UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article says a week after he got there...
the charging document released today says the 29th of April

That betweenApril 29, 2010 and May 8, 2010 at the place aforesaidthedefendantintentionallyor knowinglycausedthedeathof anotherunderanyof the following circumstances (a) the homicide was committed incident to an act, scheme,course of conduct, or criminal episodeduring which the actor committedor attemptedto commit aggravatedsexualabuseof a child or child abuseasdefinedin Subsection76-5-109(2Xa);
(b) the homicide was committed incident to one act, scheme~courseof conduct~or criminal episodeduring which the actor committedthe crime of abuseor desecrationof a deadhuman bodyasdefinedin Subsection76-9-704(2)(e);

http://connect2utah.com/images/Multi_Media/connect2utah/nxd_media/dox/pdf/2010_05/ssloop.pdf

Today's hearing is practically a formality--with the info gathered to date, SS and NS have breathed their last breath of freedom--neither will ever see the outside of a prison for the rest of their miserable lives. No judge will grant bail and no jury will acquit them. I would think they wont see each other ever again as women and men are usually housed separately....Their best option: Plead guilty in exchange for life in prison w/ no parole. Then, they will be forgotten, with fewer and fewer visitors as the years go on, each day just like the prior day...the monotony of prison life. Good riddance to both of them.

For accuracy, I'll go with the Charging Document over the news article.

EDT: The charging document states between the 29th of April and the 8th of May, right?

That's the 1st day Ethan was with them, so that is probably why they state that particular date--short of SS and NS confessing, the abuse could have been on day 1 or 5...hard to say

Today's hearing is practically a formality--with the info gathered to date, SS and NS have breathed their last breath of freedom--neither will ever see the outside of a prison for the rest of their miserable lives. No judge will grant bail and no jury will acquit them. Their best option: Plead guilty in exchange for life in prison w/ no parole. Then, they will be forgotten, with fewer and fewer visitors as the years go on, each day just like the prior day...the monotony of prison life. Good riddance to both of them.
I understand, but I want them dead.

If Joe Stacy wants the State to seek the Death Penalty, I stand by Joe Stacy's decision.

This case is what the death penalty was created for.

I want them dead.

Look like the sexual abuse statement is part of a quoted statute regarding that and child abuse...I don't necessisarly read it that they sexuall y abused the boy....

That's what I thought at first, too...

But then I looked up ALL the circumstances under Utah's 76-5-202 Aggravated murder. It is clear after reading this, that they only cited the circumstances that apply in this case.

http://law.justia.com/utah/codes/title76/76_05028.html

Sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach...

Can someone post the link for the guy who is using twitter in the court room? TIA

As sickening as this all is for me to hear about, I know it is so much worse for Ethan's family and loved ones. My heart is in so much pain, and I'm a stranger, what must it be for Joe? He needs our prayers and support to get through this.
I can't stomache to look at S & N's pictures, pure evil is all I see.

VB

I understand, but I want them dead.

If Joe Stacy wants the State to seek the Death Penalty, I stand by Joe Stacy's decision.

This case is what the death penalty was created for.

I want them dead.

Hi my first friend on WS. I'm feeling the same way.

That makes two of three of us, Ella and Smart Blonde!! I'm literally sick to my stomach.
Dear Lord, please give Joe and the Stacy family the strength they so badly need during this.

http://twitter.com/BenWinslow

BW tweets that the sloops are being charged under 'shelby's law' and it is the FIRST TIME this law has ever been used.

he also tweets further down that after going to the prosecutor's office Nathan sloop's lawyer went to the jail to see him

he also says that people are starting to gather with signs outside of the courtroom

They are a very sick pair, and that is putting it mildly.

As sickening as this all is for me to hear about, I know it is so much worse for Ethan's family and loved ones. My heart is in so much pain, and I'm a stranger, what must it be for Joe? He needs our prayers and support to get through this.
I can't stomache to look at S & N's pictures, pure evil is all I see.

VB

I know. I don't even want to look at them. I have an awful feeling that it is just going to keep getting worse and I want to vomit. :sick::sick::sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member