we're not going to find her. :(

I would also like to say, I live in conroe, Tx off of hwy-45 about 30-45 min north from huntsville, an hour from the location he torched his truck and about 20 min from spring tx where his family is said to live. We have ALOT of under devolped land all around where he torched his truck, I think he knew that and thats why he went north form montgomery county. I want to help anyway I can from this end? What could I be doing? Any suggestions?

Ochsner is in Jefferson just across the parish line from Orleans, which might explain why both NOPD and the JP's were called,

No, yeah, I got that. What confuses me is why NOPD was there first? JPSO has always been way more responsive and speedy in dealing with incidents. NOPD, not so much.

So, were they called first? Were they already there? Was JPSO tied up elsewhere? Why was there a 2 hour time frame in which NOPD was interviewing BSL, and JPSO wasn't even on Ochsner property yet?

Does anyone have an educated guess on about when LE will release some of their evidence? For example, how can they place BSL in WB? What evidence was recovered from the bike, surely the lab reports have been completed by now, right? What incriminating footage was recovered from The Advertiser's camera and how can they indentify his truck on City Hall's cameras? Also, does anyone have a clue why it would have taken The Advertiser so long to release their footage when they insisted that every business review their footage for that night so long ago? These are just a few of my questions about this whole ordeal.

Majority of what they have will not be made public until the trial. They are goign to release things like him being in NOLA and TX because it opens up to more tips come in, but, as far as what they know and the proof, they will keep that as tight as possible until trial.

Assuming his truck wasn't really stolen...I doubt he would bring Mickey to the place where he was going to claim it was stolen. No, she must be in LA, not far from the general abduction area, IMO, within 20 miles or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!